Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 March 1999
In seeking supplemental therapy for my infant son, I came across Jin Shin Jyutsu. This volume presents so much valuable info that it makes your head swim. Mary Burmeister is quoted in the book as saying " If you are confused, then you are beginning to understand." Simple finger holds and energy release points are shown. Many examples of uses for the therapy are included. My son has cerebral palsy and a seizure disorder. One of the signs of an approaching seizure is flushed cheeks. Both my wife and I applied a simple hold on his index finger, and the flushed color left his cheeks, and he avoided a seizure. If this is the only result from this book, it is worth 10 times the cost.
on 26 October 1998
I found Mary Burmeister's teachings of Jin Shin enlightening. The books can teach you easy pratical holds that you can do on yourself to reduce tension, stress and other problems. The simple holds I performed on myselft were so effective that I sought out a practisioner of Jin Shin who has been so effective in helping me with back pain from a long ago accident to the point I have been able to return to work
on 26 May 2009
This book is excellent, especially for a beginner. All the instructions are simple to understand and there are diagrams to illustrate the positions needed. There are also anecdotes which are very interesting. As a matter of interest, I originally wanted "Practical Jin Shin:" by the same authors after I had borrowed a copy from the local library, but this book was priced at £72, so I bought The Touch of Healing instead for £9.99 including postage, only to find that both books are identical!!!
on 11 July 2009
The book, first and foremost, is very easy to read, so much so that just reading it is relaxing. The easy to follow instructions guide you, step by step, towards the way of knowing oneself. Even my mother, at 75yrs, understood and enjoyed it and is now a devotee of Jin Shin Yutsu.
on 28 August 2009
Using the advice in this book has helped me shift lots of trapped emotions. It takes time to take effect but regular practice is worth it. The book is pretty readable and the breathing exercise helped my friend turn around her chronic health problem. The kind of information in this book would cost hundreds to get if you attended a course.
on 26 September 2011
This book is not for a novice! I wish I knew this before I bought it. I have studied and believe in the benefits of accupressure, and jin shin is a form of accupressure- but this book is so complicated and the instructions so unlear, that perhaps could be useful only to someone who has a good understanding of Jin Shin already.
on 29 April 2010
An extremely interesting book. I've tried the methods and have even found practitioners in NZ and the UK that give treatments. Its working well so far for me. The book gives lots of simple exercises to do and if you choose to follow them then you may reap the rewards. Well worth a try especially if nothing else seems to work.
on 20 February 2012
Jin Shin Jyutsu , effortless, real and effective. This book is a gem, easy to follow, easy to understand, one step at a time, no rush, no need to get to the end in a hurry, it's a journey that will unfold as you spend the time, improving your energy flow. Your understanding evolving and unfolding all in the right timing.
on 18 November 2009
bought for the mother-in-law, who stated that it was more complex than she originally thought but an excellant read all the same
on 1 February 2013
This book seems to be the first book that was published about the Japanese healing Art after Mary Burmeisters text 1 and 2. It is good book, however, not necessarily for a novice. A book I would highly recommend for anybody wanting to experience to most effective JSJ self-help flows without any prior knowledge, is the beautifully illustrated JSJ wellness guide "Wellness above the Clouds". This practical booklet features coloured photographs for each flow/mudra and shows the most important finger positions for everyday life as well as to overcome major health issues.Wellness Above the Clouds: The Unique Guide to Complete Harmony of Body, Mind and Spirit