5.0 out of 5 stars Becky is at it again and funnier than ever!
Becky Bloomwood is off to Manhattan, and if you liked 'CONFESSIONS' I promise you will not be disappointed by this second installment!
Published on 16 Oct. 2005 by DevJohn01

3.0 out of 5 stars same
i think this is the american name for the same book 'shopaholic abroad'
Published on 5 Jan. 2004 by zara

5.0 out of 5 stars Becky is at it again and funnier than ever!, 16 Oct. 2005
DevJohn01 (Somerset, NJ) - See all my reviews
When her boyfriend Luke has to travel to New York City where his firm is opening a new office for a few weeks Becky is ecstatic that he has offered to take her along. There relationship had been going great and this is another step forward. Not to mention all of the great shopping opportunities in the big city...Barney's, Saks, sample sales...even the museums have stores! Since according to Becky the money you spend overseas really doesn't count she feels free to go crazy, and in her usual fashion, she does. But when Luke gets wind of her excessive spending their relationship becomes in serious jeopardy.
'SHOPAHOLIC TAKES MANHATTAN' is another riotously funny book in the 'SHOPAHOLIC' series. Be careful where you read this one because you will be laughing out loud for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book, 21 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Shopaholic Abroad (Paperback)
After being recommended the 'Shopaholic' series by my sister I bought all four books. I have just finished 'Shopaholic Abroad' and absolutely loved it! I enjoyed 'Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic' but found it took a while to get into (though was worth it) but this book just jumps into Becky's madness straight away and by chapter one I was hooked. I just couldn't put it down and finished it in one day!
At times you really want to scream at Becky to stop shopping but you find yourself rooting for her nonetheless! And the part at the wedding made me squirm in my seat in sympathy for her as well as laugh out loud.
The book has some really great twists and turns and the ending was great. So many books are let down by the ending but this book does not dissapoint and made me want start 'Shopaholic ties the knot' straight away.
I would definately recommend these books, but if you buy them all in one go like I did, I wouldnt read the blurbs on the back before you start reading the first one as it give's a little bit away.

3.0 out of 5 stars same, 5 Jan. 2004
i think this is the american name for the same book 'shopaholic abroad'

