Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 January 2001
Ian Beck manages to breathe fresh life into this favourite poem with his illustrations. As a primary teacher I have discovered it fires the imagination of young children, we have made passports, suitcases, honey sandwiches, pea green boats. We've written letters for bottles, postcards and wobbly poems that look like waves. I could go on and on! Needless to say each time it is read it is thoroughly enjoyed and something new discovered.Now just what is a bong tree...........
on 3 July 2000
Ian Beck's illustrations make this a delightful book. It's great to be able to share a poem that meant so much to me as a child with my own children. The way the words fit the pictures, the brilliant "year and a day" page, all contribute to a wonderful book for any child.
on 19 August 2012
This Edward Lear classic was one of my faourite poems as a child, and I bought this edition to read to my grandchildren. It is an excellent introduction to poetry with a simple but exotic tale, enriched with absolutely splendid illustrations by Ian Beck. The "year and a day" double-page spread is very imaginative - and incidentally instructive. I enjoyed reading it to my six-year old grand-daughter: she enjoyed both the story and the pictures. I think she will soon be reading it to her younger brother.
on 17 March 2009
My son is 18mths and loves this book, we have read it so many times he now knows when to say some of the words if I pause!

Would definately recommend this book.
on 15 June 2009
I had been scouring book stores for months and couldn't find it so needless to say I was delighted to find it and my grandson was thrilled to finally have it.
on 28 July 2013
It is a present for my 24 year old grandaughter, I used to read it to her every saturday when she stayed with me our favourite book
on 8 November 2013
A beautifully illustrated classic poem, our grandchildren choose to have this read to them again and again, We always spot something else in the pictures.
on 4 September 2009
Thank you for ending the product in such a great condition and so quickly. Excelent! thank you.
on 26 July 2011
Bought this for my 5 yr old 'cos she heard the poem and thought it was 'great'. Her eyes lit up once she saw the book. I will just add my agreement to the other reviews - fantastic illustrations and the 'year and a day' pages really engage her. She likes to recite the months and comment on what the owl and pussycat are doing in each month's picture.
on 9 April 2012
The Owl and The Pussycat is one of my childhood favourites!

The pictures are delightful and the story engaging.

I was given the book as a gift not long ago because I loved it so much - and I now enjoy reading it to my nephew who I am sure will become a big fan.