5.0 out of 5 stars Just when you thought it was safe to go shopping!
I have to say these books are my favourite all time reads, they are so unbelievable that you have to love them!
Becky Bloomwood/Brandon is back, now married for nearly a year to the sensible business man Luke (Mr Forgiving) Brandon. She is still up to her old tricks in this one buying things as usual that the rest of the sane planet would probably not dream of buying...
Published on 13 Jun. 2004 by Lulu

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as fun or fluffy as the others.
So I'm not a huge chick-lit fan, but I do have particular authors whose work I know I'm going to love. Sophie Kinsella is definitely one of these, if not the highest ranking on my personal scale of Awesome. I haven't read a single book of hers I didn't immediately love - I've read all the Shopaholic books up to this one and Can You Keep A Secret? was the story that got me...
Published on 28 April 2012 by H. Whitehead

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Jumped the shark, 11 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Shopaholic and Sister (Hardcover)
At the end of the last book we left Becky preparing to go on a year long honeymoon with new husband Luke, travelling around the world.
We join her now after 10 months, in Sri Lanka at yoga practise. The begining of this book is brilliant, Despite have matured as a character this is still the Becky Bloomwood/Brandon we all know and love.
In my opinion it goes downhill quite quickly as they return home. Her parents are acting myserious, Suze has made a new bets friend with the 'Horsy' Lulu and even Luke has thrown himself back into business.
But I feel Becky has reverted back to the character we were first introuced to. Gone has the maturity she gained whilst learning from her mistakes, moving to New York and settling up by herself.
The storylines seem unrealistic from the gangaster who she owes a favour to, to eventually falling off a rocky peak. She in comparison does very little high street shopping that we see in this book, and spends the majority of the time in a small Cumbrian village.
The ending is also quite predictable, however what irriated me most about the ending is it's cliffhanger tendencies. Whilst the other books managed to tie up the story quite nicely but still leave room for more, this was completely left open with no real conclusion to the story,.
Despite all this, it is still an entertaining read, though not as good as the first 3, and definetely worth a look. I await any news of 'Shopaholic and baby' nervously.

4.0 out of 5 stars and Sister.... the shopaholics guide to sisters!, 14 Jan. 2005
This review is from: Shopaholic & Sister: (Shopaholic Book 4) (Paperback)
This was probably my favourite out of the Shopaholic series.
You get to view Becky on her honeymoon, the effects her buying has on her married life, and you get to follow her feelings as she gets to know her new sister. I'd reccomend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie Kinsella has done it again!, 19 July 2004
This review is from: Shopaholic and Sister (Hardcover)
What an awesome book! It is just addictive as the other three, but maybe even more so. With even more unbelivable antics than before it makes it so hard to put down. Lets just hope there is a fifth one install for us addicted readers!

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 18 Jan. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Shopaholic & Sister: (Shopaholic Book 4) (Paperback)
I was looking forward to reading this having enjoyed the other three. Sadly it is a disappointment. Where the other three books made me laugh out loud in places, I find myself feeling frustrated with Becky in this book. She used to come across as silly and foolish in a pleasant sort of way, but now she seems rather desperate and immature. I find the relationship between Becky and her sister rather saddening, which is not what I think this series of books are about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest of the series, 5 Dec. 2007
Fiona Allen "Fiona" (St Louis, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shopaholic & Sister: (Shopaholic Book 4) (Paperback)
I loved this book. Becky is as annoying as ever as she reverts to her shopaholic ways (not seen so much in Ties the Knot) but I just love seeing how she gets herself out of those situations where you think that Luke is eventually going to go completely crazy at her. He really does have the patience of a Saint. OK, the end with the sister is a little predictable but not totally since you don't know what will tip the scales to them being able to communicate with each other!!

Also, I kind of liked that she and Suze were not best friends anymore - that is so true to life....one friend gets married and has kids and starts hanging around with other mothers and you lose your place as "best" friend, especially when you go away for months on end. I'm sure it's happened to every woman of a certain age!!

