4.0 out of 5 stars Makes sense.
Published on 14 Aug 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but take with a pinch of salt.
Published on 1 Feb 2004 by Piffy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes sense., 14 Aug 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Why People Don't Heal (Paperback)
The first time I read about Dr. Myss' theories, I went "Aha! This makes sense!" According to Dr. Myss, the reason people often don't get well is because the energy they need to focus on healing, gets used up dwelling on the past. The author, a medical intuitive, believes that if people would reclaim thier soul from the entanglement of past issues, they would have the capacity to generate more personal healing power. Makes perfect sense to me. If you are struggling with an illness and want some guidance in how to reconnect with your precious energy sources, read "Why People Don't Heal."

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile, inspirational reading!, 12 Feb 1999
This review is from: Why People Don't Heal (Hardcover)
After reading only a little more than half this book, I have already seen changes in my life. This is a must-read for anyone seeking to participate in repairing one's mind, body and spirit as a whole. While many of her concepts may seem a little unorthodox, she is right on target! Her down to earth advice on forgiveness and releasing the ill thoughts we have toward others will inspire you to look at your relationships in a totally different light. Her ideas on how we wear our past wounds like badges and how we can become a victim of our past, instead of getting on with our lives and realizing that we are far more than our wounds, more than our past failings, is truly inspirational. Not necessarily a religious book, she speaks of spirituality and incorporates the best of all religions. Since reading this book, I have turned to a daily practice of calming myself before sleep by listening to soft music, regulating my breathing and thinking about absolutely--nothing. I have experienced restful sleep, a more optimistic outlook during the workday, an increase in energy and have said silent prayers for strangers. I can't say enough about how positively this book has effected my life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but take with a pinch of salt., 1 Feb 2004
This review is from: Why People Don't Heal And How They Can (Paperback)
A few years ago I read Anatomy of Spirit by Caroline Myss and really felt it spoke to me where I needed to hear it. So I was pleased to get chance to read this book. Perhaps I'm in a different state nowadays (many years of therapy further along now) but I found this book irritated me whenever Dr Myss sounded particularly proscriptive about the kinds of changes that individuals needed. It's my understanding that the person needs to find their own meaning and solutions whereas all too often this book portrayed a rather self righteous or sanctimonious attitude whenever a person had declined to follow Dr Myss' proscribed advice. Nevertheless, I've gone on to read Sacred Contracts and enjoyed that too, simply read them both with some reservations.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book for healers, 18 Dec 1998
This review is from: Why People Don't Heal (Hardcover)
I am a Chi Gung master and a Shaman with over 30 years experience in esoteric healing and energy work and I spend most of my time working with and healing plants, animals, and people around the clock and as an intuitive healer myself, I recognize Caroline's skill and methods as very beneficial for any healer. I highly recommend this book to anybody who wants to gain a deeper insight into who they are and how the healing process can work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Myss hits the spot!, 18 May 2011
This review is from: Why People Don't Heal And How They Can (Paperback)
I found this book to be great in helping me understand the chakra system and explaining how healng is actually a conscious choice which is made within an individual's psyche. The more we are connected to our past and have attachments to material things the more our life force is drained from us cutting us off from new experiences which slows down the healing process of our body and mind. Myss has researched this for a number of years and has done well in explaining her story and the methods she and her patients have found useful in healing themselves from their illnesses. A great read!

4.0 out of 5 stars An insightful account of how our mind can synergize healing, 25 Mar 1998
This review is from: Why People Don't Heal (Hardcover)
As a registered nurse I have always been fascinated with healing and why some people are able to surmount incredible odds to revcover from life threatening illness. Carolyn uses her knowledge as a medical intuitive to direct us to break out of condiioined thoughts/behaviors and examine how they interplay with somatic illness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power sources: spiritual, emotional, physical, etc., 6 Jan 1999
This review is from: Why People Don't Heal (Hardcover)
Be sure to read the introduction! Myss parallels the symbolism of the sacraments of the Christian church, the Tree of Life of the Kabbalistic tradition and the Hindu chakras. The Tribal, Individual and Symbolic ages are explained. The archetypes, made widely known to us by Jung, are uplifted as a way to see the events of our lives in symbolic terms. The 3-page Epilogue "Snow White and the Seven Chakras" might be read first as another introduction to the scope of the messages of this book, then re-read as a review. Many personal stores are recounted, including Myss' own healing experience, as examples of the principles cited. This book is uplifting and informative. It ties together things we have read in many other books into a helpful whole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just problems, but solutions, 9 Dec 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Why People Don't Heal (Paperback)
I found this book not only enlightening but very practical.There's some overlap with "Anatomy of the Spirit," but just enough to summarize her ideas about the chakras for those who haven't read that book. In addition, she offers not only a good analysis of why some people don't heal (usually it's not so much "don't" or "can't," as "I'll lose too much by healing"), but also helpful suggestions on how to get beyond focussing on your wounds and begin the process of healing. Her suggested "sacramental" rituals may not be for everyone; but for those of us raised in a religion (such as Catholicism) that places considerable emphasis on ritual, they can be very helpful as a way of enlisting one's emotional and "tribal" responses in the service of healing. This is a very positive, helpful guide for anyone who's ever wondered "Now that I've identified what my wounds mean, what next?".

5.0 out of 5 stars Heal Yourself, 16 Jan 2014
Mrs. Linda Breen (Gosport, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Why People Don't Heal And How They Can (Paperback)
A fabulous and easy to read book. This is one of the best self-help books I've ever read and I've read loads of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars i made a big mistake in my review, and an very sorry,, 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: Why People Don't Heal And How They Can (Paperback)
this book arrived very quickly and all was well, very good service, am sorry if i got my reviews of other publishers wrong, 5 stars, and the book is a big help for my daughter, who has lost her partner, all 5 stars all round thank you

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Why People Don't Heal And How They Can
Why People Don't Heal And How They Can by Caroline Myss (Paperback - 1 May 1998)
6.99