Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on 9 January 1998
Anyone who is interested in the prison culture should read The Hot House. This expose of prison life gives the reader a real sense of what it is like to be incarcerated in one of the country's most dangerous federal prisons.
on 16 July 1998
i am a fan and friend of pete earley, he is a great writer with wisdom and wit, he writes the truth and it is everywhere in his book, .... if he reads this , we love his work , will,kelly, nawathip,and the burd
on 16 December 1998
I think that Peter Early really objectifies the harshness of prison life in a maximum security prison. Basically this book is the best one that I have read by Peter. Keep up the great writting!
on 28 September 1998
From an insiders point of view Pete Earley gives you a real life drama taking place infront of your eyes right off the page. You'll feel the story as never before.
on 29 January 1999
This is an excellent book. I read it because it was recommended by my instructors at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center as I prepared to enter the Federal Bureau of Prisons as a Corrections Worker. I would recommend this for anyone who intends to work in a prison environment. This book describes real inmates, real situations and the the mind sets of inmates and staff. Consider it a survival handbook. I would also recommend the book "Games Criminals Play."
0Comment2 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 1999
I read the book for my Correction class in college. I have never read such a great book. It really told what the inmates were thinking
on 16 July 1998
i thought this book was great , it was the realest and pete earely keeps it real n.b
on 5 January 2015
good
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 June 1998
The author does a wonderful job of getting the prison population (both inmates and staff ! ) to talk to him. They seem to drop their guard (no pun intended) and level with him. I thoroughly enjoyed the book.