5.0 out of 5 stars How very cleverly written!
I LOVE Sophie Kinsella, I have enjoyed all of her books and laugh at each one I read.

I was so eager to get my hands on this new novel however I felt a bit anxious as I had read mixed reviews with some negative reaction to the use of footnotes.

Published on 19 Feb. 2012 by FLB

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to standard...
Published on 5 April 2012 by Mel h

5.0 out of 5 stars How very cleverly written!, 19 Feb. 2012
FLB (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Hardcover)

Well I got the book on Friday and finished it on Saturday, like every other Sophie Kinsella novel I was gripped and couldn't wait to pick it up again when I had to stop reading for a while...(to cook tea for my children for instance.....not that I begrudge them their tea - but really, when I am in the middle of a good book!!?)

I really liked the character Poppy, she was funny, dizzy but intelligent with a high emotional quotient and she doesn't give up. I thought the story line was really clever, the use of text conversations were great fun and I really liked the addition of footnotes.....they were funny and fitted in with the story very astutely.

I loved it, I laughed out loud several times and read the whole book smiling - now that is worth paying for!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Catalogue of Hilarity., 16 Feb. 2012
ACB(swansea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Hardcover)
Poppy Wyatt is a 29 year old intelligent girl with a respected career and a clutch of close girlfriends. Catapaulted into a high-profile relationship with the erudite son, (Magnus), of an academic family, Poppy finds herself humiliated by the intellectual snobbery.The circumstances she finds herself in reveal her wits and guile to overcome her predicament. The synopsis of a lost engagement ring,( a family heirloom), a lost mobile phone, the finding of another in a litter bin (Sam enters the scene), provide Sophie Kinsella with a wealth of material for a tale full of humour, wit and observation of human nature. The scrabble game is fantastic.

This is a frenetic front to back read. I would have slowed it down if possible(purely for personal enjoyment reasons), but the plot is so fast-paced. Some may say there is a predictability but the acutely descriptive portrayal of life's dilemmas makes the whole flow. There are sharp corners taken with a tale and further character development around each one. The dialogue is so full of momentum. It is a cleverly crafted novel full of enterprise and laughter with all expected from the writer. Thoroughly enjoyed and recommended. I read the Kindle edition. I did not feel the footnotes a problem. In fact found them an addition to the book's character at the end of the chapters.
No spoilers. None needed. The narrative unravels without further detail.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to standard..., 5 April 2012
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Hardcover)
I have read all of sk books to date and thoroughly enjoyed- especially the shopahollic series. However, this book has been a let down. I didn't have a massive issue with the footnotes, although felt this format added nothing. I also didn't mind the fact the story line was hugely predictable- I think this is the case with all of sk books. The reason I have enjoyed her books in the past is the laugh out loud humour, and unfortunately, this book just did not do that for me. As I read the book I wondered if it's me just getting too old for this author, but up until now sk has been my favourite author. Would encourage any other fans to wait for the paperback...

4.0 out of 5 stars Guilty pleasure, 22 Mar. 2012
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Hardcover)
Sophie Kinsella's books have always been a guilty pleasure of mine; her books are ones that I can re-read time and time again and never get tired of; they're certainly feel good books which leave you with warm fuzzies.

However with I've Got Your Number I found it an extremely difficult read to get into (I'm blaming this completely on my reading funk, as lately I've found it hard to find a book which has really kept my attention). At first I didn't care about the main character Poppy Wyatt, she came across as frivolous and a bit naïve, her fiancé Marcus seemed like a huge bore and his parents a right snobby pair. As I had extremely been looking forward to reading this book and didn't want to tarnish my reading experience, I did the best thing possible and took a break and a couple of days later when I picked it up again it still took me a while longer to get into but I certainly enjoyed it a lot more.

Poppy's wedding ring goes missing before her wedding; it's a priceless family heirloom dating back to her fiancés Magnus' grandmother. How will she be able to break the news to Magnus? To top it off within a short time of losing her wedding ring her mobile is stolen. Just by chance she stumbles across an elegant mobile dumped in a bin nearby seeing no one else in a flutter over it, she knabs it. However as soon as the owner of the phone Sam realises she has the phone he insists on having it back.

The escapades and problems Poppy found herself in reminded a lot of Becky from the Shopaholic series. In a lot of ways they were quite similar; both intelligent women, but always finding themselves caught up in some mess, fraternising with big successful businessmen and always never thinking before acting. But Poppy's character certainly grew on me as the story progressed and my first assumptions I had of her as a needy brat, I take back because yes at times she was someone who always wanted to impress others, never get on their bad side, but she was also a lot of fun, she was at times like a fire cracker, that you're waiting to go off, uncertain about how much havoc she will cause in her wake.

