5.0 out of 5 stars I've just read most of the new version.
All of the reader reviews currently on the page deal with the first edition. I just received the new edition.
First, for those who are looking for a cook book to solve specific problems, this may not be it -- as a response to people who felt mislead by the title.
Published on 7 Aug. 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad book, did have some good ideas but not ...
Not a bad book, did have some good ideas but not so easy to put into practice - maybe that's just me.
Although I must confess that I haven't actually finished reading it as I keep falling asleep.....
Published 9 months ago by Shelly

5.0 out of 5 stars I've just read most of the new version., 7 Aug. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Don't Shoot the Dog!: The New Art of Teaching and Training (Paperback)
This ISN'T a dog training book, what it is, is a manual and a philosophy for solving the problems in your life caused by other's behavior, whether it is your husband, your children, your pets, or your co-workers.
The new edition brings in our new research and our ideas. Anecodotes are more relative and talk about people we all know and have met through the click-l list and other internet interactions.
This is definately the definitive book on behavior modification, and it is infinitely readable.
<CLICK> Good job Karen!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad book, did have some good ideas but not ..., 3 July 2014
Shelly (Cardiff, S Wales) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars B Cullinan, 25 Jun. 2012
B. Cullinan (Ireland) - See all my reviews
An easy read. Was recommended reading as part of a Canine Training Handler Course. Highly recommend reading this. Written in an easy to follow and read way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to Apply, 4 July 2003
Hayley Byrne (Tring, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought and read this book as it had been recommended to me by my auntie, who is a respected psychologist. I, therefore, was really looking forward to reading it and wondered about the transformation it would make to my life.
I'm afraid to say, I'm still waiting. I found it difficult to apply to everyday 'human' situations.
And, I have to admit that I have not finished reading it. I probably got about 3/4 way through and just haven't managed to motivate myself to finish it.
The way it is written is clear but I found it difficult to think how it would be valuable in many situations.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't shoot the dog, 5 Jun. 2006
E. Lloyd "Red Dog" (UK) - See all my reviews
Didn't rate this book. Didn't like the way it was written or the methods. Try Jan Fennell instead.

Don't Shoot the Dog!: The New Art of Teaching and Training
Don't Shoot the Dog!: The New Art of Teaching and Training by Karen Pryor (Paperback - 31 Jan. 1999)
Used & New from: £3.21