5.0 out of 5 stars This book triggered a revolution, 14 Jan 2003
C. A. Austin "chezza99" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
... in my head!
Like so many other - apparently functioning, but unhappy - adults, I could not have claimed to really know my self. As I worked through Mr Bradshaw's book, I uncovered layer after layer of downright abuse. Admittedly, I cried often: for the small child I had been, who didn't know what it meant to feel safe; for the teenager who believed strength is suffering and, finally, for the adult I'd become. Closed, cynical and afraid to trust, I had never understood why I felt scared or why I seemed cursed by a difficult life. It all became clear!
The joy of "Homecoming" is that it never wastes time on blame or regret. The book simply encourages you to understand yourself & how you became that way. Above all, it helps you to take a much kinder, more helpful approach to life - to understand and trust your self. Then, you can be happy.
I'm not lying to myself any more, and I'm not scared. Thanks, Mr Bradshaw!

5.0 out of 5 stars helpful book, 2 July 2009
J. Hall-wood "The Poet" (England) - See all my reviews
'Homecoming: by John Bradshaw. I would recommend this book to anyone who has been through the trauma of incest or child abuse in any form it has been very helpful to me, I was looking for a book that would help me to move forward on my healing journey, and this book was the one that has helped me to do that. thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will make you shine., 19 Nov 2000
This book solves the mystery of why so many people are such lost souls out in the world. If you suffer from a chronic disatifaction in life, a compulsion or addiction, a feeling of being you but not really knowing what being you really means then this is the book for you. Forget years of psychotherapy , RET or happy pills, John Bradshaw opens up the causes of such unhappiness to the lonely scared young child inside us who suffered at the hands of other hurt and lost souls who were unfortunately our parents. In his book he shows you how to guide the wounded child back to the love and warmth it deserved through a process of exercises and self hypnosis.
I read this book with constant tears in my eyes as my own hurt child inside me suddenly realized that after 30 years of being locked away in a dungeon called my past, a kind old wizard gave him a key.
Buy this book if you want to heal!

5.0 out of 5 stars I was Lost but now I am Found, 4 Oct 2000
By A Customer
I actually thought that there was something terrible wrong with me. I went for councelling, deliverance and everything that I thought could help to find ME. Little I knew that ME was the little girl that was lost from so long ago. The little hurting girl that was seeking to find herself. I am 37yrs and only now I am on a road to recovery . This book showed me how hurt and lost I was. Every person who really need to find YOU the one that was created with love should read this book. Thanks John for helping a hurting world.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 19 Sep 2008
Rick (London UK) - See all my reviews
This book is amazing. My Psychotherapist told me about this book. At first I was reluctant to believe that I had an 'inner child'. It sounded like one of those psychobabble things...another way to sell a book or an idea. My psychotherapist lent me the book which I read from cover to cover in the intervening week between sessions. After I had returned the book to her I immediately purchased the book and started doing the exercises. As the book suggests, the exercises should only be done if you are seeing a counsellor and with the permission of the counsellor. It is very important to heed this warning as this is powerful stuff. The meditations and exercises really get to the heart of your wounded inner child, and if done irresponsibly may be quite traumatic. Make sure you have a dictaphone, tape recorder or computer to record the meditations to. The first half of each meditation is the same so if you are using a computer, you only need to record that once and you can just record the 2nd half of the other meditataions and splice them together (if you are technically minded!!). I spent a Sunday recording all the meditations so they were ready to go. I could then choose which ones to do and when without the hassle of 'setting them up' first.

John Bradshaw is a TRUE HERO and should be recognised as such.

4.0 out of 5 stars home coming, 7 April 2012
FABULOUS book - if you are looking for material to help you understand why you think, feel and behave as you do as an adult, even when the behaviour is often self sabotaging, THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU! Offers great insight into our family of origin issues and how they shape us and our view of where we fit into the world. I loved this book as it was enlightening and amazingly easy to read and understand, it has been one of the best books on personal development I have read lately. This book will free you up to embrace the little hurt child living inside of you and will help you learn to let him/her come out to play!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book saved my life, I AMness has been born today., 28 Jun 1999
By A Customer
For 43 years years I struggled with myself. For 10 years I thought I knew who I was. For the past week I wanted to die. John Bradshaw's book - Homecoming has today changed my life and I know tomorrow will continue to change my life, and so on for the rest of my life. If I, at 43 can die today and be reborn after all the pain I encountered and perceived at birth, then you must find help in this book. In 3 days of reading and a very desperate child within me, this book has saved me. Never give up hope. Your inner child is always there loving you.
If this doesn't make sense, read it anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars So insightful, a must read for the wounded inner child, 3 Nov 2009
So insightful, full of pearls of wisdom. A must read for those who have been wounded as children and come from disfynctional backgrounds. Helpful for me because I am an adoptee and was not affirmed nor felt validated as a child in my adopted family.

Anyone who was not loved unconditionally as a child, and that's most of us should read. Anyone who fears abandonment but also fears engulfment should read. Anyone who's infancy needs were not met, leaving them with feelings of shame, and a feeling deep down that something is wrong with them should read. Anyone seeking to heal the wounded inner child should read.

5.0 out of 5 stars an inspiration, 13 July 2009
John Bradshaw is an inspiration. Each one of his best selling books builds on the previous one, and he takes us in an apparently light and straightforward manner deeper and deeper into our recovery. recovery is hard work, and by sharing his stuff so honestly , he makes the journey that we all need to take , safe and real and leads us into the light. His books are great and i find i can go back to them and go deeper each time. claire hershman

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough going but worth it., 2 April 2011
This review is from: Homecoming: Reclaiming and Championing Your Inner Child (Paperback)
This book is not easy to work through, but I have found it to be very useful. It may be best done with the help of a professional counsellor. It is tough going so be prepared.

Homecoming: Reclaiming and Championing Your Inner Child
Homecoming: Reclaiming and Championing Your Inner Child by John Bradshaw (Paperback - 1 July 1992)
Used & New from: £0.01