5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite books...
I just love Anne of Ingleside! Anne is now living in a new house - Ingleside - with six children, and a 'faithful old handmaiden', Susan Baker. Susan is an old maid, and is a little cold to Cornelia Bryant sometimes, who was an old maid because she had been born with a hatred of man-kind, and then married without any trouble at all!

At the beginning Gilbert's...
Published on 11 Aug 2002 by victoriarosearmstrong

2.0 out of 5 stars An unfortunate choice
We should not have chosen this edition. The print is not large enough for my daughter who has reading difficulties.
Published 3 months ago by Jane Perrett

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite books..., 11 Aug 2002

At the beginning Gilbert's 'Aunt Mary Maria' comes to stay and rather upsets life at Ingleside for a while. I quite like her, actually, although she is so horrid to everybody. She's a kill - joy, but interesting, one of L. M. Mongomery's best characters! When she goes though, things go back to normal, happy life.
There are a number of interesting and exciting incidents in the rest of the book, but there wasn't very much on Anne herself. The story focused more on her children, and you can tell Anne is getting a bit old - although she acts as delightfully young and Anne-ish as she ever did, which is good. I'd hate her to change into any ordinary old lady. Actually, I'm not sure how old, the book doesn't say, but I think around 40, or thirty-seven. I wish there had been more on Anne though, because clever and lovable as her children are, none are quite, well, Anne!
Susan Baker, too, makes the book great, she is humourous, without meaning to be. She's so devoted to the Ingleside children - especially Shirley, her 'little brown boy'. Also, one can make her like you and always stick up for you by simply complimenting her on her cooking or asking for a recipe!
Yes, Anne of Ingleside is amazing, and all the other 'Anne books', I really recommend it, it is very enjoyable!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite books..., 11 Aug 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book - by Florence Heap,age 9, 12 May 2007
M. Heap "flo aged 9" (uk) - See all my reviews
This book tells a funny and charming story of a perfect family.Anne's got

6 children and they all have thier own little adventures.From spending the

night with a terrifying and rough family to being told that you're not

actually you, all the adventures are exciting and funny.Anne can understad

all these little things and can help,but she does have some problems of her

own to deal with too.I loved this book greatly and I'm sure that all 9 to

11 year olds would enjoy this book as I have done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne's children are just as adventurous as she is., 13 Dec 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Anne of Ingleside (A Bantam classic) (Mass Market Paperback)
I love Anne of Ingleside! Some people don't like hearing about her children, but I do. I love the way that she can help her children:from her son Walter thinking she is dying, to her daughter Nan making deals with God. I love this book inside and out and it is one you can't pass up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne, 19 Feb 2014
L.Montgomery books of Anne are very inspiring, buoyant and full of vim! I can read them over and over again.

2.0 out of 5 stars An unfortunate choice, 30 Dec 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad book at all, 19 Sep 2013
Eolake "eolake (.com)" (Lancashire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is one of the least popular of the end of Green Gables series, I think. And one can see why. It's a bit loose doesn't have much of a plot. But don't avoid it if you like Montgomery's books. It still written by Montgomery it's still a sweet and funny, it's still worthwhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely series and so sad to have reached the end., 28 Dec 2012
I think this is the last book of the Ann of Green Gables series. I understand she actually wrote nine books and I would love to find the others on eBooks.
This book deals with Ann's growing family, and I did think that it might be rather dull, however I needn't have worried, on the whole it bowls along at great pace, although there are times when it becomes a little repetitive. I was very sad when it came to an end.

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 24 Jun 2012
Always wanted to read the whole set and never got chance - had a great holiday and caught up with some favourite stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Good As Usual, 14 Nov 2009
Mrs. L. E. M. Marsden "FriendlyLynn" (Westhoughton, UK) - See all my reviews
Anne of Ingleside (A Bantam classic)

One of the better books in this series where we see the family growing up and how each of them grows as well as Anne.

ARRAY(0xa961012c)

Anne of Ingleside (A Bantam classic)
Anne of Ingleside (A Bantam classic) by L. M. Montgomery (Mass Market Paperback - 31 Dec 1981)
3.58