5.0 out of 5 stars Relates to everyone who lives to shop, 8 Oct. 2001
This review is from: Shopaholic Abroad (Paperback)
A much awaited sequel to Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic to which most women relate to! I loved this book from the minute I picked it up and almost felt it was written about me. Everyone dreams of shopping in New York so when it becomes reality Rebecca Bloomwood does what every normal shopaholic does - she takes it to the extreme, dollars are not real money so with that thought in mind she takes to the streets to sight see what most women would find interesting, Shops! Any shop will do ! what could possibly go wrong? New York was made for her and the constant humour throughout the book is reality. When things do go wrong, sorting out her life is cringingly funny and many people will relate to the feelings, I know I did! From start to finish I laughed, didn't want to put it down and really wanted to be there shopping with her! Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic is a must for anyone who hasn't already read it as they both leave you wanting to read more. Lisa Jewell writes in a similar style and Thirtynothing is another book to relate to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, I laughed out loud!, 12 Sept. 2001
This review is from: Shopaholic Abroad (Paperback)
Shopaholic Abroad is the continuing sagas of Rebecca Bloomwood, financial journalist turned accidental TV star, who travels to New York. It is hilarious and made me laugh out loud! I would recommend reading "The Secret Dreamword of a Shopaholic" first, as there are a lot of references to characters and events that happened in the first book, which adds to the comedy. This book would definately appeal to anyone who loves to shop no matter how big their overdraft! The events that surround the main character, Rebecca, are bordering on slapstick and the book is an easy, enjoyable read. As a thirtysomething professional female, there was a lot I could relate to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shopaholic abroad, 25 Feb. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Shopaholic Abroad (Paperback)
I first discoverd the Shopaholic books this summer, when i read another book by author Sophie Kinsella (Can you keep a secret). I was instantly hooked from the first page of 'The secret dreamworld of a shopaholic', and since then i have become Miss Rebecca Bloomwoods No.1 fan!
I didn't think the books could get any better, but when i picked up 'shopaholic abroad' i realised that Sophie Kinsella was back on form, with yet more laugh out loud, cringeworthy moments.
I love the way 'Bex' seems to justify spending an obscene amount of money on the most pointless of things - the fencing sword/outfit(this still makes me chuckle), or spending over £100 in a morning, before work.
One of the best 'Bex' moments was in the convent, in 'shopaholic abroad'. I stil cringe thinking about the outfit, she was wearing and when she doesn't take the hint from the nun.
I throughly enjoyed reading this offering and was not disapointed. Rebecca Bloomwood is a witty, down to earth, slghtly lost in her own world, but still just as loveable as she was in the first book.
I would recomend this to *everyone*, it lends some light releif to an otherwise stressful life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely captivating and funny. Credit Card Crazzzzzyyyyy!, 22 Nov. 2001
mandie.h@tinyworld.co.uk (South Wales, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shopaholic Abroad (Paperback)
This book is a must. I was so captivated by the story I couldn't stop reading. I nearly lost control myself, I was so tempted to book a flight to New York and its splendid shops on my own credit card. Bex is a shopaholic who is not as reformed as she thinks she is. Not only has she left the U.K for the U.S.A., but she's also left a few bills, a steady job and all her family and friends. Bex cannot resist the designer shops and mega sales. She has a chance to be a TV star on American TV too. Then there's Luke her boyfriend who puts his business first! How many new outfits and gifts can Becky squeeze into the wardrobe in her Hotel suite without Luke noticing?Can she fit in and cut it as a TV star? Read the book to find out. Even better than the first novel Shopaholic. P.S. Don't even mention a wedding!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, compulsive reading..........you 'need' this book!, 5 Sept. 2001
This review is from: Shopaholic Abroad (Paperback)
I was rather apprehensive starting this book, as her first book, 'The secrect dreamworld of a shopaholic' was so good I thought this may be a let down. However, I was not disappointed this book is very, very funny full of spot on observations and witty one liners which kept me laughing until the last page. The story centres around Bex,(the shopaholic from her first novel)who has now turned over a new leaf and will not be tempted into the shops. Not until she sees those gorgeous tangerine shoes which she realy 'needs', oh and when she goes to New York with her beau and discovers sample sales, and those hand made cards, which always come in handy........ This book is a must for every shopaholic or anyone who enjoys shopping, you will relate to the endless temptations Bex succumbs to, and the 'erm.. bank statements.

4.0 out of 5 stars much better, 18 Aug. 2007
S. Firth (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shopaholic Abroad (Paperback)
I definately agree with Faith from Finland. I was not so keen on Becky in the first book, but she has grown on me this time. She still annoys me sometimes, and when she went crazy shopping in New York I wanted to scream at her. But I did much prefer this to the The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic.

I have always dreamed of going to New York so this book was definately great for that. Again, the funny letters from the bank and various places are dotted throught the book. And Becky gets a new bank manager who I could quite happily punch. Although I can see why he gets annoyed with her.

I found myself rooting for Becky this time, especially when toxic Alicia was around! And we've also moved away from boring finance talk, so my attention was 100%. And the scene in the spa was hilarious when the beautician wanted to give Becky a Brazillian, and then put litle crystals there. I laughed a lot at that! I could imagine the horror on Becky's face. So there was a lot more laugh out loud moments in this book. It's much better than the first one. I'm now off to read Shopaholic Ties The Knot. I definately recommend this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable enough but....., 10 Sept. 2001
This review is from: Shopaholic Abroad (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed the first novel by Kinsella but although this was fairly amusing, Shopaholic Abroad did get a little tedious during the middle section, since the formats of the two novels are fairly similar. That's not to say I wouldn't reccommend it - the book is much better than some others I have read and did pass several entertaining hours. Read it if you read the first one but don't hvae expectations that are too great!

Shopaholic Abroad
Shopaholic Abroad by Sophie Kinsella (Paperback - 3 Sept. 2001)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available