5.0 out of 5 stars A monster and a little girl share an adventure., 8 Jan 2001
By A Customer
I really liked this book because it was about a little girl who liked telling stories, and when she met a monster at her school, he did too! I think that Jacqueline Wilson is really good at describing her ideas. I think that the idea was good and I think that it is a funny little story because things that you could only imagine, are real in Monster world, like money growing on trees.This book is mainly for younger readers because the vocabulary is simple and so is the story, but I think that older readers,like myself will find it a nice, easy, pleasant read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 3 Jan 2010
light (brighton) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Monster Story-Teller (Paperback)
I bought this for my son who is 7 and a little bit "behind" in his reading ( compared to the majority of his class)he also dislikes fiction books generally (unless it is Roald Dahl). I remembered reading this with one of my older children at about my son's age and that they had easily managed to read and enjoy it.

My son thoroughly enjoyed this book - it is proper paperback size with chapters but nice large print, thick creamy pages (which some dyslexia specialists think helps)and very cute illustrations. At first he wanted me to read it - he was a bit frightened that it was a proper book but he soon took it off me and started to read it himself.
It is a very engaging tale of a young girl who tells tales to outdo the boasting of what her school mates got up to at weekend ( a forerunner of Tracey Beaker perhaps?) and tells tales to the teacher and gets in trouble. She meets a very small alien who has bunked school to come to earth for fun and who magically transforms her into his size and takes her to see his planet and then brings her back where she retells her adventure to her classmates. A storyteller comes to class that afternoon (basically jacqueline herself)and starts to tell a story which lo and behold is our heroines story!
My son didn't really like this ending, but he really liked the alien and the naughtiness of the children. He was also very proud of the fact he had read a proper chapter book with no difficulty - result!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jodie Harris has written a book review for you!, 6 May 2008
L. Thayer "MRS THAYER'S CLASS" (Letchworth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Monster Story-Teller (Paperback)
The Monster Story Teller is a excellent book to read. Natalie and the Monster are the main characters in this exciting story. Natalie is up to mischief all the time but I don't like her when she's naughty, although it's extremely funny! Another character in the book is Mr Hunter. He is a mean and grumpy character! The story takes place at St Marys School and on Monster Planet. It's about a girl who makes friends with a monster and after a half hour sleep she finds herself on Monster Planet !!!! My favourite part of the story was when Natalie met the Monster. This book is very funny and exciting. I like the way the author wrote the book because it's extremely funny. Here are some interesting words the author used: `stupendous' and `mascot'. I would recommend this book because it is a great book to read but watch out for the twist at the end!!!!! (You have been warned!)

5.0 out of 5 stars A monster story, 10 Mar 2008
N. Moore "Wessex Gardens Y3" (Golders Green) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Monster Story-Teller (Paperback)
This book has a flying monster, year 3 think this book is good for children aged 6-9. Children will enjoy this funny book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 17 Jan 2014
Suzanne Cornyn "cornynthecob" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is an awesome book you should totally read it.There isn't much words to describe it but here's one awesome

4.0 out of 5 stars Monster, 12 Jan 2014
It was 4/5. I loved the name Natalie . The monster is very small and funny. And the Teacher looks very funny when he's mad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Monster story teller, 11 Jan 2014
My daughter loves this book, really bold bright illustrations, good chapter lengths to introduce her to longer books still in a fun way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 9 Nov 2013
My 6 year old loved it and was really interested in reading some more just like it. Highly recommended by us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mst review, 15 Jun 2013
Such a classic story I recommend this book strongly to young readers. I remember the first time I had this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 23 April 2013
I bought this book for my son and he loves it.
Zoeandnigel and Spencer and Spencer Pratt and Spencer Pratt

The Monster Story-Teller
The Monster Story-Teller by Jacqueline Wilson (Paperback - 13 Mar 2008)
3.99