5.0 out of 5 stars A good read
Kept the wife hooked for ages and gave me time to go the PS3 undisturbed so worth every penny, we ended up buying all his books.
Published on 17 Nov. 2011 by david bailey

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the latest books
First off I liked this book, but it did take some getting used to. I bought this after reading some of the latest books from Barclay (such as Fear the Worst, if I had not have read these first I'm not sure I would have persevered. Overall, I am glad I did as the plot and characters do develop well and at a good pace.
Published on 16 Aug. 2010 by Pricey 83

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the latest books, 16 Aug. 2010
Pricey 83 (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 17 Nov. 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay'ish, not his best., 9 Oct. 2012
col2910 (Bedfordshire,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stone Rain (Mass Market Paperback)
I've read most of Linwood Barclay's latest offerings, No Time For Goodbye, Fear The Worst, Never Look Away with The Accident still waiting on the TBR pile.

This book is one of his earlier titles, the fourth in a series featuring Zack Walker, a newspaper reporter cum sci-fi novelist. Barclay's Walker booked have been blurbed as Hiaasen-esque in style, but having read most of Hiaasen's books I'm not too sure I would agree. There were a few chuckles, and possibly one laugh out loud moment, but he never brought a tear to my eye, unlike Carl on occasions.

Walker apparently has the unfortunate knack of inadvertently landing himself in trouble, more by accident than design. On this occasion, his well intentioned efforts to assist an old friend, neighbour and sex-worker put both him and his family in peril, as well as his job and more importantly his marriage.

Murder, biker gangs, stun guns, S&M torture dens, as well as some dodgy fried food all feature prominently in the book. Whilst Walker is likeable and always strives to do the right thing, I'm probably not too bothered if I don't read about his earlier exploits, which are obliquely referenced fairly often, anytime soon.

There are plans I believe to re-issue this and the earlier Walker books in the UK, during 2013, so as my wife is a Barclay fan I guess I will be catching up whether I really want to or not.

3 out of 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Prompt delivery, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Stone Rain (Mass Market Paperback)
I was impressed with the speed of delivery. The condition of the book was exactly as described in the post, good, a few creases in the cover but that did not detract from my husband's enjoyment in reading his favourite author.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the series, 22 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Stone Rain (Mass Market Paperback)
This forth book was my favorite. I really enjoyed the story of Trixie and her past life. Best read after you have read the first 3 books in this series. Really love this author, he grows with each book.

4.0 out of 5 stars stone rain, 4 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Stone Rain (Mass Market Paperback)
Linwood Barclay is always a good read, nothing heavy but good light entertainment perfect for the beach or distraction on a flight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stone Rain, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Stone Rain (Mass Market Paperback)
As usual, this is a really good book with good story line and very in parts. I can't get enough of Linwood Barclay

5.0 out of 5 stars love linwood, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Stone Rain (Mass Market Paperback)
I love Linwood Barclay the way he writes and this book was very good for his earlier writing keep it up Linwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book - Brilliant Author, 13 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Stone Rain (Mass Market Paperback)
Another brilliant book by Linwood Barclay, a real page turner right to the very end. I am now eagerly awaiting the next release!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Stone Rain (Mass Market Paperback)
The early Linwood Barclay novels about Zack Walker are all extremely enjoyable in my view.

Stone Rain
Stone Rain by Linwood Barclay (Mass Market Paperback - May 2007)
Used & New from: £1.94