Sophie Kinsella has again lived up to her reputation for managing to create swoony businessmen there was Jack from Can You Keep a Secret(yes he was older but I was always thought of him as a bit like George Clooney). Luke from the Shopaholic series (my absolute favourite) and now Sam. Sam was often closed off and aloof, but when he did come out of his shell, he was passionate, fiery and just straight to the point and that's what I liked about him, he didn't beat around the bush or scuttle around in circles like Magnus, if he wanted to say something he would say it.

I've Got Your Number was a charming story but also quite predictable, I knew how the story would turn out but that's also the great thing about Sophie Kinsella's books. Despite being predictable, the humour and the characters sneak their way into your heart and that before you know it, you can't stop reading.

The added extra of footnotes in this book, at first I didn't actually get and several times I completely missed them until I got to the bottom of the page and realised they were there. But they definitely brought an interesting aspect to the story and brought more humour to the book.

I've got your number was a funny enjoyable read which nicely satisfied my long overdue Sophie Kinsella fix. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long for another one of her books to come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Kinsella cracker !, 27 Feb. 2012
Eagerly anticipated this latest Sophie Kinsella did not disappoint. Poppy is a fabulous character and her concern for everyone makes this story so easy to relate to. Great book, easy to read, loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book Review from AntonySimpson.com, 1 July 2012
Antony Simpson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Hardcover)
Sophie Kinsella is quickly becoming the Queen of chick-lit. In her latest book I've Got Your Number, we meet Physiotherapist Poppy whose just got engaged to Magnus Tavish. Magnus has given her a priceless family heirloom, an emerald engagement ring. But while at her hen party - a Marie Curie Champagne Tea in a Hotel she looses the ring when the fire alarm goes off.

Poor Poppy searches high and low for the ring, but cannot find it. So she leaves her number with the hotel receptionist and goes outside to ring a friend to see if she's got the engagement ring. A hoodie on a bike rides past and snaps her phone out of her hand and makes a quick get-away. Poppy worried that the hotel won't be able to get hold of her, goes back to the hotel to tell them that her phones been stolen. But then she sees a phone in a bin in the hotel foyer and thinks finders, keepers.

The phone belongs to Sam Roxton's PA and it rings. Sam tells Poppy she must stop a group Japanese business men led my Mr. Yamasaki from leaving, as jobs are at risk if she doesn't. Poppy gets Sam to agree to let her borrow the phone if she stops the business men from leaving. What follows is the most hilarious scene in the book where Poppy announces she's a singing telegram. She sings "Mr. Yamasaki, Mr. Yamasaki" in the style of `Single Ladies' by Beyonce. The business men like it and then Sam arrives. Poppy takes her leave quickly, before Sam can change his mind about borrowing her the phone.

A relationship starts to develop between Poppy and Sam, as Poppy continues to look for her engagement ring and forward Sam's calls, text and email messages.

We learn more about Poppy's life and about her fiancé Magnus. Poppy feels inferior to Magnus' super-intellectual family, Antony & Wanda Tavish have both had articles published in journals and spend most of their time reading academic literature or debating it. Poppy seems to be a "people pleaser" and doesn't like the conflict involved with saying "No." Sometimes it feels like Poppy sees what she wants too and ignores the rest. Although the reader comes to understand the reasons why, early on in the book I felt myself getting frustrated with her because of it. As for Poppy's men...

Magnus plays an arguably small role within the story. At the beginning of the book his role is bigger and as the story continues it wains. Poppy and he met through her Physiotherapy work. At first he seems OK - a little boring perhaps, but as the book goes on and revelations are made that change what you think about him. Magnus is a serial proposer, who has offered the emerald engagement ring to many women - including the Wedding Planner.

Sam is a executive of White Globe Consulting Group. But there's ongoing office politics with potentially massive consequences - which is a usual plot line for Kinsella. Poppy can't help read some of the messages on the phone intended for Sam's PA. Poppy makes some assumptions based on the texts and emails for Sam about him, most of which turn out to be wrong. Poppy also finds it increasingly frustrating that Sam doesn't respond to messages she feels important. So she decides to reply to some on his behalf with some funny consequences.

The book brings Poppy and Sam together in the end as you'd expect. The use of text messages to bring them together is interesting and I suppose it fits in to the "modern use of technology." I would have preferred them to talk, but that's just me. The book made me laugh, get teary eyed and feel good at the end. Everything that you'd want from a chick-lit book.

4.0 out of 5 stars I've Got Your Number, 12 May 2012
Jenny, Wondrous Reads (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Hardcover)
I don't read many adult novels at all - I pick and choose the odd ones that I fancy - but I will always read anything Sophie Kinsella writes. I think she's absolutely hilarious and very easy to read, and I've Got Your Number is no exception. I laughed, I gasped, I urged the characters to do things they so obviously needed to. You could say I was a little bit invested in their fictional lives!

Of all Kinsella's standalone novels, I've only read The Undomestic Goddess (I do have the others waiting, though). I've read all the Shopaholic series and love those, and am really glad that I've Got Your Number was worth the wait. Once again there are embarrassing moments you can't even imagine happening to you, realistic characters and quite an unusual premise. Kinsella does tend to think outside the box when it comes to her standalone novels and I really like that.

I've Got Your Number starts when Poppy Wyatt loses her engagement ring and then her beloved mobile phone. She finds a discarded one in a bin, and soon realises that it's connected to businessman Sam Roxton [insert swoon here]. There's plenty of texts and emails sent back and forth and each person helps the other in some way. It's a fast-moving story that incorporates Poppy's girly world with Sam's strictly business one, and it works.

I enjoy Sophie Kinsella's books because of her down to earth characters, realism and humour. Although certain events probably wouldn't happen to any of us, they *could*, and that's what I relate to. Kinsella also always fleshes out every single character in her books, even people who don't make many appearances. Wanda (Poppy's fiancee's mother) was one of my favourites from I've Got Your Number, and I would have liked to have seen more of her. She made me laugh!

I would highly recommend I've Got Your Number, and all of Sophie Kinsella's other books, to anyone who enjoys titles by Carole Matthews or Sarra Manning. I'm no expert when it comes to adult chick-lit fiction, but those are similar authors I've enjoyed and read as much as possible. Sometimes a good, funny book is all you need in life, and Sophie Kinsella can provide just that. I already can't wait for her next book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 15 April 2012
S. Shamma "Suad" (Abu Dhabi, UAE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Paperback)
So this was a very amusing and entertaining book. Not the best, nor the worst.

Both Poppy and Sam were good, solid protagonists. I loved their interactions, especially via texting and emails. I could definitely relate to that sort of relationship budding in that particular method (who wouldn't in this day and age?)

It was hilarious at parts, I definitely laughed out loud a few times, but then there were moments where I just found myself skimming through the pages because it was all so predictable.

Magnus (what kind of name is Magnus?) was such a pain, he was very obviously a jerk that I couldn't understand how she didn't see it. There was absolutely no chemistry, romance or any affection between the two of them that I was just left a little weirded out by their relationship and why she accepted his proposal in the first place. His parents were even bigger obnoxious, pompous jerks, and that whole confrontation at the end with his mother and Poppy seemed a little ridiculous, because personally, I did not buy the fact that they actually liked her but were annoyed with their son's actions. The fact that Sophie Kinsella made it seem like it was all in her head was silly, because let's face it...it wasn't.

I love the fact that Poppy's favourite ice cream was Magnum White, because it is mine as well.

And I love the slow progression of Poppy and Sam's relationship and how it all wrapped up in the end.

All in all, a good entertaining read. Just don't expect too much.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars, 8 April 2012
C. Rucroft "The little bookworm" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Hardcover)
Sophie Kinsella is the author who first got me into reading. I loved her first Shopaholic books and she became an author whose books I had to pre-order. That all changed with the publication of 'Twenties Girl'. I couldn't get on with that book at all. So thinking that this might have been a blip considering it was a stand alone novel, I got my hands on her next Shopaholic book, 'Mini Shopaholic.' Oh no. What has happened? I was quite resolute about the fact that I wasn't going to buy her next one.

Anyway, I saw 'I've got your number' in a shop, less than half price and I was sucked in! This is another stand alone novel and features the story of Poppy Wyatt. Poppy has got engaged and loses her engagement ring. She also finds a phone in a bin and the story begins from there.

Kinsella has once again created a character that most of us can relate to. Panics and blows things out of all proportion. Does things which she thinks are right at the time and then realises they couldn't be any more wrong! I really liked Poppy and thought some of the things she did were hilarious. I really liked how the relationship between her and Sam built up.

A few niggles with the book. Firstly, I really struggled to overcome the name 'Magnus'. It's just awful and does not conjure up the image that Kinsella wanted to create. Also, I found the storyline flimsy. The relationship was built up awfully quickly. It just wasnt't believable - if you can suspend any notion of reality then you may get on with this!

My main issue with the book though was the awful, awful footnotes. So distracting, not funny and pointless. I stopped reading them after a while. They don't work Sophie - please don't use them again!

This is better than her last couple of offerings, but no-where near the standards of her first books. Oh how I long for her to be back to the dizzy heights of those days!

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious English wit and romance - fun fun fun!, 1 Nov. 2012
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Hardcover)
I just love Sophie Kinsella, her writing skills are just divine. Her stories come to life off the page and all her characters in this book jump out and engage with the reader. I love Sam (well who wouldn't) and I love Poppys outlook, I love the way she wants everyone to be happy and the texting scenes had me in stitches along with a few other comical moments. I love laugh out loud books and even that embarressed feeling you get when you have just laughed loudly into the quiet and then can't wipe the smirk off your face as you try to read on, Sophie delivers those moments in glorious form and that and her great storylines make her books so effortless to read and totally unputdownable.

I've Got Your Number
I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella (Paperback - 25 April 2013)