on 11 May 2013
Great knowledge of herbs. I only read few pages and already found out lot of interesting things - which I didn't know despite of my interest in herbal remedies. It gives a little bit of history first (enough to enlighten the reader but not bore) and then it has a form of encyclopedia, what makes it easy to find the herb's description. It has index on the end so you can also search illness first. One of those old books full of knowledge so interesting but forgotten by us. Definite "must-be" in every herbalist's library.
on 6 February 2014
I did not realise how American this book would be. Did not fne it very easy to get on with at all.
on 27 March 2011
Easy to use, interesting information about the herbs. I have to say, one of my favourite herb books. I am not educated in the healing art of herbs YET :D but if I look at the maany books I purchased on herbs recently, this one is one of the top books. I refer to it anytime I come across a herb I forget the use of, easy guide and lots of uses listed for each herb instead of just a few like in some herb books.
on 3 August 2011
At the start of the book one of the first things the author claims is that fluoride is good at fighting tooth decay. That got scrubbed out. Another problem I had with this book was promoting the use of microwaves for drying out herbs. Again, scrubbed out.

The author didn't seem to like traditional, centuries old medicine very much but the FDA, phD, clueless about herbs types that study them for a brief period (probably never use them) were glorified of course.

If you ignore all of this nonsense the book is very good. It includes many different ways to prepare the herbs; drying, tinctures etc. and the recommended doses. Some really good cure all herbs are included here that you've probably never even heard of. I am dead chuffed that the best of these grow right here in the UK ha ha :) and I can't wait to start using them.

The best part of this book though BY FAR has to be the HOXSEY formula, revealed! Yes you heard me right,

THE HOXSEY FORMULA IS IN THIS BOOK!!!

I always wanted to know after watching a program about Hoxsey if the formula used in his Dallas clinic was still being used and where you could go if needs be. Not only do they give you the location of where to get treated but they also tell you 9/10 of the ingredients used in his formula. YES!

For those of you unfamiliar with Hoxsey, he came up with a cure for MANY cancers back in the 50s but big pharma shut down his clinic. The majority of his patients were cured of cancer using his formula but they're probably all wackos for opening their mouths of course. Anyway, get the book. It's in here!

Despite the ridiculous and wrong statement about fluoride at the beginning of the book I'm giving it 5 stars because it makes up for it massively by including the Hoxsey formula and where to get treated.
on 12 November 2012
This book is the best and most informative and easily understood book that I have read. It is so well written. The amount of information is great and so easy to pick up at any time to find natural herbs that you can trust for so many conditions. It is also tells you who should not use it and why!

The amount of info is amazing. I am so thrilled I choose this book, as it is so difficult to know what book is the right one for you to buy when you cannot look at it first. I am so thrilled I got this one correct for a change! The book was thicker than I expected, which came as a nice surprise.

I whole heartedly recommend this book as it has given me so much help as I have trouble with taking GP medication.
on 10 June 2014
I am somewhat dissapointed in this book, going by the reviews I expected better,might possibly be more suitable to someone with zero knowledge on the subject, limited information and also somewhat dated,had I saw it in a bookshop I wouldn't have bought it ,there are a lot of more detailed and informative books available,id recommend one of those.
on 17 March 2014
This book is full of all information to help heal yourself naturally. I recommend this to everyone who has an interest in non prescriptive healing
on 1 July 2015
This is ok - it is exactly what it says - it is my fault for not thinking about seeing the herbs in colour - all the drawings are black and white and it makes it very difficult to distinguish some of the plants.
on 10 September 2015
Really nice book. It is very informative and easy to use. At almost 500 pages, it has a huge quantity of information, set out in a user-friendly manner. I have learnt so much from this book!
on 16 January 2016
Interesting book as the author writes on the research undertaken on each listed herb so you get a more in depth picture of the herb's healing properties and possibilities