Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 November 2009
Don't judge a book by its cover- this has a really awful one, it looks more like a business motivation manual. But the book contains great advice and examples and exercises to inspire your acting. There are many examples given from films which makes you want to see them and learn from them. Even if you're not an actor the insights and knowledge would improve your appreciation of great acting. Easy, un-pretentious read full of gems and practical advice.
on 3 October 2013
Before reading this book, I had no structure to approaching acting. I would learn my lines and look at the different ways of delivering them whilst trying to maintain the type of personality my character has.
However, this book has completely changed my approach and overall view of acting - for the better!! Larry's very clear and concise when describing ways to analyse a script, finding what makes you tick emotionally and ultimately, to give your best performance.
Thank you Larry Moss - I recommend this book extremely highly!!!! If your wanting to be successful in this field of work, GET IT :D
on 8 January 2013
I haven't finished reading the book yet, but I'm really enjoying it and it's keeping me thinking during my periods in between jobs. It's perfect for any training actors and actors who want to brush up on their craft, however experienced or inexperienced you are.
on 25 April 2013
I've already read some of a library copy of this great book, that's why I wanted my own copy. It is in hardcover, which any bookish person knows is grand. The only 'thing' is that the fancy cover with Mr Moss' picture is absent, a superficial thing, but one I found mattered a little to me. The company is great and got the book to me in plenty of time. Thank you.

God bless and take care

Gx
on 28 April 2014
Bought it for the husband, as he's taken an interest into pursuing an acting career. Very good pointers and well written!
on 12 July 2015
After reading the usual guff that passes for an acting book, I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I felt that Peter Brook, Bill Esper, Stella Adler & Stanislavsky were all too busy being pretentious and trying to prove how intelligent they are/were that they made their books self indulgent, unstructured and inaccessible. This book is like a textbook- full of useful examples and tips. Save your money on the others and just get this one.
on 30 May 2016
Only received this book today and I cannot put it down! Definitely recommend it as a tool book for any aspiring actors.
on 29 April 2016
An excellent book on acting and script analysis.
on 21 February 2013
IDEAL FOR ANY ONE WHO HAS A TEEN WANTING TO GO INTO THE WORLD OF ACTING. VERY GOOD BOOK RECOMMENDED