5.0 out of 5 stars easy to read, comprehensive intro to moon nodes!
I LOVE this book! I bought it because I wanted to learn more about the North Nodes. It's not easy to get a lot of information on this (even on the internet).
I love the way it's written so clearly - great for people like myself who are interested in astrology but can be fazed by the language used by professional astrologers.
It actually gives you concrete...
Published on 28 Aug. 2005 by space68

1.0 out of 5 stars A great disappointment.
I have just purchased this book, and I am very disappointed with it. It is a thick book, but it it is all froth and little substance. I bought Martin Schulman's book 'The Moons Nodes & Reincarnation' some time ago, and wanted Jan Spillers book to compare; there is, however, no comparison. Schulmans book is both concise and well-written, whereas Spiller writes a lot...
Published on 5 Oct. 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to read, comprehensive intro to moon nodes!, 28 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Astrology for the Soul (Bantam Classics) (Paperback)
It actually gives you concrete actions you can take to work through the issues of your North Node. I like this - it's not just theory which you could forget about before long.
I was amazed at the accuracy with which Jan Spiller described my life to date. Being an Aries North Node I have all too often let other people run my life for me, having no confidence to say "no" because I wanted to be "nice". Wondering why the passion goes out of my relationships because I am trying to be the person I THINK my partner wants me to be.
I am sure my life can only get better armed with the knowledge and tips from this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishingly accurate book, 12 Nov. 2000
This review is from: Astrology for the Soul (Bantam Classics) (Paperback)
This is one of a huge number of astrology books I have read over the last twenty or so years. I found it to be full of useful insights and written in a reader-friendly way. There is no astro-waffle here! Basically it tells it like it is even if that can be a little difficult to admit to at times. This is a book in the best tradition of self-help but astrologically speaking. When you are reading about your own little foibles you have to be open and honest yet Jan Spiller does not set you up to knock you down. Her comments are given in a truthful and empathic way. A fascinating read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Essence of Astrology, 12 Jun. 1998
This review is from: Astrology for the Soul (Bantam Classics) (Paperback)
Many astrology books out there are merely indulgement in philosophy. Astrology for the Soul is a practical book, applicable to any reader's life with razor clear explanations that cut to the heart of the matter. Jan sacrifices technical jargon and too much compartmentalization to completely integrate the life lesson contained in each node. While she doesn't specifically identify the south node, each node is dealt with showing the true polarity and with details of the north and south aspects of nodal placement: the negative karmic patterns of the south node that must be transcended, and the positive qualities of the north node which must be consciously integrated. Jan includes down to earth, plain language descriptions of the qualities that must be moved out of subconsciousness into consciousness so that the reader is able to recognize that within which he most tries to conceal. She includes healing affirmations and specific practices which make sense and work. This book came into my life in an unexpected way and quickly has become the heart of my analysis and the entry point into any chart that I use. While individual house placements are not included, and aspects to nodes are not covered, the essential core meanings are included here for the reader to build from. A tribute to the essential meaning of Astrology, the purpose of which is to add to people's lives and give them information which they can use and not merely think about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astrology for the Soul, 6 Mar. 2006
This review is from: Astrology for the Soul (Bantam Classics) (Paperback)
If theres one book you should get on the north node this is it. I have been studying astrology for some time now and this book is so comprehensive and easy to read. It was a revelation to me. Definitely not pocket sized but jam packed with all the stuff you wish someone had told you years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too close for comfort, for some., 23 July 1999
This review is from: Astrology for the Soul (Bantam Classics) (Paperback)
I have studied and practised astrology for over 20 years, and continue to study and critically evaluate the current literature. Jan Spiller's book is a seminal work. It accurately establishs the life purpose for each nodal position with astonishing clarity and depth. Her tone is clear and uncompromising, yet gentle. I winced at some of it, but recognised where I and others have been, how far we have progressed, and what has yet to be overcome. And she encourages that overcoming. While she does not spare our sensibilities, this is genuinely useful information. The most crucial astrological text this decade - read it and wonder at her angelic genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars A complete reference source on astrology based on nodes!, 1 Sept. 1998
This review is from: Astrology for the Soul (Bantam Classics) (Paperback)
I loved this book and found it to be a wealth of information! It is centered on providing astrological information based on the north node. So little information has come out based on the nodes that I found this to be a book that I could not put down.
Jan Spiller has put the material together in a logical and easy-to-follow format. I think anyone, novice to expert, can learn from this fascinating book. It is truly a key to learning more about yourself and better understanding others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly accurate, 27 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Astrology for the Soul (Bantam Classics) (Paperback)
I have been totally blown away with how accurate this book is. Jan explains that your North Node can give insights into your current life and your past lives. I found this book spookily accurate when it described the hidden parts of my personality and highlighted problems I am experiencing. I have to say it did shed a lot of light on aspects of my life I found confusing and has given me some well deserved clarity to a variety of aspects in my life, including my career, how I interact with people, romantic relationships and the life lessons I need to learn.

Honestly... I agree with around 95% of this book and have given it 5 stars because it is the first genuine book I have read that has really gotten to grips with explaining why people are how they are in life without writing magazine-type "shallow" horoscopes. Jan goes in-depth and for me, everything she wrote was valid and I felt "true".

This is definitely a surprising eye-opener and I believe even the skeptics would be impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Extremely Valuable Book and a Big Influence of My Life, 18 Jun. 1999
This review is from: Astrology for the Soul (Bantam Classics) (Paperback)
Jan Spiller's descriptions of the individual by nodal position are uncannily accurate. The book demonstrates beyond a doubt the extreme importance of the nodes in the birth chart. I found the section that applied to me remarkably on-target. I also find it extremely useful, and I have read it over many, many times and will probably continue to do so. It serves as a constant and ever-ready reminder to me of what I need to do to get and stay in touch with my inner energies, and what my in-grained psychological and behavioral pitfalls are that I must seek to overcome or transcend in this lifetime. Just take a look at the book in a bookstore and see if the section that applies to you seems on target. My guess is that it will and you will see how valuable this book is. I sought out Jan Spiller for a reading after reading the book and I think she is a phenomenal astrologer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but..., 27 May 2014
This book is interesting but somewhat long winded. There is a lot of repetition in the text. It would have been a much better book if more concise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise, accurate., 8 Jun. 1999
This review is from: Astrology for the Soul (Bantam Classics) (Paperback)
I have found the information in this to be invaluable. When I read my own node I felt I was reading something written directly for me. As I read other peoples I felt the same. I have been studying astrology for many years and find this to be some of the clearest most accurate information, simple too as you do not need to have a chart to know your node and therefore the detail of information offered in this book. Kudos to the author, Jan Spiller.

Astrology for the Soul (Bantam Classics)
Astrology for the Soul (Bantam Classics) by Jan Spiller (Paperback - 16 Oct. 1997)