5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant! Useful for most everything from flu to flatulence
this has some brilliant recipes and of the ones i've tried all have worked. It has great background information, where to go to know more and exact doses of the oils.Fantastic amount of information and an invaluable bible of aromatherapy
Published on 22 Oct 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but...
Quite a good book on aromatherapy. On the positive side, it has a lot of recipes for nearly everything. Recipes go from skin care to babies, gardening, pets and cooking. The book is very complete on this front.

On the negative side, this book contains an index with information of some essential oils (what the author describes as the "basic kit"). But this only...
Published on 19 April 2009 by Salvora

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Forever Life Experience, 30 Mar 2004
Mrs S Coten (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fragrant Pharmacy (Paperback)
I found this book immenseley interesting. And it is my guide for everything from flu to headaches to just feeling good about myself. I have learnt so much from it, and I haven't had a remedy it has recommended yet, that has let me down!
It is a must for the bedside cabinet I really recommend it to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Same as The complete book of essential oils and aromatherapy, 1 Aug 2009
This review is from: The Fragrant Pharmacy (Paperback)
While this is an excellent book it is misleading for Amazon to point out that customers who bought it also bought The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by the same author. After reading that recommendation I bought both books - only to find out that they are the same exact book under a different title. Shame on you Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars The One, The Only..., 28 May 2007
R. Wooldridge "cherry_cherry" (Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fragrant Pharmacy (Paperback)
Aromatherapists I know (including myself) recommend this book highly above all others, not just for the beginner seeking some basic knowledge and starter blends, but for the seasoned pro who requires an almanac of tried and tested information.

Since getting into Aromatherapy, I've read many books on the subject, but this is the one volume I consistantly refer back to. Whenever I am going away for a while and find it necessary to pack a portable essential oil kit, this book is always packed along with it - there's everything in here anyone might need, for any occasion.

I even took this book away with me on my honeymoon!

Honestly, I cannot say enough good things about this book. If you are interested in Aromatherapy and do not own this, then shame on you! Buy yourself a copy immediately!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 17 April 2009
This review is from: The Fragrant Pharmacy (Paperback)
I am a bit new to aromatherapy but after suffering from eczema and then my children having sensitive skin, I decided to see if natural was going to be better for the whole family. I thought this book was going to be complicated and a bit to deep for me but was pleasantly surprised. I started by looking through and finding the areas that I was interested in and tried one recipe to see if it was ok and then just went from there. I chose the simple recipes at first. It is just trial and error and experimenting until you find the right concoction for you, everyone is different. The recipes that need 'bases' like face cream and cleansers I have cheated on and bought ready made from aromatherapy sites. There are loads. I've tried 3 or 4 of the main ones and I've found the sites to be really helpful. I'm trying to learn about essential oils first then I can start experimenting with the bases as some of the ingredients are a little unusual. This book has definitely eased me into aromatherapy and I am so glad I got this book. Would definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quietly Life Changing, 9 Jan 2004
This review is from: The Fragrant Pharmacy (Paperback)
This gem has worked it's way into pole position in the kitchen. Whenever I face another challenge whether that be a childhood illness or cleaning the kitchen I reach for this well thumbed book. My daughters are delighted I had this when they had chicken pox, her remedy knocks calamine lotion into a cocked hat!
It is both easy to follow and encyclopaedic. Keep it to hand because the collection of USEFUL and effective remedies will save you 's at the expense of the pharmacuticals industry.
If you only buy ONE book about essential oils make it this one. (The only problem being you will want her other titles too!)

5.0 out of 5 stars the Fragrant Pharmacy, 23 Nov 2011
P. Pavey (Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fragrant Pharmacy (Paperback)
`The Fragrant Pharmacy` is an excellent well rounded book full of information and tried and tested blends for various pathologies.
One word of caution : it is exactly the same as another book by Valerie Ann Worwood ` The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy `. This book was copyrighted 1 year before by another publisher.

3.0 out of 5 stars oh my goodness!, 16 Dec 2004
annoyer (quinton, birmingham United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fragrant Pharmacy (Paperback)
I agree this book is quite good. But I bought the same two books : The fragrant pharmacy & The complete book of essential oils and aromatherapy. Who can imagine these two books are absolutely same? Why didn't anybody say that the latter is the revised one? I couldn't find out that these two books are same through the internet. I won't buy books any more through the internet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Fragrant Pharmacy (Paperback)
Very good reference for essential oils, it has everything... I sort of stopped using meds, replacing them with essential oils..
the book is very organised and easy to follow...

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fragrant Pharmacy, 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Fragrant Pharmacy (Paperback)
This book is really an aromtherapy bible. Descriptions are detailed enough even for a beginner. Highly recommended if your aim is to prepare your own remedies such as perfume, soaps, therapeutic esssences, cosmetics etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide, 24 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Fragrant Pharmacy (Paperback)
I purchased this book to help with creating genuinely natural skincare products, but found it invaluable for so much more. It's a real guide to using natural products in every aspect of daily life and I've since purchased extra copies for friends. It's been incredibly helpful in many ways, for example; I spend a lot of time on the water and have been plagued by reactions to mosquito bites - but not any more, Valerie's recommendation to use neat Lavender oil has transformed my life - no more itching and scratching - simple but so effective!

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

The Fragrant Pharmacy
The Fragrant Pharmacy by Valerie Ann Worwood (Paperback - 14 Nov 1991)
6.99