5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
This book is amazing I would recommend it for slightly older people though some younger like 8/9 year old might find it ok. It my favourite book. But warning be ready to cry
Published on 28 Oct. 2012 by Amazing

Published on 29 Aug. 2012 by Trainee Teacher

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 28 Oct. 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars My Sister Jodie - a great book, 25 Jan. 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Hardcover)
I am 10 years old and i know you therefore might not find my review very helpful but do carry on reading as i can give you some advice.
This book is really good as it follows all the current Jacqueline Wilson principles: real life matters that we all know of. It is really entertaining and I couldn't put it down. In fact I loved it so much that in 5 days I had finished it. That might put some parents off but don't let it because after a matter of time you could read it all over again and still absolutely love it
I would most definitely urge you to buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 5 star!!! Buy this Book!, 28 Jun. 2008
R. Forssman (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Hardcover)
My Sister Jodie is a fantastic book. It is a book that once you pick up you can't put down. I love it! I would recommend it to people who like sudden surprises in books; or just love reading and Jacqueline Wilson. It has an unusual ending that is sudden. I'd probably recommend it for readers aged 10 and up. Defnitley buy this book. It's really interesting!

3.0 out of 5 stars Definately consider reading this book yourself before giving it to your children!!!, 29 Aug. 2012
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Paperback)
As a trainee teacher, I have been reading a range of childrens books over the summer to get ideas for teaching. Although I really enjoyed this book, I would be very catious using it in a classroom! I listened to this book as an audiobook and was so shocked with swearing during one part I had to rewind the story to check I wasnt hearing it wrong. The word t**t was used three times on one page!! I thing this is VERY inappropriate being aimed at 10 year olds. Additionally, themes of teen pregnancy, boys and death are prominant.
On a positive note this book was very enjoyable, I would probably recommend using it with a year 7 class, but I will certainly not be using it with my primary children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 20 Oct. 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Hardcover)
I absoulutley loved this book!
Pearl is quiet and relies on Jodie her older sister who is bad, boysterus and gets into LOTS of trouble. Their mum and Dad get new jobs at a posh boarding school far away. Jodie has always been the bold one but Pearl is the one that is making progress at school and making lots of new friends. Pearl doesn't rely on Jodie as much as she used to. But Jodie seems to be getting into more and more trouble wither every day.........
This was the best book I have ever read By Jaqueline Wilson or maybe even the best book i have ever read! It was the perfect book for me! x

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved the book it..the last two chapters recked the book!, 4 Aug. 2009
A. rochfort - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Paperback)
I started to read the book and the first chapter I couldnt really get into it but once I got to the second chapter.. Wow what can I say it was fab! I could not put the book down, but the way it was wrote was like a fantasy that you were going to experience along with Pearl and Jodie throug out the book! Pearl & Jodie get along so well, the have their ups and downs but they get over so quick. Jodie is always getting in trouble so easily but yet she can work things out so nicely, Pearl is always the brainy one and never really gets in trouble, but as I started to read about how Jodie had got in trouble for telling the little boys a scary hallaween storie that made them scream throught out the night I felt upset as Jodie is always so good to children. On bonfire night when every on was outside, (this is the last two chapters)Jodie tried to show the little boys there was no such things as ghosts by going up the tower in a freaky white dress, everyone was watching the fireworks when they all spoted Jodie, every one started to scream as Jodie fell out a huge tower window and died. I enjoyed the book so much but tose last two chapters reck the book. Even though it was only a book I started to cry and I was so found of Jodie and then SHE DIED!! Pearl Jodies litte sister was so found of her.I was enyoying the book so much and then my eyes filled with water... I still recomend all readers to buy this book bot only if ....you are ready for a thrill, and a heartbreaking ending! If any girls want to buy this book who have an older sister this book will make you actually know how much she does for you and you will probally not want her to go near any windows which is upstairs and you will want to prtect her. I am the youngest in my family and I only have an older brother no older or younger sister and I know how all my friends would say oh my sister is terrible , I hate her, I wish I never had her.... well I know now to tell my friends from now on how much you should appreciate your older sisters!ANY OLDER SISERS WHO READ THIS SHOW IT TO YOUR YOUNGER SISTER AND EVEN IF I DONT KNOW YOU, YOU MUST BE BRILLIANT. this was wrote by a girl who was heart broken from this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, thought-provoking, touching & sad... suited more to teenagers & older readers, 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Kindle Edition)
Jacqueline Wilson possesses a unique talent for being able to write stories that entice & grab the readers attention, whilst creating characters that are both realistic & relatable. I've been a fan of JW's books since I was a kid & she has never failed to deliver fantastic stories that will make you laugh, cry & perch on the edge of your seat with suspense. She has a fantastic knack of tackling difficult subjects & issues head-on, in a sensitive & thoughtful manner & her books are brilliant for both young & older readers alike.

