5.0 out of 5 stars This eating plan really works
If you can get over the breathless, cheesy, evangelical style of this book, and just try the eating plan -you'll be amazed. It really works. In just 3 weeks I have lost 14 pounds, whilst enjoying every meal, and even going to several dinner parties. Most miraculous of all - I have had no cravings and have been able to resist all temptations. On this plan you need never...
Published on 6 Oct 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Very outdated
Although this book was an enjoyable read, I personally don't believe in a lot of it as it comes across as outdated pseudo science to me, the whole idea of food combining is what this book is based on and I personally have tried it and found it made no difference. I did lose weight following this plan though so if that's all you want then maybe you can find some value in...
Published 15 months ago by M. Spruce

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and really good tips for anyone wishing to change their eating lifestyle, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
Excellent and really good tips for anyone wishing to change their eating lifestyle. Easy to understand and definitely doable. I've tried it and still doing it. Lost over a stone in a 5 weeks and feel really more energised and strong. Excellent for my weight to power ratio as a regular cyclist and racer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
A very good book, It makes you think about all the junk we put into our bodies! Well worth a read...

5.0 out of 5 stars Book to have, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
My 6th copy. Never returned then borrowed - it is that good. Changes your understanding about nutrition forever. Very recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality comments, 8 Dec 2013
D. Valdes (Venezuela) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
I bought the book because I was looking for advices on how to eat better. What I found was a very biased writter, who is vegetarian thus all suggestions were focus on that group or fruits (which I am not against at all, I love them, but I know humans need more than fruits and veg). Considering he is a doctor, his comments are not supported by scientific facts/studies. I was missing strong foundations on his estatements.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!!, 23 Oct 2014
This review is from: Fit For Life (Kindle Edition)
I chose to give this book a 4 star review because it covers a lot of information about changing your health for the better and provides all the necessary steps to achieve freedom!

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend supplier, 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
Great book, arrive promptly as described, would recommend supplier to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book review, 2 April 2011
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
Bought this for my sister as she had mentioned it. I have now read it, and it really opened my eyes. Good reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 27 Aug 2007
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
This is a superb book. Marilyn and Harvey Diamond have taught us how life can become so much healthier and full of vibrant energy.

by Simon Jordan of [...]

3.0 out of 5 stars Fit for Life?, 22 Sep 2010
J. Evers (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
Some topics in the book really make sense, it makes you think about what you eat.

2 things that bothered me while reading the book:

Quote: ...food consists of atoms and molecules. Some enzymes are attracted to certain atoms and molecules, and to break down these atoms and molecules....

do I need to continue? Since we are not all human nuclear power sources, we cannot break down atoms. Or influence atoms, or glow green in the dark. This made me doubt some of the other, pseudo science in the book.

Quote: ...this is not a diet. You can eat whatever you want, when you want... bla bla.... this is not a diet... repeat 20 times.

It then goes on to tell that 70% of your food intake should be fresh fruit, don't eat meat and other proteins together, no coffee, no soft drinks, no processed food etc etc. Sounds like a diet to me. A healthy good one, but still a diet.

It sounds like I am nitpicking here, sorry for that, but sometimes the book (or the author) takes it/himself too serious, too self promoting. I have seen this in more american books, let the content speak for itself, not invent science, over abbundant name dropping, or get lost in semantics (diet, not a diet) to pre-empt criticism?

1.0 out of 5 stars Pseudo-Scientific Claptrap, 11 May 2006
Simon Lewis "Simon." (Stubbington, Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
I am amazed by how many people have been taken in by this pseudo-scientific quackery. The diet is to be applauded for encourgaing increased consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables, and perhaps for suggesting comparatively low calorie meal options. However, even to the layman, some of the claims the authors make and the scientifc basis for the diet should ring alarm bells. 10 minutes research on the internet soon reveals articles from various credible sources that challenge the "fit for life" approach.

Before you buy this book check out what the qualified nutrionists and medical professionals have to say about it.

My advice is eat more fruit and veg, drink less caffeine and alcohol, reduce the size of your meals and exercise regularly.

Fit for Life
Fit for Life by Marilyn Diamond (Mass Market Paperback - 3 April 1987)
Used & New from: £0.01