Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 March 2007
Firstly I will start off by saying that i am not a big reader. I enjoy reading and try to, but for one reason or another, i never seem to be able to get into a book to finish it.

I decided to try McNabbs "Remote Control" as its the first in the series, with the idea that if i liked it i could read the rest in the correct order.

My what a book! The story, the characters and McNabbs writing style are truly superb. The story is gripping and as you read page after page, it is impossible not to see the story unfold in your mind - so much so its as though your watching a film (this book should be made into one!).

If you are at all interested in the thriller genre and want an exciting read, then for the price this book is well worth trying.

5 Stars
on 12 December 2003
I’ve read all of the McNab books and think they are all cracking reads; Remote Control & Crisis Four are definitely a cut above the others.
Remote Control is the first and in my opinion, still the best. I first read this book when it was first published in paperback. I was off sick and picked up the book in the evening after sleeping most of the day. I stopped reading once to make a cup of tea towards the end of the American adventure! It was superb and I’ve re-read it a couple of times and often listen to the Audio Book- I think Jack Davenport is the best of the three narrators to date. This is an excellent story and is well written by someone with an in depth knowledge of such matters that only experience will ever give you. No one who hasn’t been there and done it could tell the story in such a way. It is well written and certainly very descriptive. McNab’s style pips Chris Ryan’s for me, there’s less ego coming out and I can sense someone with a wealth of experience but still retaining their humility.
A book that should one day be revered with the same esteem as Casino Royale, Day of The Jackal and Harry’s Game as classic action adventure fiction.
on 27 March 2016
This is first Andy McNab book that I have read and I really enjoyed it. It is a book that is fast paced with little bits of humour and I am looking forward to reading the next book. If you like the Strike Back series, then I would recommend that you give this book a try.
on 7 November 2013
This book kept me absorbed and flowed really well, good storyline and interesting insight into a normally 'secretive' career. Gets you wondering how much is fiction and how much of this actually goes on?
on 4 January 2011
I write this review decades after actually reading the book, the effect on me was so great that I review it all these years later.

My first McNab book was 'B20' - I was sceptical before reading fiction from him, but the book astounded me with its pure drama and intrigue. I loved it so much that Nick Stone became my favourite fiction character and I recommended the book to all I knew, and to this day I still recommend McNab.

I have read all the Stone books since - They have all been cracking ... McNab has a specially reserved shelf on my book case but the next one won't fit!

WB - Bobby on the Run
on 29 April 2013
great start to the Nick Stone series, just re-read it and its still as powerfull as before. Andy McNabb writes from experience in the SAS so none of his stories seem far fetched.

Just read Firewall (Nick Stone 2) and that's pretty awesome too
on 13 January 2016
Andy McNab simply gives his readers exactly what they want in such an honest in depth way, you just can't help feeling your right there with his character Nick Stone and perhaps there's more truth to his writing than fiction!
on 21 October 2007
this is the best book ive ever read. five stars doesnt do it justice it needs to be at least 1000/5 is absolutly brilliant.
ive read many other books about the sas and by mcnab and this is the best of the lot, nothing has or will top this
on 30 June 2013
My first Nick Stone book and hard to put down. If the rest of McNabs books are as good as this, then I think I,m in for some late nights. A superb read, gripping from start to finish with plenty of detail and twists and turns.
on 10 November 2009
McNab's writing is not flowery, but it flows like a river, and with no effort from the reader, you are there, in the midst of the action. And the action comes thick and fast. I read the two non fiction first, and I shall be avidly reading the Nick Stone series. Absolutely excellent. The characters are believable, and if would make an excellent movie. I suppose it would have to be Sean Bean again!