on 3 April 2004
Looked forward to this book since CALLING ROMEO last year and I must say this is Alexandra Potter's best book to date. I enjoyed all the characters and the storyline - it wasn't predetermined at the start as some books in this category are. Her books contain lots of humour and this is no exception - it has the feel good factor.I am sure this would make a good film. Looking forward to her next book.
on 29 April 2004
This is a really good book. The main characters are very easy to relateto and if you're 30-something and wondering where your life is going, thisbook will make you feel good about yourself. Witty, well-written, and agreat read! I'd recommend it to anyone.
on 1 January 2008
This is another Alexandra Potter book that once I picked the book up, I was completly hooked. The story is about Grace and Jimi, who grew up together in Manchester, they had a moment of madness and drifted apart, until by chance they met again. Both Grace and Jimi had partners at the time, but circumstances changed and they found the passion they shared thirteen years ago was never really forgotten. Great story and a complete romantic book for all us thirty-somethings!
on 3 May 2010
This book is just a great funny light hearted and easy yet addictive read. You will fall totally in love with Grace, Jimi and their friends. Its a fantastic read for any good old love story, perfect to curl up with on any night yet so hard to put down. I loved this book as will any modern day romantic out there.
Funny, witty and full off situations we've all been in!
Try it,you will love it!
on 11 June 2016
I loved this book so much, it's warm and funny and keeps you addicted to the characters throughout. It makes you laugh and cry and is a really really great romantic book. Would recommend this if you like chic or romantic books :)
on 13 June 2010
This is a fantastic book, Alexandra Potter at her best! Well written, with the perfect mix of captivating story, laugh-out-loud humour and believable characters. Very few things compel me to come and write a review - but I've enjoyed this book so much that I wanted to come back to say how great it was!
on 24 May 2010
A good easy read and another great by Alexandra Potter. I liked the story line and light hearted theme of the book. Whilst being a little predictable it kept you hanging on and wanting to read more. One for holiday though in case you can't put it down!
on 19 June 2011
Grace and Jimi are really great characters and despite the fact that Jimi is a bit of a dick at first, you are rooting for the two of them to sort it out pretty much from the beginning. Alexandra Potter always tells a story well and this is no exception.
on 17 March 2010
i was introduced to alexandra potter last summer by a friend and im so glad that i was. after having finished reading who's that girl, be careful what you wish for and me and mr darcy i could not wait for her new book.

she did not disappoint, the book is a girly book with every day dramas that we can all relate to. i love how each chapter is on a differnt character, it never follows on so you have to read that chapter in order to get to the chapter with the character you want to know about. i read the book in 2days i just couldn't put it down i had to know what was goin to happen. all characters are loveable and they make you smile but also get annoyed with the 2 main ones, just wanted to smack their heads together.its a case of second chances. the ending just made me smile even if i knew what was goin to happen. if you love lindsey kelk and cecelia ahern you will love alexandra potter. cannot wait for her next book "you're the one that i don't want" out in August!!!
VINE VOICEon 8 July 2010
I really enjoy this author's books. This was a nice lighthearted chick-lit. I didn't want to put it down once I started. I loved the characters of Grace and Jimi and I love a happy ending. There was a lot happening as far as other relationships etc but it filled the story more. Grace's fiance was a prat tbh and spoke to her like she was a child and she had to change her whole personality to be with him, yet with Jimi she could be herself.
Jimi's reasoning of why he didnt call Grace back when they were 18 seemed a bit silly, but he is a bloke so could be believeable (no offence guys) :-)

This was another really good book for Alexandra Potter and I will definately keep on reading hers.