Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 May 2011
This is a lovely easy read funny book that is almost as good a night in with a girlfriend.

Enjoy!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 April 2013
For anyone one of a certain age, like me, the sections of this book about failing memory make one chuckle with recognition over the social embarrassments when you know the face but not the name and the tricks employed to retrieve the buried memory: usually too late to be of use!
The author is very frank about her feelings and hurts within her family and friends, but told with guileless good humour that warms one to her as a person. She's certainly had an eventful and interesting life that makes for an entertaining read.
I really enjoyed the book.
on 17 January 2014
My friend had it already - I posted it to her for her birthday in December - BUT she said she was very happy to have this brand new copy as show loves Nora Ephron. I had read the book first and as my friend is a journalist I thought it was the perfect gift.
Obviously it was!
on 19 March 2014
I just wish I could write like Nora Ephron. Reading this feels like telepathy, it goes straight into my head. I know I've thought all of these things, but somehow never wrote them down, except of course I've never lived in New York, nor written When Harry Met Sally, but somehow when I read this I'm right there as if I did. Brilliant.
on 24 May 2014
it is a nice little read but if like me you're thinking of buying it because you've read on the internet that this is one of the "must read books if your going through a divorce" then I really wouldn't, the part about divorce is only a few pages long and it come towards the end.
on 3 June 2013
Only Nora knew that this would be her last week and a farewell to family, friends and fans. It is full of humor, great stories and
thought -provoking lists. My book club discussed it and even those, who had not read Nora before, took away something from the
book.
on 7 August 2012
Heres to Norah Ephron and how sad that she is no longer with us. She's given me some great laughs over the years - from the wonderful Heatburn, When Harry Met Sally and this last book of essays. She's not ill when she writes it, but she's getting mad at all the friends around her that are dying. I feel the same. It's a mixed bag but her strength and wisdom is there and now and then a belly laugh.
on 29 April 2014
This book was ok but did not meet my expectations from the write-ups I had read in magazines about it. I had intended to pass it on to a friend to read before I got it but afterwards decided it would not be particularly helpful for her.
on 17 January 2013
This is the second book l have bought by Norah Ephron, l feel bad about my neck being the first one.
The articles are amusing comments on life, after a "certain age" and rather reassuring. Amongst the humour are some really poignant points. Not as amusing as" I feel bad about my neck," but worth reading.
on 26 May 2011
It is a very relatable and I enjoyed it though at 33, I feel I am perhaps a little young for it and it is aimed at a slightly older reader!