5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant!
Published on 15 Sept. 2006 by Johnson Fan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book until the characters are on different continents
Published on 3 Dec. 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book until the characters are on different continents, 3 Dec. 1998
This review is from: Silver Flame (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was the first I've read by Susan Johnson, and I was enraptured for the first 3/4 of the book. Then inexplicably (okay, it was explained in the book but not to my satisfaction) our heroine travels to France (from Montana!), where she remains separated from our hero for about a year. Obviously, little romance can occur when the people involved are living on separate continents! This book was headed for 5 stars, but gets only 3 due to this plot contrivance (and others that I won't mention because they'll spoil it).

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant!, 15 Sept. 2006
Johnson Fan (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silver Flame (Mass Market Paperback)
I cannot tell you how much I loved this book, its completely wonderful! I've read all of Susan Johnson's books and this is one of her best. Its the sequel to 'Blaze' and its about Jon Hazard Black's son - what more could you want?. Trey is just like Hazard only slightly more spoilt but that isn't to say he's not lovely because he is - and then some! He's bold, beautiful and full of emotion... and he loves only Empress. The plot is great, full of twists and turns, and there's lots of hot and steamy sex. Its also great to see Blaze and Hazard again in this book ( they're also in 'Forbidden', the third book in the series, along with Trey and Empress) because they love each other so much. This book is a real keeper. I've read it over and over and will continue to do so! Buy it now...

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining but unbelievable, 1 July 2007
This review is from: Silver Flame (Mass Market Paperback)
Another well written SJ novel. The plot was rather unbelievable though. The heroine is living a ragged existence with her siblings on a dirt-poor farm in the US. To raise money she decides to auction herself in a brothel. The millionaire hero buys her. Just as they have fallen in love and agreed to marry, he is blackmailed into marrying another. The heroine flees to France where she regains her title and becomes a wealthy countess in her own right. The hero gets divorced but initially refuses to follow Empress to France as he's furious with her for leaving him.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!!, 14 Jun. 2004
This review is from: Silver Flame (Mass Market Paperback)
This is another GREAT book by Susan Johnson. I like to read stories about the heroine having the heros babies and this book delivers everything from the beginning to the end! Even if they were living in different continents, it wasn't bad at all. Because they were in each others arms soon enough. it was a GREAT book.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, 15 Jan. 1998
This review is from: Silver Flame (Mass Market Paperback)
My first Susan Johnson book was Blaze, I was captured and couldn't put the book down. SJ is my favorite author! She makes you laugh, cry and feel warm all over. Since then I have bought 10 more of her book, she is truely amazing. The cover of Silver Flame captured my eye and when I read the back cover and found out it was the sequel to Blaze I bought it instantly!!! I recommend this book to everyone!! A++++

Silver Flame
Silver Flame by Susan Johnson (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Oct. 1998)