5.0 out of 5 stars This eating plan really works
If you can get over the breathless, cheesy, evangelical style of this book, and just try the eating plan -you'll be amazed. It really works. In just 3 weeks I have lost 14 pounds, whilst enjoying every meal, and even going to several dinner parties. Most miraculous of all - I have had no cravings and have been able to resist all temptations. On this plan you need never...
Published on 6 Oct 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Very outdated
Although this book was an enjoyable read, I personally don't believe in a lot of it as it comes across as outdated pseudo science to me, the whole idea of food combining is what this book is based on and I personally have tried it and found it made no difference. I did lose weight following this plan though so if that's all you want then maybe you can find some value in...
Published 14 months ago by M. Spruce

5.0 out of 5 stars Try it for yourself...I dare you..., 4 July 2012
Hello hello :)
firstly,you are reading this review,means you are ready to make a lifestyle change,just as I was.
This is a great book,life changing as long as you start putting it into practise.Thing is,you might have tried loads of ''diets''and failed...this book will help you understand why those diets failed you,you are seeking a better way to eat,there's a reason for that,you havn't quite found the answer yet.I could rave on about how great this book is,well,the content,but the thing is you can't really go by my say so,it costs hardley any money to order this book,take a look,put a couple of principles into practise,see if it works,have some fun with it.
For me,there's no other way to eat than this,my family also enjoy it too.I never feel lack,I love every meal.I have husge energy,look amazingly young for my age,and I am just at the beginning.I was following fit for life for my recovery of bells palsy.I fully recovered,then a couple of months ago I decided to try different ways of eating,I had forgottoen just how this book had served me,my family and my friends,took it for granted I guess.So relieved to be living the principles again,its brilliant brilliant and brilliant.
try it for a month..I dare you...double dare you...triple dare you ...hehehehe :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit ofr Life for sure, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
Replacing an old delapitated copy and new version is just as good. If you onlyever buy one book buy this one. It is definitly the one that helps you understand how the human body does actually work and why we should pay attention to the processes it carries out in order to have a healthy life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Felt great, 24 April 2013
Ms Momsen (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
I'm not sure how scientific this program is but having followed it, I feel great so that must count for something. The principles are easy to follow and make sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for Life Review, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
Really good book. Very informative. You don't need to follow it word for word, and it still works. The basic principals are the basis of easy and a healthy lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 5 Nov 2012
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
We are absolutely amazed with the "Fit for Life" program, shame it took so long to find it. The price was great on the book and it came within the stated timeframe so great experience. AND THE BOOK SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit For Life, 1 May 2011
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
Valuable book about healthy eating that can be dipped into later. Suitable for a searcher who is seriously looking for a way to raise energy levels, and/or lose weight without being hungry. It opens a new world!

5.0 out of 5 stars refreshing change of lifestyle, 27 Oct 2010
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
Finally a "diet" book that does not feel like a diet. It is a change of lifestyle, and makes total sense. I followed this plan religiously for a month and never felt better! I didn't use it as a weight loss plan but as a way of feeling healthier and taking care of my digestive system. I now follow it as much as possible, i highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book - whatever books you have on nutrition don't ignore this one, 29 April 2014
J. A. Bailey (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
A very basic book which explains concepts really clearly. I wasn't so keen on the recipes section, but the general guidelines of when to eat, what to eat and how long to leave between meals really helped me understand why I so often woke with headaches and nausea, allowing me to almost cure that - it is all to do with food not being able to digest properly because of bad combinations which lead to the fermentation of carbohydrates and the putrefaction of protein. It also explains the importance of keeping an alkaline balance of foods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good health in a book!, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
This was so the right choice for me to make. My digestive system, and how food can either make or break my skin, mood and energy levels throughout the day, has always been a mystery to me. That is, until I found this book.

Did you know your digestive system goes through three main cycles a day? I didn't! It turns out I was eating too late in the day, and starting off with foods that were too heavy for that cycle, which meant I was stressing my system out and making it do things at a time when it should have been doing something else.

Now that I'm following the natural cycle of my system I'm seeing a big improvement in my PMSD (hormones - yuck!), my skin, weight, vitality, and energy. I feel more positive and in control of food, and when I eat.

Thanks to this book, I know to begin my day with melon, then lots of fruit and veggies up until noon when my system begins the next cycle. When I do this, my body enjoys a natural cycle and I never suffer with constipation! If I don't follow it (and I didn't for a few days because of an extended family celebration), it hits me like a ton of bricks - I feel sluggish, constipated, moody, and tearful.

Life is too short for that!

If you want to understand how food and eating times can enhance your body's cycle, buy this book. You can get a used copy for next to nothing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Book- Fit for life, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fit For Life (Paperback)
Its a good book...in the middle of so im still getting into the book deeper and deeper but otherwise im happy. :)

Fit for Life
Fit for Life by Marilyn Diamond (Mass Market Paperback - 3 April 1987)
Used & New from: £0.01