5.0 out of 5 stars Malorie does it again!
For all Malorie Blackman fans out there this certainly exceeds all expectations, a review does it no justice!
The reader is bought on Callie and Tobeys journey one which you don't want to end, but like all things it must.
Published on 9 Nov 2008 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing - what about sephy and callie?
Published 11 months ago by T. neill

5.0 out of 5 stars Malorie does it again!, 9 Nov 2008
Your left realing and trying to guess what happens next but like all good authors Blackman continuees to push boundaires and surprise the reader.
Although beautifully finished I'm hoping this isn't the last, say it isn't so!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Again, 21 Nov 2008
Claire Mill "Cem" (England) - See all my reviews
I have wanted there to be a further book in the Noughts and Crosses saga since I finished Checkmate. I always wanted to know for sure Callie and Toby were going to be together.

This book picks up a few weeks after the ending of Checkmate and follows Toby and Callie through some tough times. Having had nothing from Toby's persective before, it was really interesting learning more about him and finding things about him I wouldn't have guessed from Callie's view of him in Checkmate. As with the pervious books, you are really drawn in to the characters world and feel the ups and downs with them, understanding how they end up in the bad situations they do. Most of this book is from Toby's persective as you see him stuggling to accept that he's still seen as lower class and has no money for the things he wants (like college) because of it. The effects that has on his relationship with Callie, and most importantly how he views himself at the end of it all.

Really heartfelt, lots of twists and turns. Places you wouldn't expect it to go, yet is completely believeable. Despite being set in an alteritive world most of it is still possible, and present, in our world. Still makes you stop and think about things as the previous books have done without stopping it from being a great read. Highly recommend the whole series to anyone, teens and adults alike, as I think there is a lot that can be learned from them. Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME SEQUAL, 6 Nov 2008
Mr. JG Murdey "Oh Yeah !" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
Malorie has done it again. Double Cross has so many twists and turns in it's plot line, it's a superb read. One Note. Don't read this if you have work tomorrow, i was up til 4 am reading this...

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripped, gripped, gripped, 8 Nov 2008
A Kid's Review
Review by Daniel Patterson Age 12
I loved this book as it was full of shocks and things that make you go, "what the...!" The main characters follow on from the last book, Checkmate, with the introduction of one more main character, Toby. Totally gripped, couldn't put this book down, it is now doing the rounds of my friends, I even had to fight my mum for it! A must read for all teens.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing - what about sephy and callie?, 14 Aug 2013
T. neill - See all my reviews
This review is from: Double Cross: Book 4 (Noughts And Crosses) (Paperback)
Such a disappointing read, I loved the previous 3 books and the characters within them, these are barely mentioned within thus book. The character of Toby is dull especially when compared to previous characters in other books. I skipped through the last 1/3 of chapters as quite frankly I couldn't care less about boring tobey or the plan plot, I wanted to read about callie rose and sephy, the liberation militia etc. It is such a shame as I feel that this book was an unnecessary add on and the series would have been far better left a trilogy.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book to make you think, 9 Jan 2011
This review is from: Double Cross: Book 4 (Noughts And Crosses) (Paperback)
Bought this for my son, 12, as he's been reading the series. I've read them too. The books deal with growing up in a world that feeds on racial predjudice. They cover many of the negative things we've seen happen in our society without forgetting to show that there are honourable people out there too. a good read, makes you think.

4.0 out of 5 stars Double Cross, 31 Aug 2010
This review is from: Double Cross: Book 4 (Noughts And Crosses) (Paperback)
item took a while to arrive but my 11 years old daughter enjoyed the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 11 Nov 2009
Rachel (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have mixed thoughts about this book. Although it was captivating, enjoyable and full of lots of great character development, I had thought that the series was suitably finished at the end of #3. After all, it's been several years since I read the book, and although I had originally thought (upon finishing #3) "Oh, I wonder who Callie chooses - Lucas or Tobey?" the thought didn't bother me for long.
I enjoyed reading about Callie and Tobey, but I really missed Sephy. I definitely prefer the original Noughts & Crosses couple! The plot was exciting and fast-paced, not to mention poignant - but also very sad. This book did sort of have a happy ending but a lot of sad stuff happened before then, and I actually think #3 ended on a slightly happier note. But, of course, it would be terrible to give a N&C novel less than 5 stars on Amazon, and it was compelling and well-written, but I suppose it's more like 4.5 stars compared to the 5 stars of the original trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Double Cross, 12 Mar 2009
A must read for all Malorie Blackman fans. Great book for teenagers. Can't wait for the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty immense!, 29 Jan 2009
Mrs. M. Swallow "Sarah x" (England, Yorkshire.) - See all my reviews
wow! Ive read all of this series and couldnt put any of the books down. I found them all a fantastic read. the worst part? finishing it! i thouroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone (mature enough to read it ofc).
Malorie Blackman has proved to be a fantastic writer of truely origional, new and captivating reads. I havnt been able to put any of the books down, this one especially. Makes you laugh, and draws you into a very real world that you dont want to leave. Fantastic in my opionion. But find out for yourself!!!
Emotional and keeps you on the edge of your seat at times! Its well worth your time if you enjoyed her other books. :)Double Cross (Noughts & Crosses)

Double Cross: Book 4 (Noughts And Crosses)
Double Cross: Book 4 (Noughts And Crosses) by Malorie Blackman (Paperback - 6 Aug 2009)
5.59