‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant, 3 Dec 2001
By A Customer
After reading Harry Potter i felt it was the best series of books in the world! It really captured my imagination. I never thought that anything that happened in it would happen (readers will know what i mean). It was so good no other book comes close. It was really very very very touching. I never thought books could take you away from your real life like these ones do.
Victoria (aged 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better and better!, 18 April 2002
Amazon Customer "Bones" (Newcastle-on-Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I should say that I'm a little (?) older than most readers, but just as captivated by this fabulous writer.
The 3rd book in the series is the fattest one yet, maybe getting just a little too big for the younger reader... But anyone hooked on the previous two books will not care - they will only wish it were even longer!
Read the prequel to learn more about Cloud Wolf.
Paul stewart's imagination is unleashed in this episode - there are more strange creatures, people and beasts than ever - and Chris Riddell's illustrations get better & better - I WISH I could draw like that!
I can't wait for the next volume ... will it be about Twig or Cowlquape?

5.0 out of 5 stars Can Paul Stewart Get Any Better?, 4 Sep 2001
By A Customer
I think it must be impossible for Paul Stewart to write a bad 'Edge Chronicles' book. This series of books has captured my imagination and emotions. In this book Twig goes on a journey to recover his lost crew and ends up back in the deepwoods. I really enjoyed this book because it takes place all over the Edge continent. You get to finally find out what happened to Twigs' father and you also get to visit a slave market in the deepest part of the deepwoods. I am glad to hear that Paul Stewart/Chris Riddell are bringing out another big book ( Cloud Wolf wasn't that big after all). All I can say to them is, keep writing them please. You have got a lot of fans!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 14 Nov 2005
gigglegirl (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
As the third instalment in 'The Edge Chronicals' this is the best I have read so far. I have only read the first three books but I am serching on Amazon for the next few books for my Christmas present.
Thisis about young skypirate captain Twig (one of the amazing names in this book) who sets out to find his skypirate captain, father nicknamed Cloud Wolf and his lost crew that he lost in a terrible storm. He takes on an orphan (young Coulquape)as his aprentice. Together they set out to find Twig's crew and save the floatng city of Sanctaprax from the trecharous Mother Storm.
I am 12 years old but I think anyone above that age would enjoy this book too. With Paul Stewart's amazing way of writing and Chris Riddell's enchanting black and white drawings this is a book you will want to read over and over again. Thumbs up to this book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 16 May 2001
By A Customer
I really like this trilogy, it's full of suspense, amazing characters and brilliantly thought of places. I become so absorbed in the fascinating world of Twig and co I completely lose all sense of real life and jump into the fantasy and mystery of the edgeworld.. Buy them all, you'll be absoloutely astounded!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 13 July 2004
Jennifer Abbott (Franklin, Maine United States) - See all my reviews
The Edge Chronicles are Dr. Seuss in novel form. They are just brilliant. Paul Stewart creates wonderful creatures and natural laws and describes them in such a way that you don't even think to question them. Chris Riddel's illustrations are just as wonderful. Midnight over Sanctaphrax, continuing the harrowing adventures of young sky pirate captain Twig and introducing scholar/apprentice Cowlquape, is by far one of the best Edge Chronicles in the series. So happy reading, and to Paul and Chris: keep on writing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, the best I have ever read this month!, 21 May 2001
By A Customer
Twig, now a sky pirate captain, finally finds his father, only to say goodbye... but before Cloud Wolf disappears, he tells Twig something. Mother Earth is returning, to refill the almost empty supply of Riverrise water, and Sanctaphrax must be unchained for her to reach there. Otherwise her strength would be wasted on the object impending her, and the Edgelands will dry out, and so all life will be destroyed...the problem is, the moment Cloud Wolf and his ship disappeared, there was an explosion, and Twig and his crew were scattered, each somewhere in the Edgelands...and all have forgotten what had happened on the Stormchaser, save the Stone Pilot- but she is far, far away... and time is running out......... Thumbs up! A must read, with a moral as well- No matter what happens, just believe in yourself, and most of all, follow your heart...

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 8 Mar 2004
Luke Thornton (Bradford, England) - See all my reviews
Paul Stewart captures our thrill once again in his third title of the edge chronicles. His imagination goes beyond and takes us into the world of the edge. In the underground there are drunken trolls but in Sancthaphrax it is a clean place with enourmous buildings. Previous books from the edge chronicles were Beyond the deepwoods and Stormchaser. If you like fantasy read this book. Its a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boy reading heaven, 8 Jun 2010
This review is from: The Edge Chronicles 6: Midnight Over Sanctaphrax: Third Book of Twig (Paperback)
My son aged 9 was a good reader when he started with the Edge Chronicles series and the illustrations and dialogue have helped turn him into a voracious appreciator of the written, illustrated word. He loves Chris Riddell's work. He read the books in the series of three books in which they were written (I believe) and I could barely keep up with him in terms of having the next book there for him. He read the biggest book first (600 + pages) which in turn inspired me to read Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. (this year's Booker Prize winning historical novel) I know I'd have put off buying it because of it's size. I'm very happy to have been inspired to lift the bar of my own reading challenge by my 9 year old son!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and enchanting, 19 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This book enchanted me beyond belief.Its Gnomes and monsters fascinated me. Twig a young skypirate captin would do enything for his crew, he is daring and can be somtimes stupid. Theo Moore, aged 9

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›