5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Ptolemy's Gate (Paperback)
Quality end to a brilliant series (Although I think there's another episode now...)

4.0 out of 5 stars A very fitting ending, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Ptolemy's Gate (Paperback)
It had been a long time ago since I read the Golem's Eye (previous book in the series), so it took me a little bit to remember the characters and the order of events from the previous two books.

Nevertheless it is an enjoyable read, but one that I would strongly advice to be read in order and not as a stand alone book. The book is good by itself, but the vital references to previous events and characters would leave you feeling a bit short on the story.

I liked the ending and I think (without giving anything away) that Mr Stroud is a rather brave man for doing the right thing. Some people will disagree with me, but I thought it was an ending true to the story and the characters. If you disagree, well, you are entitled to your opinion and your personal tastes.

A book that I enjoyed and a series that I would recommend, but bear in mind that it is YA Fantasy fiction and judge it accordingly and fairly.

As a final note, I was glad to see that there is one more book (The ring of Solomon) in the series and I will be looking out for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars bartimaeus trilogy, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Ptolemy's Gate (Paperback)
i love the bartimaeus trilogy, its exciting and i also like the way bartolomea has his sarcastic/humour slotted inbetween the story.. i also like jonathan stroud style of writing..

Ptolemy's Gate
Ptolemy's Gate by Jonathan Stroud (Paperback - 5 Oct 2006)