I like that these books are set mainly in Scotland. They come with a loch monster, midges, crumbling castles and so on.
The cast list in this book is quite long and the story has been well under way in three previous books, but the mother of this family is a student witch, her kids, husband, butler, nanny and so on put up with her and we don't see where they get their money. There are various creatures around such as a talking tarantula, a scaredy dragon and a centaur.
In this book there is also a demon which I found the weakest part; mainly it came across as padding. And a new butler arrives and acts suspiciously.
Some bits are quite funny and others are not. I think it would be best suited to fans of the series, and there is quite a bit of violence.
on 24 April 2011
My daughter loves this series of books. Dunno what they're about be she can't get enough of 'em. Product arrived quickly and in a good condition so happy to recommend.