5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Grounding for self diagnosis and recovery.
Published on 26 April 2006 by Tom

2.0 out of 5 stars pain-free at your PC
Published 10 months ago by Ms. A. Wisniewska

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Grounding for self diagnosis and recovery., 26 April 2006
Tom (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pain Free: At Your PC (Paperback)
I've been doing egoscue exercises for years working solely from his books to fix serious lower back pain and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome that at one point stopped me being able to write or train. The original book, "Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method..." offers an essential background to the method that seems to be missing from the later books, but I personally find the exercises in this book the best in the series.

Whether you use it in combination with Physiotherapist, Osteopath or whatever, this is an excellent starting point for accelerating and taking control of your own recovery or day to day fitness and flexibility.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more computer-induced neck pain, 6 Sep 2010
This review is from: Pain Free: At Your PC (Paperback)
I came across my first Pete Egoscue book in a second-hand shop in Skipton. It literally changed my life! We were on holiday and I was in a lot of pain from my back from a combination of sitting around too much and trying to do some walking (I have ankle problems so walking is difficult). My back got so bad that painkillers weren't touching it and I was crying with the pain.

But the Pete Egoscue book helped where nothing else had. I did some simple exercises (nothing too exerting!) and they eased my back enough to do others that would build up the muscles and stop it getting so bad again.

Once I was home and back on my laptop, though, I started getting what I thought were migraines again. I had been free of them on holiday. I ordered this book because it has been specifically written for today's postural pain problems. My 'migraines' turned out to be coming from my neck, which I was holding at odd angles thanks to my computer use.

Egoscue gives sets of simple, easy to remember, exercises for different types of computer users - moderate, average and 'power pc' users. He talks about how to break patterns of pain. I was certainly guilty of that. I used to hold the telephone between my ear and my shoulder so I could input data as I talked. That's a very obvious, stupid thing to do but it is actually something many of us do all the time without realising.

Another big thing that has helped me, apart from this book, is getting laptop stand. It raises the screen so I'm not giving myself neck pain from looking down at it.

I have this and other Pete Egoscue books in the library at the training centre I run. I think they are vital reading for those who want to stay healthy in today's technology-driven environment.

2.0 out of 5 stars pain-free at your PC, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Pain Free: At Your PC (Paperback)
my problem with this book, is that there's too much in it, too confusing, although some good ideas. I don't think any normal person can work this hard at exercises on their own without being pushed by a personal trainer. Jim Johnson PT I find much better, as with him, you only have to exercise three times a week, can pick exercises that are easy for you to do, and vary them so as not to get bored. Got a few hints out of pain-free, but I think of the passing thebook on.

Pain Free: At Your PC
Pain Free: At Your PC by Pete Egoscue (Paperback - 2 Nov 1999)
Used & New from: £3.02