5.0 out of 5 stars Radical Acceptance - it's just plain radical!
A friend of mine gave me this book when I was going through a tough time - I felt empty, hated the world, my life, a few people around me, I felt closed, lost... I'm sure you get the idea, and we all go through those feelings.

At first glance I thought, "oh great, new age mumbo-jumbo", but then I began to read it. I had no idea about Buddhism - all I knew was...
Published on 5 Mar 2007 by dharmagirl

3.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable and very honest introduction into Mindfulness meditation
I enjoyed reading this book - it is a mix of personal experience, and Tara Brach's client stories. At times the author is almost too honest, as she describes the times we all have when our behaviour falls short of what we would expect of ourselves.

The author is clearly very familiar with many Buddhist texts and stories, however there are no references given...
Published 15 months ago by Sean Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on self-compassion and acceptance, 6 Nov 2012
This review is from: Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life with the Heart of a Buddha (Paperback)
I have read or browsed several books on the subject of self-compassion, mostly written by various psychologists with a scientific slant; this book is by far the most meaningful of all them. Written from a spiritual, not scientific, perspective, this book speaks straight from the heart and is genuinely the first self-help type book I've read that has clicked with me in such a deep way that I have felt moved to really live its message. Other books of this type have simply been read and relegated to a drawer. Not so with this one. Finally I feel I have a clear and practical guide to living in a way that is more self-compassionate and accepting. Eugene Gendlin's Focusing might be a useful partner to this book as some of the meditations and descriptions in Radical Acceptance sound very similar to the focusing process.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 9 July 2012
This is a very helpful book - well written, and a good mixture of personal experience and practical advice. Ideal for someone who is trying to get to grips with issues in their life. You get the benefit of Tara's experience as a therapist, and her understanding of Buddhist wisdom. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book!, 22 Jun 2012
S. O'Brien - See all my reviews
This book was recommended by a yoga teacher in my first yoga class. I have a generalised anxiety disorder, and went through periods of physical symptoms followed by thoughts of fear, followed by changes in behaviour to avoid situations, followed by shame and embarrasment and so the cycle continued. This book spoke to me about what i am going through and that everything shifts and changes, some days are good, some are bad, but acceptance is what is most importance. Once you can accept anything, knowing it will pass, and treat yourself with loving kindness instead of going into autopilot when fearful (whether that is crying, shouting, being angry, walking away), you can accept this is happening nad you are ok just as you are in every moment.

I am not a Buddhist and was a little put off by the title and image of a flower on the front, but it spoke to me more than any of my other books and I have recommended it to all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, practical and genuine., 9 Aug 2013
This is a wonderful book. Filled with engaging stories, warmth and inspiration. Tara Brach is a gifted teacher and guide. I'd recommend this book to anyone, her website and guided meditations are also excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent insights to radival acceptance, 12 July 2013
liked the case studies that make practices come alive. recommend to anyone exploring how to live in a more harmonious way ro exploring the practices of a buddhist life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful advice for meditators, 2 Jun 2013
Tara Brach gives some very helpful advice and exercises to help meditators who experience difficult emotions, with real-life case histories to reflect on..

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful and Practical Book, 25 April 2013
What a wonderful book! Full of inspiration, beautiful and fitting quotes and poetry, stories from her clients lives and wisdom as well as practical exercises to help you practice radical acceptance in your own life. I really liked the way Tara shared so honestly and humbly from her own own life, it helped me feel able to embrace the spirit of the book and 'radically accept' my human-ness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 3 Mar 2013
This is one fantastic book that will help you along everyday life. The cases mentioned in the book gives you a chance to relate to the problems and so to the guidance. I really enjoyed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still trying to finish it, 27 Dec 2012
I do love this book, but you do need the time to sit and digest what your reading. I'm still trying to finish it.

5.0 out of 5 stars radi8cal acceptance by tara brach, 7 Jun 2012
This book is a great comfort in my life and the author simplifies things by relating to her own experiences which makes me realise that we all have our pains and sufferings, and tells us of the importance of the the present (the gift!!) moment to acquire realisation of what is going on behind our own front doors.

ARRAY(0xb2f31cc0)