5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book
Published on 27 Jun 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad.
I thought this was going to be a very good book but it was a little slow. I am surprised it got such great reviews. It was not that bad though.
Published on 23 Jun 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 27 Jun 1999
This review is from: Nobody's Darling (Mass Market Paperback)
This book has all the elements Medieros fans have come to expect and to love; a misunderstood hero, the heroine who doesn't realize she is beautiful and loving, the faithful sidekick, the bad guy getting what's coming to him in the end. The book had a lot of tender moments and quiet moments that added to the depth of the characters. Issues of self denial, self worth, family history, search for indentity, those are all things that people today are struggling with, as did people way back when, and I think that "the search" is one reason why Teresa's books touch people the way they do. Billy and Esme were lost souls and I am glad that they found each other and were able to enjoy each other for a lifetime. In the end, it's not what you did for a living, or how much money you made, but the legacy you leave behind and the people whose lives you touched. The humor was enjoyable, the love scenes were very enjoyable, and I am happy to place Nobody's Darling on my shelf in my collection of Ms. Medeiros's books. I hope to continue to add to my collection as the years past.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVED IT!!, 20 Jan 1999
This review is from: Nobody's Darling (Mass Market Paperback)
This was a fantastic book filled with action, humor, love and definitely great sex. It's a great read. You'll love this book. Trust me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly entertaining... not what I expected!, 14 Jan 1999
This review is from: Nobody's Darling (Mass Market Paperback)
First and foremost, I am not a fan of western romances. Second, Ms. Medeiros' Breath of Magic left me loathe to read another of her novels. Leave it to Amazon.com to convince me to try Nobody's Darling -- I am glad that I took their recommendation.
Nobody's Darling features a tough but tender hero to fall in love with and a heroine just innocent and prickly enough to adore. The chemistry between the two main characters is perfect, and the added attraction between two minor characters is equally balanced. This novel is peppered with well-timed humor (a basset hound in a bonnet!)that is extremely visual; and the settings are dynamic and plot enhancing. All in all, Ms. Medeiros' Nobody's Darling is a highly entertaining, amusing, and charming read that is hard to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars I DIDN'T WANT IT TO END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 6 Feb 1999
This review is from: Nobody's Darling (Mass Market Paperback)
I don't usually like romance novels set in the west, but when I read the excerpt to this novel in the back of another I felt I had to read it. It was a wonderfully funny and beautiful love story. The characters were very well written. I loved every minute of it and I could not put it down!!! It was one of those books you hate to see end!! Ms. Medeiros has out done herself. I thought nothing could beat 'Breath of Magic'! I was wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 8 Oct 1998
This review is from: Nobody's Darling (Mass Market Paperback)
I've been crazy about all of Medieros's books, but this one is even nearer and dearer to my heart. There was just something so sweet and irresistible about the characters--especially Billy Darling. There's nothing like a dangerous hero with a heart of gold. I read it in one sitting and wished there was more!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad., 23 Jun 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars YAHOO!!, 5 Jun 1998
This review is from: Nobody's Darling (Mass Market Paperback)
What a hoot! Teresa has done it again, and this time in the "Old West." Billy and Esmerelda have a terrific chemistry. It's a great book...don't miss it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fine read from one of romance's greats, 17 Mar 1998
This review is from: Nobody's Darling (Mass Market Paperback)
In 1878, Billy Darling, the youngest brother of the infamous Darling brothers gang, met Miss Esmerelda Fine in Calamity, New Mexico when she boldly entered the Tumbleweed Saloon holding a gun at Billy's heart. Esmerelda believes that the gunfighter killed her brother and wants the law to do something about it. When the local sheriff refuses, she closes her eyes and fires her derringer, but misses her intended target. Instead of Billy being behind bars, Esmerelda is placed in jail for attempted murder.
Billy gets her released and convinces her that he never killed her sibling. He agrees to help her find him. The couple begins an odyssey that soon leads them to love. However, can the granddaughter of an English Duke and an outlaw have enough in common to cement a lasting relationship?
NOBODY'S DARLING will be historical romance fans' darling due to its phenomenal story line, two majestic lead protagonists, and a healthy assortment of supporting cast members. The brisk plot brilliantly blends yet contrasts elements of a Victorian romance with that of an Americana romance into one of the year's best novels. Teresa Medeiros confirms she is one of the leading writers of the nineties with her ability to smoothly move her tale back and forth across the Atlantic.
Harriet Klausner

5.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed it had to end, 29 Mar 1999
This review is from: Nobody's Darling (Mass Market Paperback)
I have so much enjoyed the Teresa Medeiros books I have read so far. This is the latestest I have had the pleasure of reading. My only dissapointment was that it had to end. Then again, if you read the Epilogue, maybe there is hope. Could another Esme Darling be around the corner? I hope so.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Funny and Endearing Read, 27 Feb 1999
This review is from: Nobody's Darling (Mass Market Paperback)
This one will be well-remembered. I probably took longer to read this book than I ever have any book, savoring the humor and touching scenes within. It's a book whose characters move swiftly to take up residence in your heart to stay. It would make a terrific movie!

ARRAY(0xae9402a0)

Nobody's Darling
Nobody's Darling by Teresa Medeiros (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Jan 1920)
4.51