Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 June 2014
This was a Hart warming and touching book. it was life like and has probably happen to a family before. The writing was brilliant it felt like I was in the book there with the characters. There comforting pearl and there falling with Jodie. Some parts made me cry some made me laugh and some made me squeak like a mouse with excitement.

I think over 10s will love this book. If you ever get a chance to read any of Jacqueline Wilson`s books grab the opportunity.
on 10 April 2014
I can't even....
I'll review this story later after I've finished crying loudly in the corner.
So heartfelt and sad! It's beautiful and amazing, but it'll render you speechless once you've finished. The ending is so unexpected!

Recommended to age 11 - 15
on 30 January 2013
I liked this book though it is quite sad so I would recommend it to older readers 8-11. Otherwise I thought it was brilliant and very exciting,dramatic and full of humour very,very funny!!!!! Read it!!!!!!!
on 25 March 2014
Wow what a twist at the end! It almost made me cry. If only she hadn't gone up the tower she'd still be alive. I enjoyed it because it really was a powerful book. I would recommend it to 10 yrs + as it may give younger children night mares. Also, I'd recommend it to Jacky Wilson lovers as its another brilliant book of hers... WELL DONE JACQUELINE WILSON!!!!
on 27 September 2015
My sister Jodie is an amazing book. I fell in love with the character, Jodie, and I cried for ages when the sad part happened. At least it happened at the end, because if it wasn't, I might not have been able to read the rest of it. This book is supposed to be for over twelve, but that is just because there is a depressing part in it. There is not much more inappropriate parts in it, just the occasional reference to the mixed gender stuff, but nothing too serious.
on 23 December 2015
This book is AMAZING!! It has a sad ending but before that it is great! It is about two girls called Jodie and Pearl who are sisters and Pearl adores Jodie even though she can be quite bossy at times. Jodie is crazy sometimes and goes off, without telling anyone, to get her hair dyed orange. She drinks alcohol and goes to all night parties with her mates from Moorcroft which is a bad school. Jodie also bunks off school and learns hardly anything. Sh gets nagged by mum but favoured by dad. Things change for her when she moves schools.

But Pearl is competely different. She is easily scared and sometimes a bit pathetic. She almost always has her head in a book. She is very clever and mostly top of the class but when she moves schools she isn't always top of the class.

At the end of the book there is an accident...
on 11 March 2014
This book is great and I totally recommend buying it at the end it is really sad and at some points a little scary overall this book is the best jaquline Wilson book I have read so far. Pearl is a year 7 girl and is great at all subjects and then there is Jodie a senior that is Pearls big sister that is great with little children!
on 20 January 2013
An amazing book but the ending is very sad I know it is Jaqueline Wilson's style of writing but very very poor in that respect I thought this book would be good but it makes you cry when that horrible Jed runs the poor badger cub over. I don't like it how Jodie (my favourite character) dies.

Could be much better
on 12 December 2015
Jackline Wilson is my favorite author, however this book was very depressing and sad it also made me cry at the end and stoped me from getting to sleep.The reoson i cried (I don't usualy cry when readng books) is becuse I got very attached to the main charactor throughout nearly all of the book then in the last page a very breif discription of her death.Also i felt it draged on and on of the same thing : Jodie does somethin wrong ,mum gets angry. last i felt i could not read the book again because when you know what happens and that makes the hole plot very bad.

jackline i feel you cold have done alot better.however carry on writing books just dont plot it like this!;)
Frankie 11
on 8 June 2012
I like this book but not the illustrations. The cartoon style doesnt suit the book and readers can imagine things in their heads btw. Its about how a girl is dependent on her sister, then her sister falls out of a tall building and her mum has a baby so now she has to be a big sister. HOwever, all this happened very close to the end and felt a bit rushed. I think that is JW had started with just after Jody dieing with lots of flashbacks it would be a better book. Also, sometimes Pearl the narrator got on my nerves a bit. She doent see all the care her parents give her, just following jody around. When she receives a notebooks for her birthday, she looks at the blank pages and asks where the story is. She's 11 not 3!
Apart from that I liked this a lot. I just wish Peral was not as pathetic.