on 7 August 1999
All of the reader reviews currently on the page deal with the first edition. I just received the new edition.
First, for those who are looking for a cook book to solve specific problems, this may not be it -- as a response to people who felt mislead by the title.
This ISN'T a dog training book, what it is, is a manual and a philosophy for solving the problems in your life caused by other's behavior, whether it is your husband, your children, your pets, or your co-workers.
The new edition brings in our new research and our ideas. Anecodotes are more relative and talk about people we all know and have met through the click-l list and other internet interactions.
This is definately the definitive book on behavior modification, and it is infinitely readable.
<CLICK> Good job Karen!
on 3 July 2014
Not a bad book, did have some good ideas but not so easy to put into practice - maybe that's just me.
Although I must confess that I haven't actually finished reading it as I keep falling asleep.....
on 25 June 2012
An easy read. Was recommended reading as part of a Canine Training Handler Course. Highly recommend reading this. Written in an easy to follow and read way.
on 4 July 2003
I bought and read this book as it had been recommended to me by my auntie, who is a respected psychologist. I, therefore, was really looking forward to reading it and wondered about the transformation it would make to my life.
I'm afraid to say, I'm still waiting. I found it difficult to apply to everyday 'human' situations.
And, I have to admit that I have not finished reading it. I probably got about 3/4 way through and just haven't managed to motivate myself to finish it.
The way it is written is clear but I found it difficult to think how it would be valuable in many situations.
44 comments|14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2016
very happy with condition
on 5 June 2006
Didn't rate this book. Didn't like the way it was written or the methods. Try Jan Fennell instead.