5.0 out of 5 stars First Class Journalism, 9 Aug 2006
S. Freer (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Freedom Next Time (Hardcover)
Yet another excellent piece of work. This book puts so many of our modern day journalists to shame. Rather than echoing the official government line, Pilger probes and questions the decisions and motives of influential individuals and parties who have such an impact upon the everyday lives of multitudes of people. It is easy for people in their comfortable Western lives to feel so detached from the suffering that is going on elsewhere in the world. Yet Pilger writes with a passion and belief that enables the reader to empathise with such people. His style of writing encourages the reader to consider unpalatable questions about the motives of our leaders and politicians. John Pilger presents a challenge to the reader to stand up for what is right and just.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic exploration of the world we live in, 20 April 2009
J. Milton - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Freedom Next Time (Paperback)
This book will open your eyes to the evils of the world around you.

In an age when journalists care more about whether Britney Spears is on the verge of a breakdown or not there are still some journalists out there who report about a world that many of us will never see or read about in Heat or on GMTV - from Diego Garcia to Palestine to South Africa.

It's a shame more journalists were not made in the mould of Pilger. If they were, maybe the world might change for the better.

If you like Pilger, I would recommend Mark Curits as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Investigative Jounalism, 25 Jan 2012
Xenophon. (Fife, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Freedom Next Time (Paperback)
Another first rate book by the Master of Investigative Journalism.
Pilger lets us know the" full" storey, and the truth behind the issues, that many of us read about ,
but never get the full facts from the popular press and media.
At a time when large elements of the press stand exposed ,as purely marketers of superficial
populist rubbish, it is essential that we have "real" investigative journalists such as Pilger to turn to,
for the truth.

5.0 out of 5 stars eye opener, 29 Jan 2009
Th Choudhury - See all my reviews
This review is from: Freedom Next Time (Paperback)
This is an excellent book - points of views are backed up by first class invetigative journalism - As many people as possble need to read this book and voice protest to our governments with regards to the attrocities commited- i for one say to them "not in my name". I hope we see many more works exposing the truth from John Pilger

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative book, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Freedom Next Time (Paperback)
John Pilger has yet again succeeded in providing a thoroughly researched book, rich in detail. A real eye opener - well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars important read of diverse selection of political situations, 9 Sep 2013
E. Dalhuijsen (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Freedom Next Time (Paperback)
Just reading the introduction -which includes a one or two paragraph summary of each section- is worth the price of the book (if rather scary). Am halfway through now as I find it too important to rush, and it's usual Pilger, just like in his films: particularly well researched, well and clearly presented, and he remains focused on positive possibilities even while describing the dire situations. His insights, intelligence, and drive for justice are inspirational.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Freedom Next Time (Paperback)
A real eye opener to what really goes on in this world despite the conventional information promulgated by governments and the mass media

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT..., 1 Aug 2013
This review is from: Freedom Next Time (Paperback)
I got this two days ago.Finished it yesterday.Every time I finish a JOHN PILGER book,I think "thats the best thing hes written" ,but this really is ! He covers south Africa,Afghanistan,Palistine and Diego Garcia.This came out in 2006 I think,and somehow Ive missed it till the other day when I sor it on AMAZON.This is now sitting pride of place among the other great books by this BRILLINT auther.Read it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Pilger, 29 Jun 2013
Mo Ro (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Freedom Next Time (Paperback)
I like John Pilger - there is so much to read and he makes you think about these important world issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Freedom Next Time (Kindle Edition)
I am enthralled by this book, am only into the Israel/Palestine chapter and so far the book is a real eye opener, but written in a balanced non hysterical way. Makes you question yourself and your opinions as a person and also raises questions at our actions as a nation.
I really think everyone would benefit from reading this. Really shows how appalling governments (of all persuasions) can be, especially against the little people with no voice.
I greatly look forward to reading the rest of the book and very much commend the author.

Freedom Next Time
Freedom Next Time by John Pilger (Paperback - 4 Jun 2007)
7.19