Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 July 2000
Out on a Limb is a book about Shirley MacLaine's own experiences on spirituality in this life, which in the beginning I thought was just a novel written by a celebrity. To my surprise, it was more than that. The path she's taken to discover the unknown (while also leading a normal life like you and me), embraces you, and before you know, her down to earth style makes you feel like you're actually having a conversation with her. When you realise that it's about to end, you'll find yourself not ready to part with it. Out on a Limb leaves you with a feeling of happiness and a great hope about humanity and after life. You'll become addicted to MacLaine...
When you are looking for another direction in life, this is a book that will guide you through your inner self as well as show you that people in all walks of life experience a desire to question their existence? and the true purpose of our life! It will change your whole way of thinking about ones own existence as well as the bigger plan the great one has for us all.. truely a great experience and a must for the soul searcher.
on 1 July 2012
This wonderful book was released a mere thirty years ago, but it's as
interesting nowadays as it was then.

Shirley MacLaine took her movie career to a risk when she published
this personal biographic book about her growing spirituality. Included
are her experiences with re-incarnation, channelling and encounters
with a variety of intriguing and path waving personalities.

I read through this book while on holiday in Marocco (1989) in just three
days (nights really) and it changed my life completely. Since then I
made my experiences with my own former incarnations, became a Reiki
master/teacher and learned how to channel. Along the line I wrote a
thank-you letter to Shirley and received an encouraging answer.

To advise people on how to find their own kind of spirituality is
always difficult, as this is such an individual process. But I can
full-heartedly recommend this book any time. After reading it you
can always decide for yourself if you leave it or take it.

In that order. Good Luck!
on 17 May 2001
A book I have read time and time again. As a teenager it gave me direction a positive outlook on life and for me it was the first time someone had said OK life isnt always that great but you pick yourself up focus and you'll get through it just fine. But Shirley does not preach she tells you her story and she seems to hope that this can help others find direction and understanding as she has. We are here for a reason and from what I've read I think its a good one.
on 10 June 2009
I really was enthralled with this book and truly could not put it down and as always happens with a good book I was upset when it finished. I found this book helpful in my searchings for what exactly we are all about and who is in charge. I feel as if Shirley is now a friend, she is so easy to read.
on 24 March 2013
makes a lot of sense and has moved me to read other books on reincarnation and life after death. Everyone should read this publication even if they do not believe. It gives a lot of food for thought.
on 9 December 2013
I just finished reading this book and I have to say that I loved every written word.

Shirley Maclaine's style of writing is totally engaging and she has you completely spellbound. I could relate to a lot of what she wrote here from her far flung travels to her spiritual enlightenment. A truly fascinating woman.

I especially loved the story about what Peter Sellers imparted to her in one of their many conversations in their actors trailer on set and her OBE in Peru. Priceless..

When you get an individual of this calibre and acclaim poke their head so high about the parapet on such subjects as spirituality, you have to applaud it.

Great Job (as the americans say) Ms Maclaine!!! You would be a very enteraining guest at anyones dinner party.

Can't wait to read some of her other books!
on 29 September 2015
I first read Out on a Limb in 1985 in Mexico City just after the tremendous earthquake there. Then again when living in Peru where I followed Shirley's described journey. Her writing syle is empowering and all absorbing. A great read and enjoyable journey shared
on 12 August 2011
As Oprah put it this took "God" out of the box for her and I could see why, it was unputdownable and I learned so much from reading it, it definitely opened my mind!!
on 6 February 2014
No fear, Shitley.MacLaine is amazing, western society need to catch up or possible slow down but probably both, this is a wake up call, don't ignore her.