5.0 out of 5 stars In-depth discussion about holistic methods of healing
Published on 14 Jun 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Edition is 1-star, Text Itself is 5-stars
Brennan's work is wonderful. I've had the dead-tree book for ten years and love it. No complaints at all about that. I recently bought the Kindle edition, though, and the transfer sucks. The text is OK, but the illustrations are next to useless. If you already have the paper version and know what the illustrations are supposed to look like but just want to have the text...
Published 18 months ago by Paul A

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars In-depth discussion about holistic methods of healing, 14 Jun 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Light Emerging: The Journey of Personal Healing (Paperback)
This book throughly describes health and sickness and how the human aura reflects them. It also contains discussions on the hara and the core star, the holographic view of life, creating the healer-physician team, the different stages of healing, and in-depth discussions on how to heal through the seven levels of the human energy field. I liked this book because it always describes a positive approach to healing, no matter what the sickness may be. I was amazed to learn how the same health problem can holographically show in different areas on your life, visible and otherwise; and how this very truth itself determines the different areas in which the patient, along with him/her healer-physician team, need to work on. She describes how the healing of a physical sickness can bring wellness on the psychological and spiritual sides of the self; the reverse can also happen (psychological and spiritual healing can enhance the physicial well-being). There simply was nothing I disliked from this book. The author has written another book, "Hands of Light", her first book on the human aura, and it describes the human aura deeper but left out other areas described in this book, such as the hara and the core star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best book on healing I've found!, 11 Aug 1999
By A Customer
I would say that this is the best book on healing I've found. This and Anodea Judith's "Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System As a Path to the Self" are the two books I'd start with for anyone interested in this topic. Best wishes for healing yourself and in this way, the world!

5.0 out of 5 stars Healing for the healer and those creating a healing plan, 24 Oct 1997
By A Customer
If you are a healer, or someone looking to create a personal healing plan for your life, this is a powerful book. This book helps tie together the emotional and mental with energy healing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and transforming, 19 Dec 2011
Luisa Agante (Portugal & Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought this book after a recommendation from a person living in the Findhorn foudation and and it took me a month to get the courage to start reading it (big book).
Circumstances led me to be ill and to have a full weekend when I was forced to stay at home and not speak until I could recover my strength and my voice, and this book was my healing tool during that weekend.
After starting to read it, it took me 3 days only to complete it and do the exercises that the book includes. Although I know that I should have devoted more time in between the exercises, I couldn't stop reading.
Barbara Brennan explains all aspects of the book in a very simple and profound way and the meditations are so powerful that we can follow them even in our house and in our sofa, without any special ambiance than silence.
The book also transformed my view of Life Purpose by confirming some ideas I had, which had no support yet and introducing new concepts and ideas that I resonated so deeply and which were real discovers to me.
Thank you BB for this enormous contribution to healing our souls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book in the Genre, 18 April 2000
By A Customer
With so many woolly books on the market, Light Emerging is a refreshingly clear and grounded book which sets out a new paradigm of healing based on energy dynamics.
Brennan is a Phd in physics who worked for NASA, a point that is apparent from the comprehensive and methodocal approach that she takes - clearly the mind of a scientist is at work.
If you are interested in transformative healing that can clear disease and change interpersonal (and transpersonal) relationships . . . then this is the only book you will ever need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide for self-healing and for believing it's possible, 15 Jan 2012
Mr. C. Napier-Kristiansson "Avengers-fan" (Scotland/Luxembourg) - See all my reviews
I have to say that while I have always been 'spiritual' to various degrees in my life, and believed that non-allopathic healing (i.e. conventional medicine) was possible, this book has helped me enormously in discovering, practising and guiding myself towards real and very active self-healing.

Light Emerging is written with great warmth and through the eyes of someone 'having been there' without a sense of preaching or superiority.

There is compassion but also important scientific research about what has been done over the milennia and now by man about healing and the Human Energy Field.

There is so much wonderful knowledge to be learned and although the study of healing looks at times very complex and high-brow with time, patience and openness this can be understood. Reading this book made me become so enthusiastic for more knowledge.

I think this is a truly wonderful written book and will compliment healers who study such other forms as reiki, etc.

May you find the healing you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts on a fascinating book, 3 Sep 2010
This book is sure to make you think about how our bodies heal and that there are viable alternatives to conventional treatments.I think in order to get the best from this book you need to have read 'Hands of Light'as this is the natural follow on .
It covers complex issues and theories which I find wholly fascinating but I am coming from a therapeutic view point- probably not a lay persons read - unless they have a very open mind .
I wholeheartedly recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Feb 2011
A good follow-up to hands of light. Initially I was expecting an overlap with the first book but this is a more in depth analysis of how energy healing affects the interactions of humans. I definitely recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillient., 24 May 2013
What Barbara does not know is almost worth knowing. This has helped me enhance my application of Reiki so much. It is truely an amazing book to read and learn from if you want to develop hands on healing or energy healing.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD READING, ALSO YOU GET TO UNDERSTAND ALL YOUR ..., 7 July 2014
GOOD READING ,ALSO YOU GET TO UNDERSTAND ALL YOUR PERSONAL ISSUES THAT YOU HAVE OR WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH, AS YOU GO ON YOUR OWN JOURNEY

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Light Emerging: The Journey of Personal Healing
Light Emerging: The Journey of Personal Healing by Barbara Ann Brennan (Paperback - 1 Jan 1994)
15.80