Format: PaperbackChange

on 11 August 2010
Absolutely LOVED this book - Bali Rai is an extremely talented writer, the story is heartbreakingly brilliant, and I cried SO much! Was SO hooked that I read it all within one day... and I've never read a book in one day before - once you start you won't be able to put it down! Really wish he would rewrite the ending though ;-)
on 8 February 2010
One of the best books I've ever read!! Indian Romeo & Juliet.. Totally gripping from start to finish could not put the book down .. I haven't read many books but I would recommend this book strongly to anyone who wants a truly good read.

Bargain for the price less than a fiver.. money well worth spending..

Buy it you wont regret it.

Rani and Sukh
on 24 April 2012
I bought this book because it was compared to Romeo and Juliet. Firstly, you cannot compared Rani and Sukh to Romeo and Juliet; it is not on par with it.
I did like the separate sections from Sukh, Rani etc however they were not always presented through the 1st person and the charactes eyes, as it was a mere continuation of the story to maintain "the flow". At times the plot was very predictable, which meant there was no real reason to continue with the book, knowing for well what would happen.Certain parts were over the top and lowered the tone. What kid impersonates a police officer?
The writer opened the book with a great deal of suspense, tension and drama, which ended abruptly and jumped to the present day. This was my favourite part and from there on, it was a little disappointing and bland.
If you are looking for a quick read(though the "ghetto-slang" becomes very irritating and sloppy after a while), easy plot to follow, nothing complex or too taxing, a vague insight to Indian culture then this is a good book for you.
on 24 April 2005
I absolutely love this book, it was such a good read I just couldn't put it down. The way the story evolves from a small love affair to something dating right back to the Punjab is awesome. The author really gets to grip with the reality in Asian households. I would recommend this to everyone.
on 15 January 2011
OMG I love this book!! I couldn't put the book down, it's definately the indian Romeo and Juliet. Bali Rai has written this story so well, from both a male and female views which everyone can relate to. I cried sooo much at the end. Recommended for readers of all ages.
on 30 August 2012
A brilliant read. What more can i say.

Don't want to say anything else unless i give the plot away.

Read it NOW.
on 7 April 2011
Just like others when I first opned this book I read it cover to cover and could not get myself to put it down! It is written in such a way you can relate to the story as a British asain and I could relate myself to the characters. This book is an easy read and any age or ethnicity would enjoy. Bali Rai is a top author.
on 26 December 2011
I couldn't put this book down, I even took it to work with me to carry on reading it. The emotion, drama and tension in this book is just mind blowing. In some parts of the book, it felt like I could relate to the characters which made it more interesting for me. I would recommend this book to anyone
on 23 April 2012
I was very impressed with this order. It arrived to me quickly and when promised. I purchased a new copy and it was in perfect condition, no rips on the cover or torn pages or anything! Also a very good read, like nothing i have read before, an interesting romance that i enjoyed.
on 17 August 2004
This book is great, it almost made me cry, and i wish there was a happier ending. This book is almost as good as (un)arranged marriage. Bali Rai is a great author, look out for some more great stuff by him!