4.0 out of 5 stars This book inspired me to read more of Susan Krinard works
I thought this was an extremely enjoyable book and handled the subject of love dispite obstacles very well. It was an easy read - one for when you want to relax and unwind. The storyline was very fluid and didn't jump around although still retained its twists and turns. I look forward to reading more!
Published on 15 Feb 2001 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Good story, but many incorrect facts which jars!
Published on 17 Mar 2001

4.0 out of 5 stars This book inspired me to read more of Susan Krinard works, 15 Feb 2001
This review is from: Once a Wolf (Mass Market Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good story, but many incorrect facts which jars!, 17 Mar 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Once a Wolf (Mass Market Paperback)
I enjoyed this book - to a point. The problem was that there were several facts in it which weren't correct. For example, in England (and I recognise that most people who will read this book are from the US, cos this is a US edition) the term dowager is used in relation to a lady (ie titled) whose husband is deceased, thus accounting for the "Dower House" on most hereditary (or ex-hereditary) properties. However, here this term is used for a middle aged woman whose husband is said to be well and truly alive! I enjoyed this book otherwise, but I can only dread how many other incorrect facts which I did not pick up on were in there. I just found these annoyances to be too much (further, in the first book in this series, she gets the origin of the word 'burn' wrong also - it is Scottish!). If you can put up with an author who doesn't do her research properly then this is the book for you!

Once a Wolf
Once a Wolf by Susan Krinard (Mass Market Paperback - 31 Aug 2000)
6.20