My Sister Jodie is a book that is more suited for teenagers, as it does contain some more "graphic" issues such as relationships, bullying & death. The main character, Pearl, is likeable but very innocent, & the story is portrayed from her point-of-view. The whole book is both funny & thought-provoking throughout, & I very much enjoyed reading about Jodie's escapades & the difficulties she faces trying to fit in at the snobby Melchester College.

Like I said, it is more suited to older readers though as it does have some subjects such as Jodie developing a relationship with an older man, & descriptions of her provocative behaviour. The ending had me in tears- I honestly did not expect that it would end the way it did!!! It was beautifully written though, & extremely touching, & it gave a real insight on how Pearl felt after losing someone so important to her, as well as her worries & feelings towards her new baby sister. Despite the fact that losing Jodie was incredibly painful, the way that Pearl writes to her little sister how she will always protect her & look after her, & one day tell her all about the big sister she loved so much, is truly touching.

I have seen several comments on here from irate mothers & parents who think this book is awful & how it frightened their children ect... at the end of the day this book deals with some very real issues, which many children & teenagers today face. These issues are handled in a sensitive & thought-provoking way, there is no swearing or graphic sexual content, & if they are really that fussed about sheltering their children from the real world then they should censor everything that their child reads, watches on TV & discusses with their friends as nowadays most people are more open & honest about discussing difficult & hard-to-discuss subjects, & I have seen much worse content in some kids TV shows than what has been adressed in this book. JW's books help the reader to understand subjects that some kids may face, in a gentle & sensitive manner, which I found when I was younger helped me to empathise more & understand why some things may happen in real life.

All in all this is a must-read for teens & adults alike, as the authour is a truly talented writer & her books are fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars achingly sad, left me crying for ages, exeptionally brilliant, 19 Jun. 2014
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Kindle Edition)
I read this book in about 2 days max. I enjoyed it thoroughly, carefully subsiding the rude parts - a warning to parents who may be buying this for a young child it may be unsuitable- It was an enjoyable read for me at the age of 11, but when the accident happened I was crying non stop until midnight at the least. Do not be disturbed or put off by this comment, as I am a very sensitive person and even when the badger died I was crying my heart out. I don't know how to put this book into words to explain how wonderful it is, if I did you would be reading for hours on end, so im just going to say this; My sister Jodie is an excellent, inspiring book, and has an understanding moral with a good meaning. Jodie lived a life full of lies, was teased because of her look and what she does, but none of this affected her. Her mum is always telling her off, sometimes for the things she has done, sometimes vice versa. The joke she tried playing was set up in a very dangerous tower, in the same dress and the same tower of which a lady fell and ended up crippled. This trick went terribly wrong. (spoiler alert) and it cost her life, along with many heartbreaks.

Jodie and pearl are inseparable sisters. Jodie is boystrerous and spends most of her time drinking, bunking off school and getting peircings. Meanwhile, pearl, is quiet, confident and often teased. When the family gets an amazing chance to go and live next to the girls new school, Jodie is reluctant, pearl is mystified. At this new school, things have turned around for Jodie and for Pearl, although Jodie has been keeping secrets... Many girls tease her now, but she doesn't care. When her ghost story ends her up losing her new found love, she plays a trick in the most dangerous tower in the school, the one of which left Mrs Wilberforce crippled... When the trick goes dead wrong, The family end up being heartbroken, losing someone they loved... Maybe moving house wasn't so much of a good idea...

4.0 out of 5 stars My sister Jodie, 20 Jun. 2014
S. MORRIS (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Kindle Edition)
This was a Hart warming and touching book. it was life like and has probably happen to a family before. The writing was brilliant it felt like I was in the book there with the characters. There comforting pearl and there falling with Jodie. Some parts made me cry some made me laugh and some made me squeak like a mouse with excitement.

I think over 10s will love this book. If you ever get a chance to read any of Jacqueline Wilson`s books grab the opportunity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely emotional!, 13 Mar. 2008
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Hardcover)
I read this book in less than a week. I am a fan of Jacqueline Wilson and have read many of her books. This is my favourite so far. It tells the tale of two sisters and their relationship together. Jodie is the bold daring and cheeky sister and Pearl is the shy quiet one who relies on her sister to speak up for her.
This story has been a roller coaster ride of emotions for me. I strongly recommend it. Jessica S age 11

My Sister Jodie
My Sister Jodie by Jacqueline Wilson (Paperback - 12 Mar. 2009)