5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie never disappoints
I am a huge fan of Sophie Kinsella - she is the only author I have ever read where I am never let down. I always look forward to her books coming out as they are guaranteed feel-good books.

Published on 10 Dec 2008 by Boof

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Holiday Reading
This book is the perfect 'pick-me'up', if you've been struggling through some heavy tomes or just want to smile, then it's the ideal read. OK, it could be classed as 'chick-lit', and the cover may put a lot of people off - but it really is a pleasing read.

Published on 20 Oct 2008 by Lincs Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie never disappoints, 10 Dec 2008
Boof (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Remember Me? (Paperback)

In this latest offering Lexi wakes up in hospital thinking that it is still 2004 and she is going out with Loser Dave, has wonky teeth, loads of friends and works in a low paid job in a carpet company. In fact it is 2007 and she is married to a gorgeous multi-millionaire, has perfect teeth, lives in a huge penthouse overlooing the Thames and has a high-flying job as a Director (oh, and she is the bitch-boss-from-hell), only Lexi can't remember a thing about it. The story follows Lexi as she tries to fit in with her new life and fill in the gaps as to how she ended up where she did (and how she managed to alienate all her friends in the process).

All the ususal magic is here - young girl, a love interest (or two), nice clothes and shoes (v. important!)

While I agree that nothing can beat the Shopaholic series (who could replace Becky?), this is still a great book to get lost in. Thumbs up for Ms Kinsella once again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Holiday Reading, 20 Oct 2008
Lincs Reader (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Remember Me? (Hardcover)

Lexi has been in a car accident, she has amnesia and as far as she is concerned she is way down the career ladder, her boyfriend 'Loser Dave' stood her up last night, she lives in a tiny flat, her teeth are crooked - hence the nickname Snaggletooth and she spends most Friday nights getting drunk on banana cocktails dressed in the latest from New Look.

In fact, it is 2007 and Lexi cant remember the last three years of her life. She doesnt recognise the toned, bronzed person looking back at her from the mirror, and where did those perfect teeth, glossy hair and manicured nails come from? Looking through her designer handbag she finds her business card "Director"! And, biggest shock of all, she's married to multi-millionaire Eric, lives the 'loft living lifestyle' and drives a Mercedes.

At first Lexi is puzzled but thrilled until she finds that her old friends all hate her - he cant work the hi-tech gadgets in her home and her husband has produced an A-Z Marriage Manual!

Well written and very funny in parts but also very poignant. Temporary amnesia has obviously been researched very well and the thought that this could happen to anyone is quite terrifying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, but great fun, 26 Feb 2008
Julia Flyte - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
Lexi wakes up in hospital after a car accident. She's lost all memory of the last three years and is amazed at how her life has changed: suddenly she's married to a gorgeous guy, she's running her department at work and on paper her life suddenly seems perfect. But slowly she starts to realize that things are not quite as wonderful as they initially appeared to be. For starters, her best friends seem to have distanced themselves from her. And her husband Eric doesn't really seem to be her type.

This is a fast and fun book to read. The premise hooks you in and some parts are laugh out loud funny (particularly when Lexi realises why her husband keeps making the Mt Blanc references). Okay, so it doesn't stretch your brain too much and you need to suspend your disbelief that she would have made some of the changes in her life, but overall it's still very entertaining. A perfect holiday read.

