5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie never disappoints
I am a huge fan of Sophie Kinsella - she is the only author I have ever read where I am never let down. I always look forward to her books coming out as they are guaranteed feel-good books.

In this latest offering Lexi wakes up in hospital thinking that it is still 2004 and she is going out with Loser Dave, has wonky teeth, loads of friends and works in a low...
Published on 10 Dec 2008 by Boof

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Holiday Reading
This book is the perfect 'pick-me'up', if you've been struggling through some heavy tomes or just want to smile, then it's the ideal read. OK, it could be classed as 'chick-lit', and the cover may put a lot of people off - but it really is a pleasing read.

Lexi has been in a car accident, she has amnesia and as far as she is concerned she is way down the career...
Published on 20 Oct 2008 by Lincs Reader

‹ Previous | 122 23 24 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars I'd rather Not!!, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: Remember Me? (Kindle Edition)
Read this whilst convalescing, it was a complete bore. Not quite sure how I managed to read it all. The best part was the end!

3.0 out of 5 stars my least fav Kinsella, 12 Aug 2011
This review is from: Remember Me? (Kindle Edition)
am a huge fan of Sophie Kinsella - she is an author where I am never let down. I always look forward to her books coming out as they are guaranteed feel-good books.

Remember Me doesn't disappoint. It's funny, witty, and I love the the hero's Sophie Kinsella conjures up. They are always so YUIMMY! There is a lot of the "f" word, and infidelity in this book...but that being said, I still really enjoyed it. TWO THUMBS UP!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 31 Dec 2009
Mrs. Susan R. Clarke (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember Me? (Paperback)
Very quick delivery. I purchased this item for my daughter and she absolutely loved it. Many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brillant read, 12 Feb 2009
S. Bathurst (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember Me? (Paperback)
This is the second Sophie Kinsella book I've read and it was brillant. I couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, easy read, 3 Aug 2008
Mrs. Jane P. Mason "Baggie Girl" (Worcestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
I read this book in one day! Just couldn't put it down. Very easy to read and i totally got into it. Yes, it's far fetched but isn't that what a good book is all about?? Great read for the beach.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Great holiday read!, 29 July 2008
This review is from: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
I found this book on holiday in my hotel on a rainy day - a couple of days later I was finished! A funny, entertaining read with a great ending. There were times when I thought the memory loss of the character could have been used to create some more funny scences but overall an excellent read that made me smile!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 15 May 2008
C. Bransby (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
This is a brilliant book that is light and funny and very witty, Lexi is very likable and through quite alot of the book you want her to get with jon, the moment he is introduced you know whats been happening, five stars and then some.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really loved it!!, 13 April 2008
A. Gargett - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
Thought this was great!! Original idea, funny and entertaining. What more could you ask for!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 July 2014
I. M. Sheehan - See all my reviews
Great read

4.0 out of 5 stars A chic fic with a twist on a moral tale., 30 Mar 2008
This review is from: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
I like chic fic. I like Sophie Kinsella's books. I like a nice light read with a happy ending. OK, I've got that out of the way, and I think we all know a Sophie Kinsella book will have lots of the usual elements of a happy romance, so let's get going here!

I do find that the lead female character in any Sophie Kinsella book tends to be (essentially) the same woman each time. This one is a young woman who has a dull office job she doesn't like much (but which mysteriously pays enough for her to afford an apartment in South London - so real life isn't part of this novel!). Then she falls over, gets a bash on the noggin - and wakes up 3 years later with amnesia to find her life changed out of all recognition. Huge new flat in a fashionable part of London, a fab body, super teeth, a luscious husband, make up that isn't from Tescos, designer clothes, the whole shebang. So what's been going on in those three years that she achieved all this? That's what the book is about.

I'm not going to say much about what happens next (I don't like it when reviews tell me the plot, so I try not to do it) but the book is fairly predictable. Not that this is a bad thing - I read this sort of novel to enjoy it, not for a brain stretch and philosophy! But some of the characters are just stereotypes - the rubbish management at work, the husband who treats her as a trophy wife, the slightly crackers mother. Now, if she'd had a lovely husband but then had an affair with another (also nice) man, that would have made for a more interesting plot. I'd like a little more interest in the people involved in this tale.

This is a good enjoyable book. It made me happy. It tells people not to be so pushy on their way up the career ladder or they will be lonely at the top - well, there's your moral aspect of the story, but fidelity isn't part of it! I can nit-pick at it, but it was a happy read. Just don't go over-analysing it - chic fic isn't really meant for that!

‹ Previous | 122 23 24 | Next ›

Remember Me?
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella (Paperback - 4 Dec 2008)
5.99