5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try.
The idea behind this book is that you can relieve pain by normalizing your body's posture and movement. Likewise, the book's premise is that chronic pain is the result of imbalances in your body.

The cure? Exercises called "E-cises" that aim to get your body lined up properly and moving normally. All major areas of the body are covered such as the hips, knees,...
Published on 6 Sep 2008 by a reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Please pick and choose
Suffering from low back pain, hip pain, and neck pain for over five years I was given this book to read. After one session of chapter 7 I felt relief in my hips and my knees were more directly positioned over my feet. But as I read through this book I came upon some disturbing statements made by the author. On page 137 he states that spinal stenosis,...
Published on 16 Feb 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain (Paperback)
Sadly in my own case began excises in book, you could see his theories, but medical condition worsened so could not continue. Will try again when I recover but some I was not able to do because of neurological condition. Cannot solve all would be my thoughts. Only if structural in the physical such as joints, tendons, muscles.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is early days but I feel like I could recommend it to friends, 27 Dec 2013
I have had back and hip ache for ages so was willing to put the time in to do the exercises in this. I tried the hip ones first and they didn't do much but the last few days I have been doing the ones for lower back pain and my back feels different. Did a long walk without the aches I would normally expect to come home with - so I will stick with it. It is an interesting read in any case - and has put me off ever having surgery for hip or knee problems - he makes it clear that these don't deal with the cause of problems - only the symptoms. If I was ever in that situation, or knew someone who was - I would recommend they invest some time in trying to resolve their issues using the Egoscue exercises first before resorting to surgery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money., 17 Nov 2013
It appeared to me that it aimed to achieve a good centre of balance and prevent movement and postural strains. It contained excellent photographs to guide the reader and the language used was perfect for me, occasional word not understood but could easily be looked up in a dictionary and it was only the occasional word. Overall the explanations were clear, concise and suitable for anybody with virtually no knowledge of human biology, such as myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have if your in postural related pain., 21 Oct 2013
I bought this book a good few years ago and still refer to it every now and then. The exercises do not requi

4.0 out of 5 stars very inspirational, 20 Oct 2013
simple techniques but big results, not to be missed if you want to develop a great understanding of human anatomy

5.0 out of 5 stars Pain free, 1 Oct 2013
Excellent book, gives a lot of very practical and easy exercises to do. It is then up to the individual to find the one which gives them most benefit.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 30 Aug 2013
This is an amazing book and really makes sense. just started the exercises and I feel weird after, like my skeletal structure has adjusted itself, but I felt totally out of alignment before starting these exercises.

4.0 out of 5 stars Straight talking solutions for pain relief, 16 Aug 2012
The book was recommended as an effective solution to treating lower back pain. It is and I equally recommend. No startlingly new techniques here - just good sound physio in easy to absorb and apply exercises (e-cises in the branded version).

4.0 out of 5 stars pain free, 24 Oct 2011
its very good book and make you understand about pain. this is helpfull and show exercises to help getting into aligment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight forward common sense approach to body alignment, 28 Aug 2011
This book makes so much sense and the logic is easy to follow and digest. Straight forward exercise and reasoning behind the ideas make it easy to follow and the results speak for themselves. My life is a lot happier, as is my outgoing persona, because I can move and exercise with a lot less pain and restriction than I have since my early 30's (now 50) Great book and well worth the price.

ARRAY(0xa0acbdbc)

Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain
Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain by Pete Egoscue (Paperback - 1 Jun 2000)
9.65