Can't wait to read the next installment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another addictive read by Sophie Kinsella!, 31 May 2004
This review is from: Shopaholic and Sister (Hardcover)
I was so excited to hear the new addition has finally arrived I couldn't wait to buy it! Once again the hilarious Becky doesn't let us down. Complete with comedy moments and tears I have been unable to put it down! The ending is open so I can't wait to get my hands on the next installment!

4.0 out of 5 stars Shopaholic and Sister, 5 July 2004
This review is from: Shopaholic and Sister (Hardcover)
I bought the other shopaholic books on a whim and I'm glad I did as I throughly enjoyed reading about Beckys' mad lifestyle. I love to shop so I can relate to Becky but I would not do some of the things she does! In Shopaholic & Sister, Beckys' spending gets out of control (again) and she does the usual; lies, hides credit cards etc. But when Jess turns up and shows Becky what life is REALLY all about, you wonder if she has changed. Of course, when she gets out her nail varnish in the tent, you know she hasn't! Once again, a wonderful wacky adventure by Sophie Kinsella. Keep up the good work! I look forward to Shopaholic & Baby!

2.0 out of 5 stars Rediculously far-fetched & a waste of money, 22 April 2015
This review is from: Shopaholic & Sister: (Shopaholic Book 4) (Paperback)
Having read the whole "Shopaholic" series, I can't really see what all of the hype was about. I found myself getting increasingly irritated & annoyed with alot of the characters- especially Becky, the main character. Alot of the content & storyline was so far-fetched that it became all very predictable & frustrating. To be honest, Becky is just unlikeable- selfish, spoilt, extremely shallow & immature, pathetic, & basically a moron. Some of the things she does, & the situations she finds herself in, are so rediculous that the reader finds it hard to relate as it is too unrealistic.

Then there are Becky's family & friends. Her mother comes across as a snobby, scatty idiot who's reactions to everything are dramatic to the point where you want to slap her. Her mother's neighbour, Janice, seems to have nothing better to do than interfere & make stupid suggestions & comments. Although Suze is realistic enough, it seems that all she does is go along with Becky's moronic, rediculous schemes. It's a shame really- she's one of the few who could have had great potential for this book!

I felt alot of sympathy for Luke- he stands by Becky, no matter how many idiotic scrapes she gets herself into. He loves her unconditionally, but also seems rather weary of his childish, selfish wife. Although Jess comes across as quite awkward & hard-faced, she was one of the very few relatable characters. She has no qualms about telling Becky what she thinks of her, & I really could relate to her frustration with Becky.

Altogether, a disappointing series- too much exaggerated drama, too unrealistic, & very few likeable characters. Storylines started to become very prdictive after a while, & in the end if felt like the writer really was scraping the barrel for ideas. Shame really as it has the potential to be a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Girly Read, 12 Aug. 2004
L. Flack "laurzstar" (Middlesex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shopaholic and Sister (Hardcover)
Being a massive fan of the "shopaholic" series i couldn't wait for this book to arrive in the bookshops. Having read the first three books over and over again I was looking forward to getting my hands on a completely new Becky Bloomwood adventure to get my hands on.
Boy i was not dissapointed, Everything we love about Becky is back! my personal favourite snippet of the book is her obbsession over the "Angel" Bag it had me in fits of giggles.
I just couldn't put this book down! I just wished it would never end! A Fab book for anyone who loves to shop!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, a slight let down., 5 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Shopaholic & Sister: (Shopaholic Book 4) (Paperback)
The shopaholic series is over-all well written, and a laugh a minute. but i found this one in the series hard going after a while. it takes a while to get going, and when it does finally get going, the story is a little far fetched. The story did have a good ending. i thnk that this was one of the redeeming features, because without the ending it had, i don't think i would have read shopaholic and baby. Over-all a good, enjoyable read. Well worth the money, but not as good as the previous installments on Becky Brandon (nee' Bloomwood.)

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

Shopaholic & Sister: (Shopaholic Book 4)
Shopaholic & Sister: (Shopaholic Book 4) by Sophie Kinsella (Paperback - 3 Jan. 2005)