Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 November 2002
Not enough children's authors consider the parents' sanity when writing books - after all it is we who must read the stories to our kids, often ad nauseam. "Dinosaur Roar" is a book I can read over and over to my pre-school kids and I marvel at its simplicity and readability. Okay, it's quite short which is always a bonus, but the language is brilliant. My son not only grasped opposites from an early age, but also quite complex vocabulary. You can imbue the meaning of the words by your tone, and "Dinosaur slimy" is a personal favourite page. We have since invested in "Dinosaur Stomp" and "Ten Terrible Dinosaurs", and the illustrations also bring great pleasure to us all. Thanks to the authors.
on 16 September 2005
This is a great book - tremendous fun and already a firm favourite with both my sons (4 and 1).
It consists of 24 pages (well really 12 double pages) of wonderful, highly stylised but still quite realistic dinosaurs. The text is simple and sparse but very effective, utilising opposites and rhyme. For example, stretching over four pages, the book contains the text Dinosaur Sweet, Dinosaur Grumpy, Dinosaur Spiky and Dinosaur Lumpy.
Very good fun and highly recommended.
on 11 November 2001
Dinosaur Roar has wonderful large, animated illustrations. The water colour detail and bright colours are so enticing. The simple text rolls off of your tongue and is a joy to read again and again. My six year old practices her penmanship by copying the text in her note book. It is a favorite in our home.
on 18 February 2016
Wow just amazing!
Set has a cute little game board style mat for the wonderfully adorable dinosaur action figures as well as a fantastic book for the kids to enjoy!
Well worth the money, delivered quickly and packaged well. I am very satisfied and would very much recommend to those with dinosaur fans [the younger ones]!
on 1 October 2015
Firstly, I need to make clear that the book itself is amazing and we love it! The book deserves 5 stars, but I am reviewing this playbox and I thought it wasn't great at all. The book is permanently attached to the box, which is awkward to hold and read when you only want to read the book. The box is always in the way. It really is stupid how the book is glued to a box. Anyone with children would understand how user unfriendly this is. We're returning this Playbox and would rather spend more on buying a proper separate book.
on 14 July 2015
Great book. Two words a page, big lovely colourful pictures that you can actually make up your own little additional stories from.

The vocabulary is great. Lots of words I unfortunately don't hear people say in daily life like 'meek'.

My 6 month old boy loves it and I think he will for a while.
on 13 January 2000
My young son (14-months) just adores this book. He can't read yet, of course, but he just turns the pages and is delighted by the brightly-coloured pictures. Every day, at some point, he will come up to me waving Dinosaur Roar in the air and when I say, 'shall I read this to you' his face just lights up. It's a great little book.
on 12 March 2009
My daughter loves this book. The dinosaurs are fun to look at, and the book helps her learn about opposites, ie slow/fast, clean/slimy. It is a book we read together and it is so simple that she is now reading part of it to me. I would recommend this to parents of pre-school children.
on 29 July 2014
Bought this book for my 21 month old who loves dinosaurs. This is a wonderful book, one of my favourite children's books so far. Fantastic illustrations with a simple but pleasing story of comparisons. My son asks for this to be read again and again.
on 2 April 2001
Dinosaur Roar has become a firm favourite at our pre school.Requested time and time again the rhythm of the vocabulary soon has the children hooked and chanting along with the adult reader. The gloriously drawn illustrations encourage comment and observation. An excellent book for sharing with the under fives and one the individual child enjoys re telling to themselves.