4.0 out of 5 stars A Very good book!
Published on 26 Oct 2010 by sue

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting
Very expensive for a series of quotations. Extremely disappointed and it will be returned today. Perhaps it just doesn't work on kindle. I really enjoyed jack cornfield's meditation for beginners but this was a real let down. I'm sure that if you want a load of quotations, you can get it free on the internet.
Published 5 months ago by Mrs. S. F. Bratley

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very good book!, 26 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Art of Forgiveness, Lovingkindness, and Peace (Paperback)
Yes I agree with the above, yes it does encourage more thought on the subject. I have thought alot about the subject of Forgiveness lately, and Yes in some situation it is hard to comprehend; I mean how can one forgive someone for inflicting such extreme abuse on another, but we have to learn to forgive otherwise 'yes unfortunetly we are still in a prison in our own minds' and can't move forward.

I think my understanding of this now is that we have to step aside and rise above our experiences and to realize that the other person is very unhappy and going through alot of pain themselves... This does not condone/excuse their behaviour, cause what they done was still wrong! But through this understanding comes a higher sense of Wisdom... that once attained can set us free in our minds.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 7 Mar 2012
I found this book really helpful and encouraging and I would wholeheartedly recommend it; especially if life has brought you down and you need something positive to reflect on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, 3 Feb 2014
Mrs. S. F. Bratley "sbratley" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars special, 19 April 2014
Jack kornfield has a wonderfuly powerful way of getting someone to not only be introduced to buddism but also to inspire.Ilove this book because it is filled with words that are healing .Something that often can feel lacking in the everyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 17 Jan 2014
I bought this for my husband who enjoyed it so much that he passed it on to several people who also enjoyed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not what I expected, 28 May 2013
This little book is great and I love it but it wasn't what I expected. One problem of shopping on Amazon is the lack of synopsis - I thought it was going to be a self help book, which I suppose it is. It's a collection of separate writings, experiences and suggestions rather than a book with chapters.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmmm not entirely convinced, 11 Dec 2008
This book is crammed with quotes from people such as Mother Teresa, W B Yeats, Thomas Merton and so on.Also included are some interesting meditations but does it promote forgiveness and peace? Well it encourages more thought on the subject and maybe points us in the right direction so if you buy into the whole peace and love thing then this book could be just what you've been searching for. But if you're bitter and twisted or a cynic like me, this might prove to be an irksome read. I leave you with this:

Consider the dialogue between two former prisoners of war:

"Have you forgiven your captors yet?"
"No never!"
"Well they still have you in prison, don't they?"

The Art of Forgiveness, Lovingkindness, and Peace
The Art of Forgiveness, Lovingkindness, and Peace by Jack Kornfield (Paperback - 29 April 2008)
11.35