5.0 out of 5 stars It just keeps getting better
I have just finished this book and couldn't put it down. Tami Hoag just keeps getting better and, rarely for me, I didn't solve everything before the end. Look forward to the next one!!
Published on 21 May 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read
Tami Hoag's Ashes to Ashes is fast-paced and skillfully crafted.
Published on 11 Dec 1999

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 11 Dec 1999
This review is from: Ashes To Ashes (Paperback)
Tami Hoag's Ashes to Ashes is fast-paced and skillfully crafted.
A serial killer is out to get prostitutes in Minneapolis and an ex-FBI female profiler, Kate Conlan, now working as a lowly witness-advocate, finds herself in the middle of the action. There are tough cops (both male and female) and a Mr. Cool top FBI master profiler, John Quinn, all of whose paths criss-cross over incinerated bodies and a building public relations disaster when a local millionaire's daughter disappears and is presumed a victim of "Smokey Joe's" -- the serial killer who likes burning his victims in public places.
Somewhat predictably, Conlan and Quinn make it to the sack since they happen to be ex-lovers, who both feel terribly frustrated with their post-affair, separate lives. Thankfully, Hoag keeps the sex well below saturation so that we can concentrate on the task of nailing Smokey Joe.
The plot is somewhat squishy at times, but the main characters sound very real and hard at work of putting the bad guys behind bars. Hoag's cop language is thoroughly convincing. Situations evolve quickly and lead into smooth transfers to the next (unanticipated) twist of events. As for winter in Minneapolis, it sounds awful, a true beastly affair of snow and mud under lead-colored skies.
And yes.... the serial killer turns out to be the most unlikely person in the Ashes to Ashes line up.
This is an honest cop thriller. On my Page Turner scale of 0 (worst) to 10 (best), it comfortably scores a 7 plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just keeps getting better, 21 May 1999
This review is from: Ashes To Ashes (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful, one of the best books I have ever read, 15 Mar 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Ashes To Ashes (Hardcover)
This book gripped me from start to finish, I could not put it down, however, not a book for the faint hearted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me hooked!, 19 Mar 2012
This review is from: Ashes To Ashes (Paperback)
One of the first Tami Hoag books I read. I am now an avid fan thanks to Ashes to Ashes and intend on reading every single one of her novels! I could not put this book down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Book, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Ashes to Ashes (Kindle Edition)
Tami Hoag never fails to entertain. Her books always keep me going until the very end. Superb story teller. I look forward to the next one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ashes to Ashes, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Ashes to Ashes (Kindle Edition)
Like every book of Tami's, you just can't put it down till you find out who did it. A great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars my kind of book, 21 April 2013
This review is from: Ashes To Ashes (Paperback)
I enjoy Tami Hoag's books, I didn't guess who the killer was!!! having read many of her books I enjoy the dark humour and the one liners that the detectives throw about,

if you enjoy a good detective/murder story then give it a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars gripping, 2 April 2013
This review is from: Ashes to Ashes (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't put it down, I felt I was right there, Hoag really knows how to light a scene. Dark and troubled with a rekindled romance, you can't ask for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Summary of Ashes to Ashes, 2 April 2013
This review is from: Ashes To Ashes (Paperback)
Very good. Kept me captivated for the whole book and I hope there are more like this in you library

4.0 out of 5 stars A page turner, 5 Dec 2012
B. Robinson "Wyres" (Lancs, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ashes To Ashes (Paperback)
This is the first in the Kovac/Liska series. I read the third in this series some time ago and am reading the books out of sequence.

I enjoyed the story, at 570 pages it's by no means a short novel but for me it was a page turner. With plenty of twists and turns I was pretty certain I knew who the Cremator was but I was wrong.

I found the novel well written and felt that the characters were very believable. With a good mix between the narrative and the dialogue driven parts.

I'm looking forward to reading the next in this series before long.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa4a3b6fc)

Ashes to Ashes
Ashes to Ashes by Tami Hoag (Mass Market Paperback - Aug 2000)
Used & New from: 0.01