on 19 May 2013
I thought this Jacqueline Wilson book was really good. I definitely recommend it to older readers around the age of 11, 12, 13 and up. Also in my opinion this book is a life lesson because it doesn't matter what you look like and it doesn't matter if you're fat. This book talks about things like being Bulimic and Anorexic so that's why I recommended it to older readers.
Overall brilliant book!
on 30 April 2014
This book is absolutely amazing and totally readable . It's about these three girls who have problems with their life . Magda is having problems with boys , Nadine is having problems with her modelling career and Ellie's having problems with her weight . It's a great read for teenagers . EPIC BOOK !!!
on 3 April 2013
The story is about a girl named Ellie.She thinks she is fat,when she is really just curvy and compares herself to her friends,tall glamorous Magda and skinny gothic Nadine.She goes on a mad diet and lives on cottage cheese and celery for weeks so she can be very slim.She meets a girl named Zoe,who she realizes is very anorexic and ends up in hospital.Ellie makes herself sick every time she eats a big meal and ends up nearly bulimic and anorexic.
I read this book when I was 11 and to be honest I didn't like it much...Jacqueline Wilson's other books are so much better.And Ellie was very annoying..
on 21 August 2012
I absolutely adore this book, in fact I love all the Girls Series from Jacqueline Wilson! She creates such characters that you can relate to and really delves into the thoughts and emotions of a teenage girl. I loved these books when I was growing up & I still read them now in my 20's, Jacqueline Wilson really absorbs you into the story & really makes you feel the circumstances of the book.

I bought this book on my brand new kindle touch, I'd lost my Girls series a long time ago & eagerly bought the series right away the second I turned my kindle on! I was desperately disappointed in the quality, there were spelling mistakes on nearly every third page & sometimes the sentences were almost unreadable due to the amount of mistakes. This really put me off as I think that Wilson is such a fantastic writer & the mistakes made by Amazon really took the magic out. Considering how expensive kindle books are, you'd think that they wouldn't be as careless with someone's work. I wouldn't buy a movie that had scratches all over the disc so why should I have to put up with a book that has spelling errors?

Sort it out Amazon, you're wasting it for us book lovers!
on 7 April 2013
I really liked this book because it is showing anyone who has read it-if you think your fat don't go anorexic! Eat a balanced diet but just exercise!! I only rated this 3 star because I really wanted to know if zoe got well!! There is many more things we needed to know and if they were added in it would of made the book more wonderful and more exciting!

Well done jaqualine!
on 29 December 2013
i choose this rateing because the auther discribes the chartchers so good i can picture it in my mind and the story its self is fabulus the best bit is where anna asks if shes pregnant then anorexic but the other bits are also good thats my discribion of this unterly fabulous book i recommend this
on 2 August 2006
There is no other way you can describe this book. This book tells the story of the slightly overweight teenager Ellie. She feels outshadowed by her skinny and "boy magnet" friends Magda and Nadine. When a girl at the shopping mall tells Ellie that she is fat it is the last straw and she goes on a diet and ends up developing an eating disorder.

THis is a very real story about eating disorders one that anyone who has had friends with eating disorders can relate to very well. Although there are some very low moments in Ellies story you put the book down feeling very refreshed.

A must read for teenage girl with low self confidence - or anyone really
on 10 February 2014
My 10 year old daughter loves Jacqueline Wilson and said this was as good as any books of hers that she has read. She enjoys the mix of emotions and finds many parts funny and feels that the story is very current with themes she can relate to.
on 20 July 2014
Whilst this book covers the normal teenage boy issues it also looks at eating disorders.

For a teenager i can see how it beings being normal and the fact that these disorders are out there it doesn't cover the deeper issue behind them. You also don't magically get better, with these types of disorder it takes a long time to get better. Ellie's dad also didn't help much with her issues treating it all as a joke.

It was good how the girls still were there for each other, each helping each other out with their own issues. It still seems to me however that Ellie is the glue that holds the girls together as friends.
on 20 September 2014
I really liked this book because it was so powerful and it was something that some people could relate to in real life. I believe that the illustrations were also amazing as well as the fabulous story itself. I would recommend this book to around the age group of around 11-14