4.0 out of 5 stars Not a perfect, but an appropriate, conclusion, 10 May 2000
By A Customer
I've just finished this after reading all 6 books in sequence with no breaks in between! I became fascinated by the lives of Mouse & Co and felt as if I was in a soap opera!...
It was interesting watching characters change, develop, meet people, dump them, grow up (or not), 'find themselves' as it were - much as in real life. I'm not sure what more could be done with the characters or the plot so perhaps it was fitting that it ended where it did. Nice to see almost all the original characters back in the conclusion, in one form or another!
On the whole, a brilliant series if a little too coincidental (but we have to suspend disbelief don't we - think Shakespeare?) I preferred the earlier '70s ones personally, but times change, as do we all, and life goes on.
I'll read them again!

4.0 out of 5 stars The final installment!, 18 Nov. 1998
By A Customer
This is the sixth and final book in the Tales from... series. The characters have grown up a little, had some dreams shattered and move on to make their own next chunck of reality. In doing so they each take some relationships with them and leave some behind. As the readers who have loved them all in their own way, you want them to stay together forever and prolong the life of the world you have lived in. Change is hard, but nothing that is living stands still, it must move on.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED this series!, 26 April 2010
Mrs. S. Payne (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sure of You: Tales of the City Series, Vol.6 (Paperback)
I agree with other reviews that having read through all the novels in the series, it depresses me to see that the characters are moving away from each other, breaking what was one, big happy family. The characters become part of your life and it's the end of an era!
This last book is just like the others, hilariously funny and outrageously sad within the same sentence. I have never laughed or cried so much during a series.
A fantastic series that I cannot recommend enough. A bittersweet ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 8 Oct. 2010
Of course, you have to read the five books leading up to this one - but wow! The characters really do come alive and find a way to live inside your head... it has been so well written that the words become pictures and the story-line really is 'watched' as a soap-opera but beware! - real time disolves when reading these books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a Soap Opera, 26 Aug. 2013
TJ (Warminster, Wilts UK) - See all my reviews
I love this series of books, and like how all the characters interweave with one another. I think some of the coincidences are a bit far fetched at times but nonetheless find them an enjoyable read. There's some lovely little morals and inspirational one-liners, I often return to re-read these books if I need cheering up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sniff!, 1 April 2001
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
The last in the Tales of the City series, this book is a wonder and a tragedy all at once. I couldn't wait to read it and at the same time couldn't bear that it meant the end. Read them all, they are totally addictive, then read them again and again. You know you want to!

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Sure of You: Tales of the City Series, Vol.6 (Paperback)
Writing a series of books must be hard but writing six!! More impressive is the gentle wit and humanity of Maupin's characters. Read them all, bet you will know what the characters are feeling from personal experience

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 30 Oct. 2014
Another amazing book. Having lived in SF before, this one was one of the most evocative. Maupins descriptions hopefully bring the daily occurrences of SF to readers who haven't been lucky enough to visit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 May 2014
A. Cox - See all my reviews
A wonderful read by a very good author. I have enjoyed others in this series and look forward to read more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this, 8 Feb. 2015
Excellent book in the series. Made me want to carry on with Michael, Brian and Mary Ann.

Sure of You: Tales of the City Series, Vol.6
Sure of You: Tales of the City Series, Vol.6 by Armistead Maupin (Paperback - 1991)