Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 June 2011
I really enjoyed this book . Full of good advice on how to diagnose the cause of your pain and then treat it.
I'm not cured yet but i'm having a damn good try at helping myself.
on 26 May 1999
I purchased this book after being diagnosed with 2 herniated discs, one ruptured. My neurosurgeon told me there was nothing I could proactively do to remedy this condition, but I refused to accept this diagnosis and subsequently found and bought this book.
I performed some of the exercises for back pain and felt some immediate, but not complete, relief. I knew, though, that I had a lot to fix after being in an extremely severe car accident several years ago. I was extremely impressed, however, with the physiological foundations for this form of therapy. It just made a lot of intuitive sense.
So, I arranged to visit the Egoscue Clinic in Del Mar, about a 3 hour drive from my home. I'm now 3 visits into the 8 visit program and I could not be more impressed. These people are doing AMAZING things and getting people back to living functionally who thought they'd never be functional again.
In the strongest possible terms, I encourage ANYONE to get this book, read it, and use it. And if you suffer from chronic pain that is seriously impacting your life, you owe it to yourself to avail yourself of the clinic's services.
By the way, I've had the opportunity to meet Pete Egoscue and have spent maybe a half hour talking with him one on one. He's a very nice, humble man who has a sincere heart for helping people become pain free.
on 23 December 2014
Only had it a week but am very impressed so far. I have had bad hip pain for a while now and after one week of doing the exercises each day I can honestly say I am practically pain free. Still a way to go but the difference so far is amazing. I wasn't sure it would work but now I think if you are prepared to follow the exercises to the letter daily, you will get benefit. I feel normal again. I would recommend anyone suffering from joint pain to give it a try.
on 16 April 2016
Egoscue is great. I suffered from a herniated disk for years. It got bad that I sometimes lost the feeling in my legs and I even fainted once from the pain. Using his methods and working on my emotional issues helped me to be pain free. I have not entirely cured it yet but I know I can. My posture has completely changed too. I am now straight as opposed to hunched over as I was before. I started 4 years ago, I am now nearly 40 and I injured my back when I was 26.
on 15 June 2015
What this book did was to awaken me to the fact my pain may be muscular based rather than spinal. it has some great exercises and if it works for you GREAT. I pondered how some people have to continue to keep up these exercises for life? was the human body designed that way?

eventually stumbled upon Dr John Sarnos healing back pain. I urge anyone who is truly desperate to give it a try if Egoscue doesn't work for you!
on 7 June 2016
I have ordered the book after reading about Egosque method online. After reading the book I have passed it to my friend and it was the best gift she could expect.
Easy to read, detailed, with pictures for exercises. Just read and be healthy in simple way.
I repeat some exercises daily just for relaxing back, hips and it really incredible small magic happens in the body with simplicity.
Delivery was quick!
on 24 June 2015
Brilliant book! I refer to it quite a bit. If you are in any pain this is a must read... it explains how your skeletal bones and muscles should work in co-ordination with each other, but if there is dysfunction then you have problems. You can rectify this dysfunction with easy exercises which are really easy and are basically just working with natural gravity, which helps to re-align your body to how it shoud be.
on 5 August 2010
First third of the book usual American psycho-babble. When you do get to the exercises some are good others less so and others caused pain and discomfort. Take it with a pinch of salt..it is not a panacea.
on 28 August 2011
This book makes so much sense and the logic is easy to follow and digest. Straight forward exercise and reasoning behind the ideas make it easy to follow and the results speak for themselves. My life is a lot happier, as is my outgoing persona, because I can move and exercise with a lot less pain and restriction than I have since my early 30's (now 50) Great book and well worth the price.
on 17 April 2016
Recommended by an osteopath, who could not help me much. I have fibromyalgia. The first exercise I tried using this book <<<seems to have>>>> triggered such a massive migraine that I was hospitalized for 5 days and even morphine wouldn't touch the pain. This could have been a coincidence ...... but obviously I am unwilling / too scared to attempt it again.