Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 June 2014
I have to admit I was looking forward to reading this book, I am an avid fan of johanna Lindsey but haven't read one of hers for a while, I am so disappointed , in fact the story was way off her usual feisty characters and great plots ,I've preordered her latest which is out soon, I hope it's better than this work because I'll just have to give her a miss (it's like someone else wrote the book).
One of the first romances I ever read was a JL. My keeper shelf has many of her books, and if I've read A Gentle Rogue once, I've read it fifty times, at least. But this new book, One Heart to Win, isn't a keeper for me. I skimmed a lot, and I mean a lot. I was bored and restless, very disinterested, and I almost decided to DNF it, but I hate to do that with a book. So I plodded along, and that's honestly what it felt like. There's no real excitement, no real action, no real romance. On finishing the book, I ended it without feeling any love for or about this couple.

I have no strong connection to Tiffany, who is really a blah heroine to me, nor do I feel I actually know or love the hero, Hunter, all that much either. He barely stands out in the story. He's really hardly there. For me, both h/H are missing depth and boldness and vibrancy. Where's the romance? Where's that quick dialogue and interaction showing and not telling me they have a connection with each other? I felt no connection to either Tiffany or Hunter, and I felt no chemistry or true passion between them. Not enough time is spent with them actually being together. I wanted more time together, more intimacy. Not necessarily more sex, but more intimacy. As for the sex/love scenes, they were very lacking. Just quick, vague and without any heart.

I wasn't that interested in the overall storyline and the whole reason for Tiffany's parents' separation. Really boring. And Tiffany's impersonation could have been more fun and interesting than it was. This story could have been amped up a lot more than it was. But really, the most disappointing thing about this book is the actual romance itself. I did not feel it. No genuine feeling of love or need; I had no feeling of urgency to see this couple kiss, or make love, or just look at each other and go to that deep place of forever. For me, there was no passion, no romance, and no investment. A big disappointment.
on 4 January 2014
I love johanna books but this one let me down . skip a lot of it there no funny bits. pls johanne let your next book be like the older ones
on 20 June 2013
I agree with the earlier reviewer that this book is rather a let down. I have all of JL's books, am a real fan, and read them over and over again. This one, however, is lacking in story and character depth.

I can't connect with Tiffany. Her decisions seem strange and unnatural given the circumstances. Hunter is too vaguely written. Even the two intimate encounters they have are dull. A shame as I was really looking forward to this book.
on 3 May 2014
Read all her books but this has to be the most disappointing I usually fall a little bit in love with then men, Philip, James, nick, tony to name a few but I just couldn't get inside either of the characters.
on 15 December 2014
Looking forward to read this book, it has been ages since I read Johanna Lindsey's novels.
Will read this book during the holidays. Let's dream .....
on 11 January 2014
As usual her books are great. I rated 4 stars because it for me is not
as good as her other books. But still enjoying it
on 10 April 2016
Love this new series Johanna Lindsey has done it again. I will be reading this on my summer holidays. Thanks johanna
on 25 April 2016
I really liked that the people were all so believable characters like most of this authors books that I have read
on 11 June 2014
Certainly not one of Joanna Lindsey's better books. Readable but as I say not as good as many of the others.