This is the third Sophie Kinsella book that I've read, and as some other reviewers have commented, I don't think it's as good as her others. I still enjoyed it, and if you like her books you'll enjoy this too, but if you're new to her as an author I think her others are better.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Holiday Read, 1 Jun 2008
Bookworm (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
I have just read this book on my holiday and I can safely say that it is up to Sophie Kinsella's usual high standard. I am a huge fan of the Shopaholic series and was equally impressed with "Remember Me". It only took me 2 days to get through as I couldn not put the book down. Readers will not be disappointed. Although there were parts of the book which, to me, did seem unbelievable, you have to take the book for what it is. It is a lighthearted, fun and happy read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 3 Aug 2008
Donna Lister (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
I hate to slander Sophie Kinsella's work because of how much I adore the Shopoholic series, Can You Keep A Secret?, and Undomestic Goddess. However, I am going to be quite honest and say that I was unpleasantly surprised by Remember Me. I bought the hardback on the day it came out (having loved all of Sophie's other books, I didn't hesitate). I then settled myself in Costa Coffee and spent the time it took me to drink a cup of tea reading the prologue and, erm, I think it was the first three chapters. I have to say, right from finishing the Prologue my excited expression deteriorated into a perplexed frown. Usually Sophie's books have made me laugh-out-loud at least one in the opening pages. I told myself it was just the prologue and not to be so hastily judgemental, but to be honest, it didn't get any better. I smirked/smiled amusedly at certain parts that were slightly funny, but never shook my head in disbelief with grin spread at anything, or laughed loudly and ended up drawing attention to myself. All of Sophie's books, particularly Can You Keep a Secret? have had that effect on me. Some of the witty language Sophie has used reduced me into fits of laughter. Not Remember Me.
I also didn't have any affection for Lexie's character, and I believe that actually caring about a book's protagonist makes all the difference to whether one will like it or not. I didn't really care what happened to Lexie, unlike Becky who (although her behaviour is infuriating at times) I always wish the best for. When I finished the novel, I placed it upon the shelf with my other Sophie books, but in a way I don't think it belongs there.

I asked myself if I was being overly critical because I was comparing it to Sophie's other books too much, and would actually like it if it was done by a completely seperate author. Sadly, no. It wasn't a good book by any standards, not just the high standards I'd set Sophie's writing ability at.

4.0 out of 5 stars a very good list of ingredients..., 10 Feb 2008
This review is from: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
if this book was a recipe then I would say that it has an extremely good list of ingredients, enough to make your mouth water. However...(there's always a but) I just can't help feeling that Sophie Kinsella has missed out on a brilliant storyline (rather than a good storyline which is actually achieved). Don't get me wrong, the book is good (I read it in a day) couldn't put it down; and this was largely due to the excellent ingredients, and the promise of something really really good. I just felt it lacked a certain something special, and after the shopaholics, one is quite right to expect the best from kinsella. The ending is good but does leave you thinking that kinsella was in a hurry to just end it (kind of reminded me of an essay where you are nearing the limit of the word count, so you just omit the really good bits to put an end to it).

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect escapism!, 23 Mar 2011
This review is from: Remember Me? (Paperback)
Sophie Kinsella once again comes up trumps with the book 'Remeber Me'. I read this book when I was going through quite a stressful period in work and I really looked forward to going to bed at night with this as I laughed out loud at least a few times, and this is something I usually don't do with books.

The heroine, Lexi, is an immensebly likeable, self-depreciating character. She wakes up from a coma after an accident, thinking it's still 2004 and that she's still going out with her ex, Loser Dave. She is in fact married to an extremely handsome millionaire, has a great figure, designer clothes and lives in an amazing loft-style penthouse. She is also head of her department at work and is now the boss of her three ex-best friends and a whole team of staff. It all seems too good to be true. How did she even get such a wonderful life? If only she could remember!

But as the story moves along, Lexi realises that although her new life may look absolutely wonderful on the outside, it's not so rosy deep down and she is not the happy go-free popular girl she once was. Her ex friends now think she's a bitch and she's not allowed eat carbs!! Maybe Lexi, just maybe, this isn't all its cracked up to be, and she would like her old life back?

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the others!, 9 May 2008
This review is from: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
I had high hopes for this as I love this author but I thought this one started off a bit slow and I didn't really warm to Lexi's character all that much, not like I did Becky in the Shopaholic books. I also thought her friends in the carpet shop were a bit childish the way they treated her, this didn't ring true to me. But the new hubbie was hilarious he was so sleazy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie Kinsella is the ONE :), 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Remember Me? (Kindle Edition)
Gets you so gripped from the get go! A use of words that really sends your imagination into overdrive! Definitely a book you can't put down! Recommended to me by a friend and now recommended to you by me! Worth a read with out a doubt! Sophie Kinsella is the one! Top author!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Remember Me? (Kindle Edition)
could not stop reading. definitely a page turner. very good storyline. on the edge of my seat the whole time

Remember Me?
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella (Paperback - 4 Dec 2008)
3.85