5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Book

2.0 out of 5 stars Ravaged by Amanda Quick
Published on 30 July 2010 by ebonysoxy

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Book, 20 Aug. 2003
Mrs. M. Stuart "CeriseQueen" (Darlington, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ravished (Paperback)
i love this book - I love that harriet's not pretty and Gideon's not handsome, I love that harriet's a practical sraightford soul while Gideon's the tortured reclusive romantic one. Whilst studying a cave looking for fossils Harriet discovers "Ill gotten gains, Loot, Booty" she immedietly summons the local landowner to deal with it, Gideon unused to such a summons falls pray to curiosity and arrives, in the course of investigations Harriet and gideon become trapped in the cave overnight by the tide, thus becomming compromised. And so begins the Taming of the Beast(Gideon obviously, not Harriet). This book is witty totally engaging and by far one of Amanda's better offering's, my copy is now ragged and missing it's front cover through repeated readings

5.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite, 8 April 2003
Mrs. M. Stuart "CeriseQueen" (Darlington, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ravished (Mass Market Paperback)
When I first got this book I read it straight through three times in a row, and by now I must have read it at least 20 times and and its like a an old friend, even though I know whats going to happen it still seems fresh when I read it again...which can only be a credit to Miss Quicks writing...Gideon makes a very good tortured hero, and I like the fact that he not a handsome adonis like I like the fact that Harriet's.. well plain..Read this one it's a great way to spend a rainy day...

5.0 out of 5 stars Ravished, 30 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Ravished (Mass Market Paperback)
What can I say? I love this book. Great story, suitably comical and rather endearing. I love the heroine, she is my favourite Quick heroine; not terribly different from other Quick heroines but I love her relationship with the hero. Although I am a born-romantic and terribly bias about romance novels in general; I do recommend this one particularly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!, 2 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Ravished (Mass Market Paperback)
It was pure chance I stumbled over this book and WOW I love it! I have read it over and over and it will be an old favorite for a long time.

Flawed and not so perfect main characters who just capture your heart. A very good plot and an excelent ending! I cannot reccomend this book enough!

Love love love loved it!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Ravaged by Amanda Quick, 30 July 2010
This review is from: Ravished (Mass Market Paperback)
I was bitterly disappointed by this book. It was supposedly set in the Regency era but the speech used bore no resemblance whatsoever to the language they would have used in this period. If you are after a 'lusty' book then this is for you. If, however you want a book which is true to the Regency period, then don't buy this! It is clearly a modern love story! I can only assume the author did LITTLE research for this book! Anyone with any knowledge of this period will be incensed by it! The more I read, the more angry I became! I can't even excuse her on the fact that she is American because there are endless books and the internet with vast amounts of information out there! Grrr!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Ravished (Kindle Edition)
Really good beauty and the beast romance. Delightful heroine and worthy hero with great dialect between the two. Would recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!!, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Ravished (Mass Market Paperback)
I absolutely LOVE this book!! Engaging characters, intriguing plot and fabulously written- what more could you want. I recommend highly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, engrossing, 10 Dec. 2007
An excellent book! Lovely main characters. Witty dialouges
5 stars all the way. The book never loses momentum...

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read!, 2 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Ravished (Kindle Edition)
As expected from Amanda , a great read !

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Sept. 2014
Very good

Ravished
Ravished by Amanda Quick (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Jun. 1992)