4.0 out of 5 stars The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel book 1
Fifteen year old Sophie is spending the summer working in a coffee shop while her twin brother Josh works in the book shop over the road. When she sees a strange car turn up outside the book shop she is worried for her brothers safety and goes over to check on him. She soon realises that both she & Josh have stumbled into a world of magic and placed themselves in great...
Published on 3 Aug. 2010 by Sarah (Feeling Fictional)

3.0 out of 5 stars "I am legend. Death has no claim over me, illness cannot touch me. . . For I am the immortal Nicholas Flamel".
THE ALCHEMYST is the beginning of a new children's series with magic firmly at its heart.

Sophie and Josh Newman are twins who are staying in San Francisco during the summer while their parents are on an archeological dig. Josh has a job at a small bookshop, Sophie works in a coffee shop directly across the road. On May 31st, their life changes forever as they...
Published on 26 Aug. 2008 by Brida

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 April 2012
This review is from: The Alchemyst: Book 1 (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel) (Paperback)
I actually bought this book for my niece for her birthday and decided to buy it for myself too. It's a cant put it down book full of mystery, intrigue and action and I loved it. The most important part for me was that it was so well researched and I could relate to the characters like Dr. John Dee bad knew the background this made it all the more worth while.
I have since read the Magician and an now onto the next one - it is indeed captivating and a work of art or maybe I should say " the great work"
I personally know how important it is to give Authors feedback especially in such good work.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Alchemist (Secrets of Nicholas Flammel), 22 Jun. 2009
Maggiebeth "Maggiebeth" (South Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Alchemyst (Paperback)
Really enjoyed this and am half way through the next. Am a great fan of this genre whether written for either adult or child. This is ecellent. Keep them coming!

3.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter?????, 22 Dec. 2013
Does anyone else think of Harry Potter?
As in Dumbledore's chocolate frog card, Sir Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the philosopher's stone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow Start but picks up pace, 30 Oct. 2007
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Whilst very slow in starting up, the tale does pick up and will soon have the reader glued to the pages as the tale develops. Wonderfully blending together, magic, science with a touch of myth and you have something very special for the reader, that will keep the reader enchanted throughout. A cracking novel and demonstrates that the author will improve with each successive novel if he continues to build upon the wonderful world that appears within these pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids!, 19 Feb. 2009
If you enjoy myth and fantasy this book is brilliant, I would think most Harry Potter fans would love it too. It starts slowly but gathers speed quickly. Whilst Harry Potter only briefly touched on the myth of Nicolas Flamel this book takes you in.

The only downside is like Harry Potter it is a series of books - the second being The Magician which is already available and the third due to be released in May 2009. I can't wait for the next instalment.......

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly fantastic read., 10 Sept. 2009
I must admit that I read number three in the series first, The Sorceress, but even that sparked my attention and I simply had to read the two prequels. And to be quite honest and fair this is prolly one of the few books who caught me into the story in a matter of pages. It starts off with a blast and it keeps amazing you all the way through it.

I wholeheartedly recommend this book for any who are interested in myths, legends and a spark of magic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Alchemyst, 2 Jan. 2010
Maya (Norway, Europe) - See all my reviews
Is a very interesting and good book for youth I warmly recomend. Language is esay enough to anyone who has studied English highschool level, so it is an ok book for non english speaking too. It keeps the reader on his /her toes. Suits to both girls and boys equally, both can identify in the caracters. One of the best youth books I read, should be on a film... ENJOY!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must, 15 Mar. 2014
Excellent story telling enjoy how history is woven into the story and mythological stories are made to seem real A good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 10 Feb. 2014
RD "RD" (Worthing WS) - See all my reviews
Good book. Story keeps rolling along and you want to know what happens next all the time. I would rate this author

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 25 July 2013
Read this in 3 days flat brilliant book I will be buying the next book and it probably will be read in 2 days flat read it

The Alchemyst: Book 1 (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel)