5.0 out of 5 stars a goddess-send for busy pagan parents, 11 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I have been looking for this book for years and I am grateful that Starhawk and her friends finally published it. I have been unable to locate any other source for child-friendly ideas to make pagan celebrations meaningful. This book focuses on foods, activities and stories to convey to children the wonder of natural cycles without preaching dogma, pagan or otherwise. I am not by nature effusive or sentimental, but I am writing this book six days after I received it, and I know I will be turning to it for inspiration when (and if) my seven-year-old daughter has children. For parents who follow a pagan path, but believe religion is a personal choice, this book is ideal. It provides countless ideas for sharing the joys of the seasons and their mythic significance without preaching. I cannot recommend this book too highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all pagan parents, 18 May 2004
This review is from: Circle Round: Raising Children in the Goddess Tradition (Paperback)
i was very impressed with this book it has many exciting things in to do with your children,there are things such as baking,and making things it is good for a rainy day as well,with plenty to do reguarding pagan ways,there is also music notes in their for songs and some really great stories,also some easy rituals to do with your children i found it great once you pick it up its hard to put down,you will never do all the tasks theres so many,its a must for any parent not knowing how to start to bring your children up pagans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 1 Jan 2004
I have eight children & the five youngest are home-educated. Having been Pagan for the about six years I was looking for a book that would help me teach my children about my beliefs but in an enjoyable, understandable way.
This book has it all & more. It's beautifully written, interesting & has great activities for children & parents to get involved in.
Also songs & ideas for the Sabbats & handfasting etc.
You will not be disappointed if you buy Circle Round as it is worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST for every pagan parent!, 5 Mar 1999
By A Customer
Starhawk, et al., have assembled a wonderful source book for pagan parents of all traditions. As a priestess who was having some trouble finding a starting point to begin educating my two young children in our faith, I found the book jam-packed with ideas: fun craft projects, kitchen magic, stories to read to younger kids.... I can't say enough about this book & have recommended it to several friends. Blessed Be!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't belive how good it is!, 6 Sep 1999
By A Customer
I loved this book. As a mother of 2 young childeren and a practitioner of a Goddess based religion I was thriled with all the helpful ideas in this book. I think this book is a must have for all people who want ideas on how to share thier beliefs with thier children. The only drawback is finding enough time to do it all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids ... & adults just learning the craft!, 26 Mar 1999
By A Customer
Owning the book as an adult I get to reprogram my "inner child" in a childs understanding. Nature abhores a vaccum and tring to undo my conditioning from childhood was impossiable without giving my inner child a new vision. This book is an excellent guide for initiates or adding depth to your spritual travels.

5.0 out of 5 stars IT IS STUPENDOUS!!!!!!, 7 Feb 1999
By A Customer
There are chapters on the 8 holidays, the moon cycle, the elements a life passages. Each one has ritual elements, craft projects, songs, and coolest of all stories. It is particularly nice because, although there is a small section of what I call Paganism 101, it is mostly a huge resource book. It's also "non-sectarian" enough that you could give it to anyone open minded enough.
Run, don't walk, to your nearest book source and scrounge it. Give it as a gift to parents everywhere.
Ok, can you tell I liked it???
Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ,packed with info and things to use, 9 Aug 2001
I have found this book invaluable when planning celebrations of the festivals.There is a wealth of stories to help children understand the wheel of the year and I used the beautiful First Blood ritual for my 12 year old who loved it.A real treasure and heirloom to pass down.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a MUST for pagan parents !, 12 Dec 1998
By A Customer
I just finished reviewing this book and it is a MUST for pagan parents! Wonderful stories to help young ones learn about dieties, tradition and celebrating the Sabbaths. Lot's of great craft ideas and songs too. Made me wish I could raise my children all over again. (Well, almost) END

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST !!An asset to any library !~!, 4 Mar 1999
By A Customer
This book is wonderful, easy to read and follow for anyone raising children in the Old religion !We especially like the stories ! Many simple /fun things to do//A wonderful way to introduce your children to this way of life..

Circle Round: Raising Children in the Goddess Tradition