Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 December 2009
Great text for teaching children that even though we are different in many ways, there are also many ways in which we are the same. Lovely ideas and ideal for the early years.
on 21 November 2013
The focus is on differences in the lives of several young children who live in different countries and cultures. However most of the examples seem are a bit odd, example: "Child A wears open toe sandals", "Child B wears shoes", "But they both wear sports shoes in gym class at school".
Aside from being an absurd comparison to make; this is also (surely) factually incorrect, as it's likely that Child A goes to a school where there are no sports shoes, or gymnasiums.
I can see the author's intentions, but the book feels like a missed opportunity.
on 14 June 2010
This 16 page book is easy to read and very colourful. I purchased this book for my toddler and she seems to thoroughly enjoy it to the point she can tell me (as best she can) what each page is about in the book. It has pictures of children of all races discribing the differences as well as the things in common. Judging by my toddlers responce to this book I will say it is a good buy.
on 25 November 2012
A perfect book to run alongside my Colours and Celebrations topic with Reception children! Simple but effective text and gorgeous illustrations.
on 28 October 2013
I am a childminder so find this type of book invaluable in my work, although my granddaughter was not very interested in it (she loves to read the new books I buy and that is usually a good guideline for me).
on 11 June 2013
Bought for a class of 4/5 year olds, they were enthralled when I read it to them. We were able to discuss similarities and differences. and I felt sure that they learnt a lot from it.
on 12 January 2013
lovely book with beautiful illustrations. good for nursery upto year one children.

z x c v b n m m
on 4 June 2013
It's a good book but not a book to leave around to be handled by children alone. Hardback would be better for children under 4, I would have liked thicker paper as it's not something I can have in the reading corner of my Childcare setting.
on 7 August 2013
I will use this book in my ESL (English 2nd language) class as we learn cultures and geography. It's a well made paperback. Large in size. Bigger than a sheet of paper I'd say. Pleasantly surprised as flipped through it.
on 25 November 2014
Brought for my pre-school

A good book to help small children understand the similarities and differences between themselves and other children around the world