5.0 out of 5 stars No wonder I was a nervous child., 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Horror of High Ridge (Choose Your Own Adventure) (Mass Market Paperback)
This was one of the few books I could be bothered to read as a child. I remembered this book held gory fascination for me and any other child who read it. Wondered if I would still get a copy of this memorable book, and yes I could! But this is not surprising when a little research reveals that about 250 million of these Choose Your Own Adventure books were sold.The glory days of the Choose Your Own Adventure may be over but this still is a great read and I still haven't been able to get through it 'alive'.

Regarding the 250 million sales - if you took the sales for Hunger Games series and a certain dove coloured modern day 'ahem' adventure series put together and doubled those sales you'd have about 280 million sales.

It would be fun to have some new Choose Your Own Adventure books on Kindle, the attempts at this genre on Kindle are so far so not great. Meantime we overgrown children of the 80s can always revisit some of these old paperbacks. I recall that Indiana Jones was always needing a streetwise sidekick in the Choose Your Own Adventure universe, who knows, maybe I'll step on fortune cookie.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best 'Choose Your Own Adventure' book in the series., 24 Jun 2013
I love this one. I remember having it as a kid and reading it and rereading it. Now I'm an adult I bought it on a whim to revisit my earlier favourite Choose Your Own... and it didn't disappoint. :D

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe I found this, 22 Feb 2012
I owned this and a few of the others of these in the series as a child in the 1980s. I think you got them free or could send off for them with Kelloggs cornflakes but can't remember! This one stands out in my memory because it was so scary! Full of ghosts and death! I don't think I ever managed to survive though, I think I always died in the end. I loved these books!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality - a trip down memory lane!, 1 Nov 2011
Mrs. Lisa Johnson "jollyoak" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
I owned this book as a child, and was delighted to find it here - good quality book and fast dispatch.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 10 Sep 2014
I read this before when i was a kid it was one of my favourite choose your own adventure books.
I brought this novel as a used copy and it was a really good quality and it was delivered within the
estimated date as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Synopsis, 13 May 2009
You and your friends are spending the summer in a cabin in High Ridge. And old legend says that ghosts lurk everywhere and murder unsuspecting victims. You don't believe it - until an arrow bursts through the window, thuds into the wall - and disappears. No. 27 in the series

The Horror of High Ridge (Choose Your Own Adventure)
The Horror of High Ridge (Choose Your Own Adventure) by Julius Goodman (Mass Market Paperback - 31 Dec 1985)
Used & New from: £0.01