5.0 out of 5 stars An insight into another Anne Frank
Published on 29 Jan 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars Tedious
Disappointed in this after reading Anne Frank's diary some time ago. This didn't seem to flow for me I'm afraid.
Published 10 months ago by I P Froy

5.0 out of 5 stars An insight into another Anne Frank, 29 Jan 2002
By A Customer
Anne Frank's diary has fascinated me since I was 6. Imagine my delight when discovering that a publication of her other stories existed! This is the perfect companion book to the diary; some of the tales (i.e Blurry the Explorer) are mentioned in her diary and it's wonderful to be able to place them alongside the real events she was writing about. She wrote beautiful, and eventually heart-rending, fiction, as well as her captivating diary.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great author she may have been, 14 Jun 2008
This review is from: Anne Frank's Tales from the Secret Annex: Including Her Unfinished Novel Cady's Life (Mass Market Paperback)
This wonderful little book is a collection of Anne Frank's lesser known writings , found in a seperate volume.
It shows what a phenomenal young writer she was , and hints what a great author she may have been had she been allowed to live.

The book consists of fables and short stories as well as personal reminiscenses and essays.

They range from 'Kitty' - Anne's reflections on the blonde little girl next door , to beautiful fairy tales (which remind me a bit of Oscar Wilde's fairy tales) like 'The Wise Old Dwarf' and 'The Fairy'-all have a wonderful lesson enclosed within.

'Paula's Plane Trip' and 'Cady's Life' focus on the adventures of young girls during wartime , the latter touching on the holocaust which later swallowed up Anne's young life.

A constant theme in the book is Anne's conviction that relaxing and connecting with nature , can ease one's mind from any difficulties.

In 'Personal Remininscinces and Essays' Anne Frank lets us know a little bit more about life in the little house where she and other Jews hid for some years from Nazi terror.
In a particularly poignant passage , she remarks that after the war , she would get together photos of the people in the house, which is why she spent so little time on physical description of the house's inhabitants. Anne was confident she would survive the war , and recontinue her life.

A remarkable testament to the wonderful life of a child whose life was cut so short.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mature writing for her age, 11 Jan 2009
John Hopper (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
A collection of made up stories and reminiscences (and some that are a mixture of both). These show (assuming the faithfulness of the translation) that Anne had a great writing talent for one so young, and writing moreover under such conditions of almost unbearable stress and tension, cooped up with family and others, surrounded by a world persecuting her and her kind for their very existence. A moving collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars writing missing from her diary, 29 Jan 2005
A. K. Davis "akg" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This book is in two parts. The first is fables and short stories and the second is personal reminiscences and essays.
I personally preferred the second part of the book because I'm not a big fan of short stories. However I found all of Anne Frank's writing to be positive and insightful. I kept a diary from the age of eleven and I doubt that my writing from the age of thirteen could be compared even closely to Anne's. Yes the stories are childish in topic (children, fairies etc) but the themes are relevant to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne Frank, 27 Feb 2013
How anyone can give this book less than four stars is beyond me. Anne Frank was only a teenager when she wrote this so no, it isn't perfect but every tale has a moral behind it. Shame that Anne was not able to finish Cady's life, her novel the beginning was really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars A talent lost, 22 Nov 2013
I found this book moving and saddening as it made me wonder what talent was lost because of one mans crazyness

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne Frank Tales, 27 Oct 2013
Very enjoyable and in some places insightful. She was a remarkably mature girl for her years and her 'tales' were entertaining. I would strongly recommend it even if you haven't read the original diaries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Inspirational, 12 Oct 2013
Anne Frank's tales is truly unbelievable in more ways then one. On reading the book, I found it totally majestic and inspirational, especially when considering a young girl in her teenage years composed these pieces of writing. I have not given the book a full rating because of the brilliance and maturity Anne Frank employed when writing, but, instead, I found myself so passionately involved in every word I read that I just felt compelled to rate the book with a total five stars.

The best part in Anne Frank's tales come with the diary monologue called Give. It is a deeply moving piece written by a teenage girl, yet it reads like something a person in their thirties would have composed. Dealing with the issue of equality between us all (even though Anne Frank does not use the word), it is a fair account into a child's mind who is psychologically years ahead of any normal youngster.

Her writing style is likewise something incredible to look upon and read. She might not be the Charles Dickens or Jane Austen of her time, but if we can imagine for one moment the reverse realism that Anne Frank had survived the Nazi Death Camps and returned home with her father, Otto Frank, then I assume she would have become one of the greatest writers of the 20th Century.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping from start to end, 6 Feb 2013
Another view of one of the most famous people of the modern western world. I was gripped from the beginning to the very end. What Ann and her family had to go through and the friends who risked everything to help them in so many ways. So worth the 99p I paid I really enjoyed the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wise Far beyond her tender years!, 30 Jan 2013
P. Hazeldine (U.K) - See all my reviews
It is hard to relate when reading some of these tales that a girl as young as Anne was, could have written them.
Many if not all have a very strong moral tale to tell that despite 60yrs having passed, still hold very true to this day.
Given the chance, Anne would have become a very remarkable woman.

3.60