5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent presentation of a complex art
Published on 23 Mar 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed
This book is not for a novice! I wish I knew this before I bought it. I have studied and believe in the benefits of accupressure, and jin shin is a form of accupressure- but this book is so complicated and the instructions so unlear, that perhaps could be useful only to someone who has a good understanding of Jin Shin already.
Published on 26 Sep 2011 by souwill

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent presentation of a complex art, 23 Mar 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Touch of Healing: Energizing the Body, Mind, and Spirit with Jin Shin (Paperback)
In seeking supplemental therapy for my infant son, I came across Jin Shin Jyutsu. This volume presents so much valuable info that it makes your head swim. Mary Burmeister is quoted in the book as saying " If you are confused, then you are beginning to understand." Simple finger holds and energy release points are shown. Many examples of uses for the therapy are included. My son has cerebral palsy and a seizure disorder. One of the signs of an approaching seizure is flushed cheeks. Both my wife and I applied a simple hold on his index finger, and the flushed color left his cheeks, and he avoided a seizure. If this is the only result from this book, it is worth 10 times the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Alternative to painful and many times useless therapy, 26 Oct 1998
By A Customer
I found Mary Burmeister's teachings of Jin Shin enlightening. The books can teach you easy pratical holds that you can do on yourself to reduce tension, stress and other problems. The simple holds I performed on myselft were so effective that I sought out a practisioner of Jin Shin who has been so effective in helping me with back pain from a long ago accident to the point I have been able to return to work

5.0 out of 5 stars The Touch of Healing, 26 May 2009
Anne (E. Sussex) - See all my reviews
This book is excellent, especially for a beginner. All the instructions are simple to understand and there are diagrams to illustrate the positions needed. There are also anecdotes which are very interesting. As a matter of interest, I originally wanted "Practical Jin Shin:" by the same authors after I had borrowed a copy from the local library, but this book was priced at 72, so I bought The Touch of Healing instead for 9.99 including postage, only to find that both books are identical!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Touch of Healing - A Revelation, 11 July 2009
The book, first and foremost, is very easy to read, so much so that just reading it is relaxing. The easy to follow instructions guide you, step by step, towards the way of knowing oneself. Even my mother, at 75yrs, understood and enjoyed it and is now a devotee of Jin Shin Yutsu.

5.0 out of 5 stars self health, 28 Aug 2009
Mrs. C. M. Logan "Pooh bear" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Using the advice in this book has helped me shift lots of trapped emotions. It takes time to take effect but regular practice is worth it. The book is pretty readable and the breathing exercise helped my friend turn around her chronic health problem. The kind of information in this book would cost hundreds to get if you attended a course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful work, 21 April 2010
Mr. G. Whiteman (Dorset) - See all my reviews
This book covers a way of working with 'Body Energy' that is profound, by using the same method of holding that Polarity Therapy uses, jumper cabling, by touch alone the body can be brought back into balance. Theses are Ancient methods being rediscovered in the modern age, but they are still relevant and really do represent the way forward when dealing with the subtleties of our Human body and its energy field, from the core to the aurora. Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars to know myself, 20 Feb 2012
A. M. Mcleod (uk) - See all my reviews
Jin Shin Jyutsu , effortless, real and effective. This book is a gem, easy to follow, easy to understand, one step at a time, no rush, no need to get to the end in a hurry, it's a journey that will unfold as you spend the time, improving your energy flow. Your understanding evolving and unfolding all in the right timing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 26 Sep 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars This worked for me..., 29 April 2010
An extremely interesting book. I've tried the methods and have even found practitioners in NZ and the UK that give treatments. Its working well so far for me. The book gives lots of simple exercises to do and if you choose to follow them then you may reap the rewards. Well worth a try especially if nothing else seems to work.

4.0 out of 5 stars touch of healing, 18 Nov 2009
Mrs. L. M. Carew (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
bought for the mother-in-law, who stated that it was more complex than she originally thought but an excellant read all the same

The Touch of Healing: Energizing the Body, Mind, and Spirit with Jin Shin